Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

rico21

RE: Submitted Scenarios

Post by rico21 »

Hey Mike you've forgotten the zip![:D]
genesismwt

Post by genesismwt »

Yeah, it choked on the size of the original file. Then the next thing I knew, I had posted with no attachment.

But anyhows, here is Rico's collection, consolidated to a single zip file.

Thanks for playing!

Attachments
RicosScenarios.zip
(4.01 MiB) Downloaded 939 times
The game is afoot!

Mike
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Thanks, Brother.
rico21

To The Last Man

Post by rico21 »

To The Last Man
Budapest,13 January 1945: Malinovskii's forward detachments had encircled doomed Budapest. The German garrison, ordered by
Hitler to defend the Hungarian capital to the last man, fortify the city for a siege as Ceramics Factory, where well-armed and
determined SS troops had organized a circular defense.

Russian -->] German

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns - LOS 11 HEXES
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ The general - Deluxe ASL scenario A ]
Attachments
ToTheLastMan.zip
(25.6 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
rico21

A Morning at the Zoo

Post by rico21 »

A Morning at the Zoo
Kharkov,12 March 1943: Despite being forced out of the city a month earlier, the LSSAH has returned. Fighting rages throughout
the city, as SS spearheads converge upon Dzerzhinsky Square near the center of town. Just south of that place lies the Kharkov
Zoo, where hardened men of the Soviet 5th Tank Army have dug in...

German -->] Russian

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns - LOS 8 HEXES
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer: Combat Mission'Men [ CMBB ]
Attachments
AMorningattheZoo.zip
(26.17 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
rico21

Seelow

Post by rico21 »

Seelow
On April 16, 1945, the Red Army attacked the German defense lines near the town of Seelow, 70 km east of Berlin. The Soviet
Marshal Zhukov having underestimated the altitude of the city, his commanders were forced to make detours. A very chaotic fight
ensued in the marshy surroundings of the Oder and on the heights of Seelow.
On April 16, 1945, at 3 am, the first Belarusian front, led by Marshal Georgi Zhukov, attacked the German lines. The 9th German
Army, led by General Theodor Busse, was positioned in the marshy surroundings of the Oder, 90 km east of Berlin. German troops
seem to offer a weak resistance, Marshal Zhukov decided to launch the attack. She was not, however, successful. Indeed, the 143
anti-aircraft projectors placed in the front line to blind the enemy also disoriented his own soldiers. In addition, the Soviet
forces were surprised by the intensity of the German defense fire. Earlier than he had planned, Marshal Zhukov had to engage
two army corps in the battle, causing chaos at the rear of the Küstrin bridgehead, where the tanks were stationed. Conversely,
German units managed to successfully carry out several counterattacks against the Red Army.
When the first Soviet tanks reached the heights of Seelow and tried to continue their ascent, the men of Marshal Zhukov quickly
realized that he had underestimated the altitude of the city. In some places, the slope was so steep that Soviet commanders
were forced to make detours, often finding themselves facing the German lines of defense. The marshy surroundings of the Oder
and the heights of Seelow were the scene of a fierce battle.
The situation did not really change until 18 April, when the Soviet tanks reached Reichsstrasse 1 at Diedersdorf, just after
Seelow, and headed for Müncheberg. On April 19, Marshal Zhukov's troops finally crossed the last line of German defense and
began their advance towards Berlin, the battle of the heights of Seelow having left thousands dead and wounded on both sides.

Russian -->] German

Scenario Length: 12 Game Turns - LOS 12 HEXES
Scenario designer: X'Men [ Cough Rico ]
Attachments
Seelow.zip
(34.56 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
rico21

Marxdorf

Post by rico21 »

Marxdorf
04/19/1945, South-East of Muncheberg.
The battle for the Berlin breakthrough is almost complete. The heights of Seelow were swept away by the 8th Guards Army at the
cost of heavy losses. His opponent, the 9th German Army is also in very bad shape. Short of ammunition, she is trying to slow
the Russian advance to organize a new line of defense.
The 1st Armored Army and 8th Guards Army are now advancing towards muncheberg on Reichstrasse 1, the main road leading directly
to Berlin. On their southern flank, the XI SS Panzerkorps is preparing to retake the small village of Marxdorf to block the
road again.

German ->] Russian

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns - LOS 14 Hexes
Scenario designer:Combat Mission'Men [Combat Mission 2 Barbarossa to Berlin]
Attachments
Marxdorf.zip
(26.12 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
fuselex

RE: Marxdorf

Post by fuselex »

First time , be gentle.
Play as German , Victory conditions may be a bit off , along with a lot of other stuff , but if either side hold 2
victory hexes it`s a major win to them , 1 each is a draw .
Not even sure if the upload will work :)
On normal difficulty .
Attachments
dave1.zip
(20.03 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
slaphappypappy

Post by slaphappypappy »

Nice scenario!
German-Hard
Minor victory.
slaphappypappy

Post by slaphappypappy »

Rico,
Nice scenarios!
Both as German hard.
Seelow-draw
Maxdorf-held the one victory point at costs.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

@slaphappypappy.Thanks.

@fuselex.It taken me six turns to kill all them.Good job.[&o]
rico21

Muncheberg

Post by rico21 »

Muncheberg
04/19/1945
With the Third Reich in its death throes, the Soviet juggernaut began to pick up speed. The German defense line on the Oder had
been broken; one town after another fell to the Russian armies as they advanced on Berlin. Hitler was determined not to fight
the final battle in the city itself, but rather on the front of the IX Army. Throwing whatever troops were available into the
path of the onrushing hordes, the Germans paid a bitter price for every day’s delay. One such instance where heavy fighting
occurred was in and around the little town of Muncheberg, where the Germans momentarily mounted a semblance of organized
defense.
This is a remake of the famously unbalanced scenario The Agony of Doom. There are many changes in this new version: new
mapboard and some changes in the Orders of Battle (especially the Russian one, which is increased by a powerful reinforcement
group.) So playing this one is a completely new experience if you have already played The Agony of Doom.

Russian -->[ German

Scenario Length: 9 Game Turns - LOS (10 hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ The Agony of Doom + Cough Rico ]
Attachments
Muncheberg.zip
(28.31 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
rico21

Schoenhauser Allee

Post by rico21 »

Schoenhauser Allee
04/22/1945
Zhukov's 1st Bielorussian Front has entered Berlin and fierce fighting has erupted throughout the city. Pushing North, elements
of 1st Guards Tank Army aim to sever the last lifeline for the center of Berlin to the northern elements of Army Group Vistula.

Russian -->[ German

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns - LOS (14 hexes)
Scenario designer: Combat Mission'Men [ Schoenhauser Allee ]
Attachments
SchoenhauserAllee.zip
(22.3 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
genesismwt

Keeping up with the Rico's

Post by genesismwt »

My gosh, Rico is industrious. It's hard to keep up just playing them all, let alone trying to keep up with new scenarios to post.

I have converted one I found that I liked. In anticipation of MMP's release of their Korean war module, this one takes place in Seoul, SK.

It's too bad that we don't have some sort of captured weapon mechanic to give the Russians some panzerfausts. In lieu of PF's I gave the North Koreans(Russians) a handful of Molotov Projectors and Demo Charges, with proof that it works! (It was being played on Hard difficulty)

Attachments
Pershingt..rojector.jpg
Pershingt..rojector.jpg (325.51 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
The game is afoot!

Mike
genesismwt

Seoul Brothers

Post by genesismwt »

Seoul Brothers

Gun Duel 2001 GD6

Seoul, S. Korea, 26 September 1950:
Days earlier the 1st Marine Division combined 2 of the most difficult military operations, an amphibious
landing and urban warfare, in theri successful assault landing at the city of Inchon on Korea's western
coast. After overwhelming the defenders at Inchon the 1st Marine Division pushed on to ther next operational
objective, the city of Seoul. Many men of the 1st Marine Div. were veterans of heavy jungle fighting on Guadalcanal,
New Britain and Peleliu. Their new mission brought them face to face with another determined enemy. The North
Korean Peoples Army 9th Division, this time in a different setting.

Units Human Players
'Murican: Squads, MMG, MMG, HMG, BAZ, AFV
NKPA(Russians): Squads, HMG, LMG, MOL Projector & Demo(poor substitutes for RPG-2's), AFV

Maps: One Map

Terrain: Urban

Scenario Length: 5.5 Game Turns

Victory objective: Victory is obtained by accumulating VP for both VL's. Capture or retention of 16,24 is a must.

Adapted by: genesismwt
Attachments
SeoulBrothers.zip
(22.62 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
The game is afoot!

Mike
slaphappypappy

RE: Seoul Brothers

Post by slaphappypappy »

Seoul Brothers
Nice small short scenario.
Played Americans on hard and got Minor Victory.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Mike, Stop to monopolize submitted scenarios![:D]
I'll play your old scenario Seoul Brothers[&o] tomorrow, today I play only the new scenario TOTH Brothers.
UP844

Post by UP844 »

ORIGINAL: slaphappypappy

Seoul Brothers
Nice small short scenario.

Nice, small, short and nasty scenario [:D]

Just played it with both sides at Very Hard level.

With the Americans, I got a Major Victory at the last turn: a tough and challenging game [;)]

With the North Koreans I managed to fare quite well until turn 4, killing both Pershings and then using the T-34s to keep the Americans away from the 20 VP hex: I didn't occupy it (why should I give free targets to an enemy with superior firepower?), but I kept a killer stack with the B* leader, 3 squads, 1 HMG, 1 LMG and 1 DC sheltered in an adjacent hex, ready to blast anyone. This is exactly what they did twice, killing and routing Americans as planned. On the third attempt, however, an American squad somewhat survived my fire, entered CC and quickly slaughtered the so-called "killer stack" against all odds, without even suffering a CR (these are the moments I love in TOTH, as I loved them in ASL). In the American turn 6 the same squad advanced in the 20-VP hex and I got a Major Defeat [:(]
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
genesismwt

Post by genesismwt »

I am certainly glad that those that played it have liked it. It took awhile to get the NK set up so that they would primarily defend 16,24, the 20 point hex. In first couple iterations, they would set up way in the back and leave 16,24 wide open. I truly dislike forcing pieces to specific hexes. I like to leave that to the player.

I like the shorter scenarios, whether its TotH or ASL. It's probably due to my short attention span.
The game is afoot!

Mike
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

just wondering, you guys know how to use the AI Special Command right? When AI is on HOLD (meaning AI is defending) thee AI generally handles the defense. However with the AI Special Command Defend, you can designate a specific AI unit(s) constantly defend a specific hex. In Addition, while AI is on HOLD, the AI special command - Attack can used for specific units on the map/reinforcements coming on the map that will be be in attack mode. Just wondering...if you guys have used this feature at all when designing your scenarios.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”