DW - Starfall Ver 1.12

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Unforeseen

RE: [WIP] DW - Starfall - version 0.4

Post by Unforeseen »

Wo slow your roll pal. I actually like the mod. Just needs work in the balance department. I get what you were trying to do with the space ports. Im just letting you know that in the long run it gimps them rather than strengthens.
fierceking

RE: [WIP] DW - Starfall - ver 1.12

Post by fierceking »

ORIGINAL: Unforeseen

Wo slow your roll pal. I actually like the mod. Just needs work in the balance department. I get what you were trying to do with the space ports. Im just letting you know that in the long run it gimps them rather than strengthens.
I am glad you like the mod but like I said I'm not changing the mod.

You could be right on some of the things you pointed out, although I made some races use smaller ships for a reason. But I have no incentive to make changes anymore. The game is not being updated anymore by the devs so I see no point in adding or improving stuff on this mod.

Bug fixes that are easy to fix, I can do, which I did.

But to balance the size of the ship relative to all the different components is just too much work. Every component and upgrades has differing sizes. I would have to do that to all ships types for all 70 races. Too much work.

The Large spaceport is more of a way for the player to be at par with the AI when playing on Very Hard or Extreme setting. At mid game, even a 150k shield can get ripped to shreds when the AI decides to invade you. On Normal and Hard setting, the player should be able to win, regardless of the size of the spaceport.

So like I said, there are other mods out there you might like if the spaceport sizes bother you...
Unforeseen

RE: [WIP] DW - Starfall - ver 1.12

Post by Unforeseen »

Thats fine. I may have come off like i was complaining earlier but the truth is i was trying to help. I didnt know you were done updating and i dont blame you. Its alot of work. I didnt even finish any of my mods.

Im going to give osito's mod a go. But I think im going to duct tape yours to it. Lot of other features in your mod that I just cant see myself playing without.

Honestly I wish beyond extended hadnt been abandoned. I could of put all three of these mods together and basically had a sequel lol.
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

an impressive "Labour of Love.. [&o][&o][&o][&o][&o] [X(]
Remigius

Post by Remigius »

In my current game with the keskudons, I had the kaldos hyperdrive from the very beginning of the game available, even thought, it is not researched. I can choose it for new designs and it was build in the shps seeded at game start too. Any idea why that is?
danymatrix

Post by danymatrix »

a new update, please?
patdoomdoom

Post by patdoomdoom »

Thanks for great work[&o]
blerp

Post by blerp »

Just registered to comment how great this mod is, love the big tech expansion that it makes.

Also, I've been messing around with governments, if anybody wants them they're on pastebin:

KjtpVBH1
0MS45Jyn

Just copy the raw data to governments and government biases
TheTrooper

Post by TheTrooper »

Guys, don't know if you got the same problem as i do but when i try to start Starfall the game tells me i can't start it because the components number ain't sequential so my game gets stuck. Any solution?
NexusCron

RE: DW - Starfall Ver 1.12

Post by NexusCron »

I can't download the mod, the mediafire link doesn't work, it says it doesn't exsist. ..Can someone dropbox or google drive this mod?
atazs

Post by atazs »

Bump, the links are all down. I see the guy who made this mod has not been online in years. Can someone re upload this mod somewhere?
Capshades

Post by Capshades »

Here's the old 1.10 version. Someone who has time and knowledge may want to run it through Sabranan's mod tool to see if it has everything needed for the most recent version of DWU.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r13o3nuw0usw1pg/DW%20-%20Starfall%201.10.zip?dl=0
Sabranan

Post by Sabranan »

I believe I'm right in saying the only major thing wrong with it is the out of sequence research. Components and fighters are out of sequence too but I'm not sure if that's a critical issue.

In any case, opening it with my mod tool and outputting just the research, components and fighters will automagically sort the order for you. There are plenty of other minor issues (you'll see a lot of orange warnings in the log, mostly typo's), but that should be sufficient to get it working.
rjord2021

Post by rjord2021 »

ORIGINAL: Capshades

Here's the old 1.10 version. Someone who has time and knowledge may want to run it through Sabranan's mod tool to see if it has everything needed for the most recent version of DWU.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r13o3nuw0usw1pg/DW%20-%20Starfall%201.10.zip?dl=0

Capshades

Thanks for providing the link.
Had a look and saw there were 69 races that could be chosen to play.
Have to see how that was done so I can add the same number of available races to my mod.

Roy
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

You have to recycle shipsets since the limit is 50. Imo I think any race after 25 gets redundant.
rjord2021

Post by rjord2021 »

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970

You have to recycle shipsets since the limit is 50. Imo I think any race after 25 gets redundant.

Thanks for the reply. I was aware of the 50 ship limit but thought there was a limit on the number of races as well.

Sabranan

Post by Sabranan »

Just realised I actually have this. It's on my Google Drive now!
boboverlord1

Post by boboverlord1 »

Thanks. I'm using your took now. It's very useful.
Parmenides

Post by Parmenides »

I am not able to download it via mediafire? it tells me wrong or deleted file
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

here the link to the new version of "Starfall" [compatible with "Distant Worlds: Universe"] from Sabranan:

You can download it here.

Return to “Design and Modding”