Battle for Kharkov 1942 tips?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Pzrjager

Battle for Kharkov 1942 tips?

Post by Pzrjager »

Has anyone managed to get a decisive victory on this 6 turn scenario? I got a minor victory tonight by encircling the Soviet salient SW of the Donets, but didn't have enough units to make a breakthrough across the river.
gmtello

RE: Battle for Kharkov 1942 tips?

Post by gmtello »

Once managed to encircle the whole salient as German and Ended With draw. In real lífe would have meant decisive victrory
Pzrjager

Post by Pzrjager »

I managed a 1.9 to 1 Axis minor victory (so close to a major!) and I'm wondering if decisive is even possible [&:]
Hardradi

Post by Hardradi »

Have not played the game for a while and today I scored a Minor loss...[:@]

Was not expecting the rasputista.
Pzrjager

Post by Pzrjager »

I managed a Major victory last week. I wrote an AAR about it on imgur, I'll probably put it here too when I have more time. https://imgur.com/a/AzP20
Hardradi

Post by Hardradi »

Nice AAR. Thanks for posting, I learned a few things about the weather. Also the "Current Turn Filter" is new to me. Time to update.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”