Is there any chance from a screenshot at XMas or before?

3D version of Close Combat
Nomada_Firefox

Is there any chance from a screenshot at XMas or before?

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Clearly it would be a good present.

If you do not want show a screenshot, you can show a image with all the vehicle models by example, the main splash image or one top view image from a map.

I want remember you how perhaps you have seen it but all the players around here, we have not seen nothing more than two screenshots for 4 years. We are very sceptical about this proyect.

Everybody deserve a gift at Xmas.;)
Tactics

RE: Is there any chance from a screenshot at XMas or before?

Post by Tactics »

CC The Bloody First is a myth. The jokes is on us, though - because we keep coming back to post and check for updates.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Nomada,

I hope to post at least the game main screen and some in-battle shots. But Slitherine goes on vacation for the holidays next week, so it's a question of getting approval before then.

Steve
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

Nomada,

I hope to post at least the game main screen and some in-battle shots. But Slitherine goes on vacation for the holidays next week, so it's a question of getting approval before then.

Steve
I know. [8|]By this reason I ask now......
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

You have to get approval to post a screenshot of your own game? Oh the bureaucracy around here!
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

From my point of view. They are making the same made with all the other new games. When the game reach the beta, they will add a section for the game with some screenshots and the features description.

However, they could easily have told us about this instead from tell us things as "we are waiting to get the best results".[8|]
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

I dont see use the "we go on holidays" excuse ok in the moment you have a full year to prepare something to show... even if you are waiting beta this is not a game that is "alive" a few months, is tracked since 2014... more than 2 years.

Lets see if is time enough or not.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: jglazier
You have to get approval to post a screenshot of your own game? Oh the bureaucracy around here!

I'm the programmer, but the 'owner' of the game is Slitherine. So they get to approve things that are being released to the public.

Steve
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

Has it really been 4 years now?

And if so they still don't/wont/cant show us a screen shot?

Now granted I have no faith in either Matrix or Sulla to provide me with the next CC but jeesh,even sulla has provided us with more info and screen shots.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

I'm the programmer, but the 'owner' of the game is Slitherine. So they get to approve things that are being released to the public.
Fair enough.
Has it really been 4 years now?
From the first announce, probably. Fortunately, I have been discovered it two years ago but I have seen things about it in the Panthers of Fog forum. Perhaps Steve can tell us better about it.
even sulla has provided us with more info and screen shots.
Tell to the people beautiful lies is not provide us with more information.

Same image taken from many different angles is not show more screenshots.

And at the end, I do not like the game from Sulla because it does not look as a CC game. I do not go to play anything if I do not like it.
Platoon_Michael

Same image taken from many different angles is not show more screenshots.

Its more than what you've gotten from here.
Platoon_Michael

Maybe this should be renamed to The Bloody Shame.....cause its a Bloody Shame they cant produce a game in 4 years.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Can be but I continue liking more the two screenshots from BF than the three different images from different angles from Sulla's game. The images from BF remember me to a old Close Combat style game.

About lies, Sulla told how his game will be able to be modded but now, at this date, there are not a single game from Unity which you can edit for modding. Steve probably can confirm this, the Unity3D copyright does not accept modding.[8|]

However I repeat, I am not interested in the game from Sulla. Just I want see something new from Close Combat Bloody First and one day, to play the game.
Alsabretion

Post by Alsabretion »

ORIGINAL: Nomada_Firefox
at this date, there are not a single game from Unity which you can edit for modding. Steve probably can confirm this, the Unity3D copyright does not accept modding.

I have to jump in here; this is complete fallacy. There is nothing, copyright or otherwise, that will prevent a moddable game being made in Unity (outside programmer ability).

A single Unity game that can be modded? Kerbal Space Program.

I do not know of the game you are talking about or the context but that was a pretty big bit of misinformation.

On topic... I am somewhat disappointed with the delay in any real information regarding the game. It appears as though there is a pretty small team (Just Steve programming??) so the game itself blowing out timeframe wise is understandable but somewhere along the pipeline there seems to be a pretty big blockage regarding passage of information (eg. The timeframe for screenshots to be approved).

Regardless, still not Christmas yet and this week Slitherine 'goes on holidays' so I guess there is still the possibility we will see something if we assume they work through until Friday...
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

I have to jump in here; this is complete fallacy. There is nothing, copyright or otherwise, that will prevent a moddable game being made in Unity (outside programmer ability).
Just one game which it was created for be modded.........how many more can you see?

Have you read lately the unity3D copyright? https://unity3d.com/es/legal/terms-of-service there is nothing about mods.......

Look this https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/makin ... 1482493559 if you follow all the answers, you will understand the problems with the compiler, C and more. Unity3D is not the best engine for modding.

However, I do not care, Close Combat Bloody First does not use Unity3D, it uses Archon and any bad copyright is out of discussion because it is a engine fully from Slitherine. It can be modded easily and better.
Platoon_Michael

This a JOKE!
How many years has it been?.................4?

And they still have nothing to show,but yet we all Troll here looking for something.

They've changed engines once already
I don't care if 2/3 people are working on this game just be Honest and say so.
And if there is only 2 people working on it then THEY should have never announced the game Knowing all to well it was going to take FOREVER!

4 years and they have nothing to show you just goes to show that there's nothing to show.................Plain and Simple!
Platoon_Michael

[b]4 years and they have nothing to show you just goes to show that there's nothing to show.................Plain and Simple! [/b]
Platoon_Michael

What a Freaking JOKE!

And the actual joke isn't only on them.....................It's on you and me expecting them to provide us with a game.
Platoon_Michael

Stupid morons couldn't even provide you with an update to where they are with the game untill some LOUD Mouthed SOB forced them to.
mickxe5

Post by mickxe5 »

LPT - if you mull it over for a few minutes all of your angst and agita can be consolidated into a single foam-flecked post.

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”