New Bug Report Too many bombers

War in Russia is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
matt.buttsworth

New Bug Report Too many bombers

Post by matt.buttsworth »

I have an IL4 bomber unit as Russian in 1941 that was bombed and has over 200 planes ready to fly.
But instead of being great, the number of bombers is somehow beyond the game parameters and crashes the game. I cannot change them to interdiction without crashing the game. I can shift them. But I cannot use them as a long range bombing unit.
Sad.
So instead I have sent them up to the front with the dive bombers in the hope that enough of them will soon die so that I can use this elite unit.
Has anyone else had similar problems?
Beware building up your airforce units too high.
The Game is Wir 3.3 Possum 6
Ed Cogburn

Re: New Bug Report Too many bombers

Post by Ed Cogburn »

Originally posted by matt.buttsworth
I have an IL4 bomber unit as Russian in 1941 that was bombed and has over 200 planes ready to fly.
But instead of being great, the number of bombers is somehow beyond the game parameters and crashes the game. I cannot change them to interdiction without crashing the game. I can shift them. But I cannot use them as a long range bombing unit.
Sad.
So instead I have sent them up to the front with the dive bombers in the hope that enough of them will soon die so that I can use this elite unit.
Has anyone else had similar problems?
Beware building up your airforce units too high.
The Game is Wir 3.3 Possum 6

I just tried a Soviet bomber group with 250 IL4 and 250 damaged IL4 and they interdicted without a game crash. 250 is the maximum that it will go. Do you have a save game of this?
matt.buttsworth

Yes I can send it to you. What is your email address? Now it is happening to two L4 units. One much smaller.
matt.buttsworth

I just worked out how to email you. I will send you the files now.

Return to “War In Russia: The Matrix Edition”