AI contolling part of your force?

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Perham

AI contolling part of your force?

Post by Perham »

I've seen references to a game mechanic which, I think, implies that you can take direct command of part of your force while leaving the AI to control the rest. I can't recall the term used but can't find any reference to such a feature in the manual. Am I misunderstanding something?
budd

RE: AI contolling part of your force?

Post by budd »

look in your TOAW4 directory for the manuals folder, inside there is an elmer assist primer in word and PDF, its where i started. Hope this helps.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

@Tony... Ron just suggested (after reviewing my tutorials), if I could explain the PO assist stuff in my next tutorial, which is Tutorial '45. I'll try to incorporate it...

In the meanwhile, have a look at the already existing slides/threads of the Tutorial 'XX series, aye?

Tutorial '41: tm.asp?m=4382552
Tutorial '42: tm.asp?m=4387818
Tutorial '42 - Editor: tm.asp?m=4401098
Tutorial '43: tm.asp?m=4390285
Tutorial '43 - Combat: tm.asp?m=4394374
Tutorial '44: tm.asp?m=4397183

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: Perham

I've seen references to a game mechanic which, I think, implies that you can take direct command of part of your force while leaving the AI to control the rest. I can't recall the term used but can't find any reference to such a feature in the manual. Am I misunderstanding something?
Section 11.11 in the manual.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Perham

Post by Perham »

Thanks guys, guess I'm due a visit to Specsavers.
Oberst clink, look forward to it I've been following all your previous posts. Really usefull stuff and a great help. Used to play this a long time ago so now I'm having to learn it all again.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”