Adding a weapon record/mount to a Launcher Facility

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

wqc12345

Adding a weapon record/mount to a Launcher Facility

Post by wqc12345 »

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right..

But, this is what I'm trying to do, I want to add the SS-12 Intermediate range missile to a launcher facility. I thought you could add a mount and then a weapon record to the mount (it automatically adds the weapon when adding a mount tho). but, when i do this, the launch facility doesn't launch the missile. I've set my Special Weapon Auth to GRANTED and I tested a normal SS-12 launcher, which worked fine.. But I want to use the existing structures and place a missile there and have it launch based on scenario conditions (which I know how to do)..

Attached save and pics..

Here are the pics of the location:

and.

Attachments
RubySlipper2016.zip
(98.39 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
mikmykWS

RE: Adding a weapon record/mount to a Launcher Facility

Post by mikmykWS »

Fired fine once I went to the side ROE and set nuke launch to on. It takes a few minutes to get through the cycle. Are you giving it enough time?

When things don't fire you can actually check why by using manual allocation. It will actually give you a reason why things don't fire.

Mike
wqc12345

Post by wqc12345 »

Thanks Mike.. still won't fire for me? Are you sure it's the launcher facility and not the mobile unit? I added the weapon record, to the launcher and it still won't fire?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Just checked again. Fired manually from launch pad. Works fine.

Could you walk through your clicks to see if maybe I'm doing it wrong that way.

Thanks!

Mike
wqc12345

Post by wqc12345 »

That's the difference. I'm assigning it to a strike mission. Land target is specified in the mission for the save. But it won't fire when assigned go a mission.
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

I do not understand why you just don't add a SS-12a facility (Facility #246) and use the weapons dialog to delete two of the launchers. This works fine in the Nuclear Strike mission, particularly after setting Nuclear Release On for the NK side. The TEL unit has sensors (eyeball) and values in the OODA loop whereas the launcher facility is effectively inert and probably never intended to be anything more than a target. Submit that this explains why merely adding a missile as a round of ammunition doesn't work for this particular application unless fired manually.

-C
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Suggestion.
Go into the Strike Mission and check the ROE.
Grant use of Nuclear weapons.
Then go to bottom buttons and press 'Reset affect units..'.
After a little time, the missile should then take off.

If you manually target the AB, it shows under suitable weapons that the WCS is 'weapon hold' for the missile. (You can also look at WRA->General, and notice that is on HOLD. You can also press 'Reset Doctrine'.)
My guess is that you may have set up the mission under a different ROE. If you change the ROE, you should reset the affected units in case they have conflicting ROE at unit or group level.
Michael
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Bingo

Now back to work for me!

Mike

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”