like the game ?

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

fuselex

like the game ?

Post by fuselex »

:)

Attachments
thumbs.jpg
thumbs.jpg (32.13 KiB) Viewed 171 times
parusski

RE: like the game ?

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: fuselex

:)

The fonz shows just how I feel about the game.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
genesismwt

Post by genesismwt »

I may sound more like this guy in my comments...

but the Fonz really says it all!
Attachments
winkler_di..ay_image.jpg
winkler_di..ay_image.jpg (19.42 KiB) Viewed 171 times
The game is afoot!

Mike
barkhorn45

Post by barkhorn45 »

No multi level hex's,cannot use enemy support weapon's,vehicle's cannot carry passenger's(ht's can't carry inf.?),no towed weapon's.
No trenches,wall's or hedges.
A regretful purchase by me.Sorry if you disagree but I paid for the right to criticize.
GJK

Post by GJK »

ORIGINAL: barkhorn45

No multi level hex's,cannot use enemy support weapon's,vehicle's cannot carry passenger's(ht's can't carry inf.?),no towed weapon's.
A regretful purchase by me.Sorry if you disagree but I paid for the right to criticize.

If you bought this thinking that it would be a very near perfect replica of 'everything ASL', then yeah, you'll be disappointed. However, I think that it's very promising with what Peter has been able to create here, borrowing as much from ASL as he felt that he legally could (maybe). As Peter has said time and again, "it is not ASL" (I equate it to about a "lite" version of the ASL Starter Kits myself). I also feel that Peter has a lot more to offer the community and will be adding more features in future expansions/add-on's should the demand be there for it. Personally, I very much hope that it will be.

Edit: And I should add, it's a damn fine game as it is now. If you want the feel of ASL with the turn structure and some of the other features of ASL, it's a great game to have- easy to play, quick, not too intense (EXC: large scenarios) on the system requirements. It's a great way to get in a quick little game when the mood hits.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

He will be adding features for sure [:)]
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
rico21

Post by rico21 »

In FONZ', I trust. [8D]

fuselex

Post by fuselex »

Fear not Fonz , I`m on my way

Attachments
PHO10Sep23254088.jpg
PHO10Sep23254088.jpg (126.66 KiB) Viewed 169 times
fuselex

Post by fuselex »

Another thumbs up GJK :)

Attachments
thumbs.jpg
thumbs.jpg (32.13 KiB) Viewed 169 times
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: barkhorn45

I hear you barkhorn45. When I started beta testing I immediately started wanting all the missing features you mentioned(and more). But I stuck with it. Today TotH takes up 50-60% of my gaming time. And as Paullus said: "He will be adding features for sure."

Oh, you have not disgraced anyone, or yourself, you paid for the right to complain.[8D]
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
rico21

Post by rico21 »

For a life without bugs

wodin

Post by wodin »

barkhorn, I've stayed away for all those reasons. I will check back at some point in the future after a few DLC's have been released.
genesismwt

Post by genesismwt »

I'll take it, warts and all.

It's too bad that ASL is not popular enough for a gaming company to get behind it and put a whole team of programmers and developers to the subject to be able to give us multi-story buildings, walls, sewer movement, transport,fire lanes, the PTO, and the like.

Instead, we get one man, who in his spare time over the last 10 odd years gives the closest approximation to ASL yet. Since TotH has come out, I have not played Combat Mission or Close Combat, or even thought about them. Even though there's no sniper in TotH, I still have to hold my breath for every PAATC, and lick my chops every time a unit moves in front of my B**(9-2) leader directing a heavy mg.

The game is afoot!

Mike
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: wodin

barkhorn, I've stayed away for all those reasons. I will check back at some point in the future after a few DLC's have been released.

wodin, there are more reasons to get the game. Give it a try.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

The next speaker of floors...

UP844

Post by UP844 »

ORIGINAL: genesismwt
Instead, we get one man, who in his spare time over the last 10 odd years gives the closest approximation to ASL yet.

And who deserves the unconditional gratitude of ASL addicts worldwide [&o] [&o] [&o]. There are still some rough spots to refine, but "In Peter I Trust".
ORIGINAL: genesismwt
Even though there's no sniper in TotH, I still have to hold my breath for every PAATC, and lick my chops every time a unit moves in front of my B**(9-2) leader directing a heavy mg.

Or the thrill when you watch a Panther changing its TCA towards your M-18 after you missed it in the Fire Phase (yes, it should have moved away in the Movement Segment).
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
rico21

Post by rico21 »

[:D]The next speaker of floors...

UP844

Post by UP844 »

A couple quick questions: what's the TEM of a mattress? Does it entitle the units behind it to claim Wall Advantage? [:D]
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
rico21

Post by rico21 »

[:@] The next speaker of floors...

jonj01

Post by jonj01 »

If you want multi-level buildings, put a building on a level 2 hex

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”