V1.01.44 Beta Patch

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Daniele

V1.01.44 Beta Patch

Post by Daniele »

Hello Everyone,

We have a new update ready for Public Beta. If you have registered your copy of War in the West, you can download the latest beta update from our Members Club.

This updates the base War in the West and the Operation Torch expansion.

New Features and Rule Changes
1. Editor - Added the ability to see insignia art in the editor for ground units (like the air units).
2. Improved function which cleans plane structure.
3. Clarification – It’s been noted that a motorized unit can have a greater percentage of its max MPs than it has a percentage need for fuel. This is not a bug. Since units can be refueled during movement, this is possible. The unit will get an emergency resupply of fuel if it runs out of fuel as it moves. The shortage of fuel (and vehicles) can impact the unit’s starting MPs, but if it has MPs, it will get the emergency resupply if needed.
4. Added warning/confirmation message when trying to rebuild air groups with all zero ready/damaged/reserve percentage.

Bug Fixes
1. Fixed a movement calculation bug that was preventing players from being able to move units to some hexes they should be able to reach (had to do with movement over rivers).
2. Fixed EF screen appearance.
3. EF box units weren't getting replacements under some conditions (till first invasion or splitting of some units). Fixed.
4. Fixed unit supply bug in EFB where EFB units were not getting supply.
5. Fixed air group CR screen (duplicate All in filter removed, East Front units properly listed).
6. Scenario check utility in WITW should now ignore Soviet units.
7. Fixed air group CR screen.
8. Fixed several air group transfer bugs: a. incorrectly calculated transfer distances b. incorrectly calculated mileage c. source and destination air bases could be the same.
9. Units in refit mode were getting full replacements when in any depot hex (that had enough freight). This should only happen in national supply source depots. Fixed.
10. Available air groups for each model of aircraft are not displayed correctly in production screen. Fixed.
11. Editor - Build Size % and Build Ready % functions in the Editor/Ground unit menu are buggy. Fixed.
12. In limited production scenarios 100% of fuel of consumed. Fixed.
13. Fixed replacement bug, when empty items in non-native OB slots are not receiving replacements.

14. Fixed unit/OB slot selection routine.
15. Fixed small ground element replacement bug.
16. Fixed CR unit tab/received supply sorting display bug.
17. Game hangs up during Allied AI movement phase. Fixed.
18. Fixed map factory icon appearance in air planning and city recon display modes.
19. Fixed CR air group type filter ALL/NONE buttons.
20. Adjusted OB-Unit mapping system and hooked it to the replacement code.
21. Fixed air group load out display.
22. Unable to access map editor in some earlier versions. Fixed.

Data and Scenario Changes
1. Corrected 9 of the generic data files that had been corrupted. These files are only used when modding so they had no impact on scenarios.
2. Changes in ob and ground data files: a) Moved the introduction date of the Commonwealth Pioneer Section from 1/44 to 7/43. b) All Sherman IIC Fireflies have been replaced with Sherman IC Fireflies in the TOE file. c) Corrected Motor Section in British Armored Car Regiment to earlier section. d) Corrected Scout Section in Free French Commando Battalion to earlier section.
3. Fixed some Allied unit OBs that were using the wrong nationality support squads. In addition, the Gurkha brigade is now an Indian Brigade with Indian support.
4. Changed 3 aircraft photos and added a new aircraft photo.
5. Changes to Scenarios: a. Some mismatched nation support squads fixed across all scenarios b. 1944 campaigns, Breaching Gothic, B&P, Op Diadem: added two missing german SP Flak factories to Frankfurt/Main and Cottbus, producing either 10/4, 251/17 or 251/21. c. In certain scenarios the air unit Stab/JG 5 was changed from wrong Staffel size to correct Schwarm size d. Some invalid HHQs fixed in campaigns e. Some organization changes to German StuG units to ensure some get a special organization and others don't f. 4th Supreme Command adapted to new ground element/OB files, some minor HHQ issues fixed g. 540 RAF Rec Sqn was mistakenly set up as naval-only in GC 43 and 4th SC h. GC45 - Invalid Sherman IIC Firefly replaced by IC in some units, most changed to VCI.(Pzj)/SG 9: disabled, formed from multiple existing units i. Changed/Added depots to ensure Freight deliveries to distant/island bases

Rainer

RE: V1.01.44 Beta Patch

Post by Rainer »

This version (1.01.44 beta) does not run under Windows XP ("WarInTheWest.exe is not a valid Win32 application").
The version runs fine with Windows 10 Anniversary. Win7 not checked.

BTW, in both versions (37 and 44) the City of Cologne is still on the wrong side of the Rhine.
It should be on the West bank of the river in Hex 111,184 (currently Cologne is in Hex 112,184 on the East bank).
WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

This version (1.01.44 beta) does not run under Windows XP ("WarInTheWest.exe is not a valid Win32 application").

Interesting. Will check it. I don't think any tester was running it under Windows XP. Since this version was built with new compiler it could be possible that it became non-compatible with WinXP.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

Could well be a compiler parameter issue.
WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Yes.
Pavel Zagzin
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

I have started a new 43-456 Scenario as the allies it seems that it has become very difficult to build or expand air fields without placing a construction unit in the city. Has anyone else noticed this?

Started another new game as Ai v AI and set about 10 airfields to expand or build in the UK with no construction unit and after about 8 turns nothing had happened, they were frozen at 0.1%.
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Is this able to be fixed or is there a workaround?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Can you provide a save? Attach to the post in the tech support subforum or send to 2by3@2by3games.com. Thanks.
Pavel Zagzin
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

ORIGINAL: Helpless

Can you provide a save? Attach to the post in the tech support subforum or send to 2by3@2by3games.com. Thanks.

I just e-mailed 3 saves to 2by3@2by3games.com.
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

with new compiler it could be possible that it became non-compatible with WinXP.

Any plans to fix that or will XP users be left in the cold?
WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

We have created a version that we think runs on Win XP, but we don't have anyone to fully test it for us. If you have an XP computer and are willing to try out the new exe, please email me at 2by3@2by3games.com. I can email you the test exe to try out. Thanks.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

@Joel
Email sent, thanks.
WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Rainer has confirmed that are test version works for Win XP. I doubt there are many players using XP so we probably won't release this next beta exe right away. If you are using WinXP and want to get a copy of this exe, email me at 2by3@2by3games.com.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Darojax

Post by Darojax »

Hi guys.

I'm trying to create a new multiplayer game in the V1.01.44 Beta Patch, but as soon as I press the NEW button on the Multiplayer page the game crashes with a "WarInTheWest application has stopped working". This could of course be local file corruption on my end, could someone be so kind to check if they have the same issue?

I'm running Windows 8.1, have tried to run the autorun.exe both regularly and as administrator.

Thanks!

D
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I was able to duplicate the crash. We'll take a look. It doesn't crash for me using 1.01.37 so it must be something new in the recent public beta version.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

ORIGINAL: Darojax

Hi guys.

I'm trying to create a new multiplayer game in the V1.01.44 Beta Patch, but as soon as I press the NEW button on the Multiplayer page the game crashes with a "WarInTheWest application has stopped working". This could of course be local file corruption on my end, could someone be so kind to check if they have the same issue?

I'm running Windows 8.1, have tried to run the autorun.exe both regularly and as administrator.

Thanks!

D

Same for me in Win 10 if it matters.
Captain57

Post by Captain57 »

I seem to be having issues clearing filters when in Air Transfer mode (F10). I have to go to F1 to clear the filters.
EddyBear81

Post by EddyBear81 »

ORIGINAL: Deerslayer

ORIGINAL: Darojax

Hi guys.

Thanks!

D

Same for me in Win 10 if it matters.

Same here.
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Any idea on a possible timeline for another beta to fix the issues discussed above?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

We may put out a hotfix exe for the MP issue by early next week. Getting a full beta release will probably take longer.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”