[ANSWERED] Disappearing surface sensor rings

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

bdwilliams724

[ANSWERED] Disappearing surface sensor rings

Post by bdwilliams724 »

I'm building a scenario where I'm placing CDCMs and surface search radars in water areas to simulate artificial islands. For some reason the yellow range rings for some of the units disappear. I not sure what triggers it, but possibly when I save the scenario. I do everything I can to turn the radars on, but the range rings won't reappear. I cycle EMCON and other setting with no luck. I thought it was something to do with specific facility, but that doesn't seem to be it. I'll make copies of 3 units and then 2 of units won't display rings.

The radars without the yellow circles do seem to be functioning as they do detect contacts so it seems to be a display issue and not that the radars aren't on. Is this a possible bug, or maybe related to copying and moving land units into water?

Thanks for any help.
Rory Noonan

RE: Disappearing surface sensor rings

Post by Rory Noonan »

Can you post a save game showing this?
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: bdwilliams724

I'm building a scenario where I'm placing CDCMs and surface search radars in water areas to simulate artificial islands. For some reason the yellow range rings for some of the units disappear. I not sure what triggers it, but possibly when I save the scenario. I do everything I can to turn the radars on, but the range rings won't reappear. I cycle EMCON and other setting with no luck. I thought it was something to do with specific facility, but that doesn't seem to be it. I'll make copies of 3 units and then 2 of units won't display rings.
Check your radar units on the 'artificial islands. Are they under water? Altitude negative?
Michael
bdwilliams724

Post by bdwilliams724 »

Yes, I think it was the altitude. To make a SAM or radar site in the water I've instead started with a generic ocean platform that acts like a ship. I can then add sensors, weapons, and magazines turn it into what I'd like. This also allows me to shift copy (clone) the unit and add it directly to another water location without having to put it on land and move it back to water.

Thanks for the help.

Return to “Tech Support”