USSR MPP 1940's Production

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Malor

USSR MPP 1940's Production

Post by Malor »

I'm trying to determine if it is normal for the USSR to only receive approx. 30 MPPs per turn during the 1940 turns?

It seems strange that they never have enough MPP to but stuff and even if I attempt to save MPP, the total never seems to move much.

Very difficult to do anything as the USSR in 1939 and 1940 without MPP which makes playing the USSR not very fun.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Malor
Goodmongo

RE: USSR MPP 1940's Production

Post by Goodmongo »

WAD. Else they will be too strong. Their units cost half and they get a ton of free stuff. It is to prevent you and the AI from doing too much research too fast.
mavraamides

Post by mavraamides »

Yeah don't worry. Pretty soon you'll be getting 600-800 per turn and you'll have more than you can spend.

In the meantime, once you've got Industry, Production and Infantry weapons research started buy lots of garrisons. That seems to be the key for USSR early game. Stick them in all the cities close to the border till you can afford more expensive units. They die easily but they force the German's to use up valuable attacks that could be used on heavier units.

Scook_99

Post by Scook_99 »

Play around with the Diplomacy on this.....works best in player vs player though.
My friend determined the best use of diplomacy is on the USA and USSR, in fact, I think either shut it off, or have a gentlemen's agreement not to touch those when facing a human.

If you are Axis and get a positive roll on the USSR, it is conceivable for the USSR to have 0 MPP a turn. Without that "measly" 30 MPP a turn, it's pretty much game over.

On the opposite side, getting a positive hit or hits as Allies, getting either USA or USSR to 100% and into the war in 1940 is a "Game Over, Man". Especially the USSR, if they can be brought it early, or get some hits and raise their diplo level, which happens to affect their income every turn, well, it's not fun. I played out a game where my friend got a lucky hit, had USSR enter the war September 1940, and the Russians were in Berlin June, 1942.

Yes, it cost 150 MPP per diplo point, and there is no guarantee of getting a hit, but the reward heavily outweighs the risk.
Malor

Post by Malor »

Thanks for the responses. Just wanted to confirm it was normal.

There probably should be something in the manual to indicate this.

Malor
Mantis

Post by Mantis »

That's pretty much standard in games of this type. No different from the US really.
Malor

Post by Malor »

I did some reading last night and found section 7.2.0 and the few around it in the manual which explain the mobilization rules and industry modifiers. While they were not clear on my first read through before this game, once I've seen how the game plays and reread the section, it makes sense now why the USSR is lacking in MPPs in 1940.

Thanks again to all that responded to my question.
Malor

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”