Strategic Command WWI Classic is back!

Strategic Command World War I: The Great War provides you with the opportunity to re-write history in a war that changed not only the destiny of Europe but of the whole world.
Daniele

Strategic Command WWI Classic is back!

Post by Daniele »

A great classic game returns!

Set during the War to End all Wars, Strategic Command World War I puts you in charge of the two opposite blocs that fought hard for supremacy in over 5 years: The Triple Entente and the Triple Alliance.

Take the chance to rewrite history in the conflict that shaped Europe’s destiny forever!

Get more information about the game on its Product Page!

Main Features:

[*]35 countries, 8 major and 27 minor belligerents(up to 65 nations possible with the Editor)
[*]Trench Warfare - Units can build trenches and trench lines act to block further spotting under Fog of War
[*]Shells - Artillery and Rail Guns now accumulate shells each turn and may fire as many shells as they have available
[*]Research - The many areas available include the key WW1 areas of Trench Warfare and Shell Production
[*]Reconnaissance Spotting - Recon Bombers allow you to fly spotting missions behind enemy lines
[*]National Morale - This value can be increased or decreased by special events, combat losses, enemy and friendly territory held, and it can influence not only individual unit morale but also the entire collapse of a nation if the value drops below critical levels

EDIT for clarification
Battlefront are retiring all the old Strategic Command games from their store and we will be adding them to ours. This is the first of the old games to come across. It is the exact same game as released on Battlefront, just with their e-license system removed and our serial number system added. We'll also be adding the games to Steam and you'll get a Steam key from us.

We will be selling a Gold version that combines the base game and the Breakthrough expansion. Users who have the Battlefront version of the base and the expansion will get our Gold version for free. If you only owned the base game you'll be getting a 60% discount off of the Gold version.

Once you've registered your Gold serial to your Matrix/Slitherine account you'll be able to redeem a Steam key for the Gold version and play your games on Steam.

We will be supporting the Gold version, but we are not able to support the old Battlefront version as we don't know how it works or have any way to resolve issues.

If you need more information please feel free to ask!
Moltke71

RE: Strategic Command WWI Classic is back!

Post by Moltke71 »

How does this differ from the Battlefront version by the same developer?
Jim Cobb
jimi3

Post by jimi3 »

+1 With Breakthrough expansion?
Cheers, Jim
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

ORIGINAL: jimi3

+1 With Breakthrough expansion?

That's good but is there anything for we who already have both?
Jim Cobb
jimi3

Post by jimi3 »

Exactly. I hope they will give it an update equal the WW2 Matrix version.
Cheers, Jim
tarfman

Post by tarfman »

Up until the latest iteration this was my favourite release in the SC series. Really liked the artwork for the units. Very immersive. A definite buy if it comes with the breakthrough expansion. If it doesn't I'd still recommend it. Also has an excellent WW2 campaign.
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

Unfortunately, it does not seem to have the newest games hexes.

I really liked the game,and expansion,but I would have liked it better with hexes.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Mysterian

Post by Mysterian »

ORIGINAL: sulla05

I really liked the game,and expansion,but I would have liked it better with hexes.

From the screen shots on the product page it looks as if it's the same as the Battlefront version. I'd like to see a version with hexes, too. Maybe someday. [&:]
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

When wargames were on boards with counters i could have bought one per year! Now we have computer wargames I find myself buying one per decade.

This is one of those I will ignore.
JMass

Post by JMass »

ORIGINAL: sulla05

No hexes? No thanks! [:-]
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection ... dgame&ff=1
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

Sorry to be posting a negative comment, but I have to be honest in saying the graphics look terrible. I mean really bad for a computer game coming out in the 21st century. If this was still 1999, then maybe I'd look twice at this game. How the heck ?? How could this happen? Can't see myself ever being able to play this game without getting a headache looking at the graphics. Maybe some time and effort will be spent to overhaul this nightmare UI. Please take these comments in a constructive fashion.

Cheers
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

very interesting, so is this the same game that Battlefront.com sells? also why is the announcement saying that a classic game returns? when did SC WW1 originally come out? is it an old game originally?

i am fine with the graphics and all but i do understand that other people may be expecting something more current, maybe the screenshots are just alpha or something?

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ah it's been moved here, my guess is most won't see this either tbh
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

thats a shame as i am still curious about this, - i did not even know there was a prior version of SC WW1 other than what is over at Battlefront still - or is that the clasic they are meaning?
Cablenexus

Post by Cablenexus »

I'm almost 100 % excited with every Matrix/Slitherine release. Regardless if it's an old or new title.
This news message isn't very clear and since I do daily research about everything what's new on Wargaming I have more questions now then there are answered.

The same game is sold at Battlefront for 45 EUR, what is (imho) absurd for such an old game.
I'm curious if the price here will be the same and if not, why?
Is it a cooperation with the original developer or with Battlefront?
Is it the same game offered at Battlefront indeed? Is it an updated version (all dlc, patches etc) or a remake?

The graphics itself isn't the problem for me, I like them. The game looks interesting. What I miss is the fact how this offer is accomplished.
Thanks in advance.
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

hello Cablenexus et al

I'm sorry, the original post was not as clear as it could have been. Whilst we edit that I can answer a few of your questions

This is a re release of the original Strategic Command 2 WW1 game published by Battlefront (and so as such is older than Strategic Command - War in Europe that Matrix published in November 16)

It now includes the 'Breakthrough!' expansion

Battlefront and Fury Software (Hubert) are happy for us to do this

Apologies for the confusion

Ben Wilkins
Cablenexus

Post by Cablenexus »

ORIGINAL: Benedict151

hello Cablenexus et al

I'm sorry, the original post was not as clear as it could have been. Whilst we edit that I can answer a few of your questions

This is a re release of the original game Strategic Command 2 WW1 game published by Battlefront (and so as such is older than Strategic Command - War in Europe that Matrix published in November 16)

It now includes the 'Breakthrough!' expansion

Battlefront and Fury Software (Hubert) are happy for us to do this

Apologies for the confusion

Ben Wilkins

Thank you! Most important it's an up to date version including the newest expansion pack.
As I understand also the original developer support this version.

Hopefully the price will be a bit friendlier for newcomers in the series since we can pick up SC WW2 for 36,99 and the older version at Battlefront including the DLC is 55 EUR.

Of course this is up to the devs/publisher and I think Slitherine is at the right track atm, except some older titles. Looking forward to this anyway! Thanks again Benedict151!
n0kn0k

Post by n0kn0k »

Will there be a Steam release?
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

"Will there be a Steam release?"

Yes!

regards
Benedict Wilkins
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

Return to “Strategic Command Classic: WWI”