Question about 1.11 pier operations

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

JPFisher55

Question about 1.11 pier operations

Post by JPFisher55 »

I just read about the new pier operations of 1.11 on Warfare Sims. All I can say is that I can't wait for 1.11.
It will make Command an unbelievable wargame.

I do have two questions about the planned pier operations. Will the pier need to have an ammo facility loaded with the exact type
of ammo that the ship requires to rearm the ship, like ammo facilities do with a/c at airbases? Will fuel facilities matter to refueling ships at piers or a/c at bases?
Dysta

RE: Question about 1.11 pier operations

Post by Dysta »

I am sure Kushan will answer you after his streaming.

Or, here's the announced detail for PO: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4215
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: JPFisher55

I just read about the new pier operations of 1.11 on Warfare Sims. All I can say is that I can't wait for 1.11.
It will make Command an unbelievable wargame.

I do have two questions about the planned pier operations. Will the pier need to have an ammo facility loaded with the exact type
of ammo that the ship requires to rearm the ship, like ammo facilities do with a/c at airbases? Will fuel facilities matter to refueling ships at piers or a/c at bases?

You'll need something that holds ammo whether its an ammo dump or you've added a magazine to the pier. You need to load the right ammo or turn on unlimited ammo (works like airfields).

Fuel facilities don't matter at the moment but you should add them.

Mike
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

Thanks Mike,

I use unlimited ammo because for a/c at bases so many different types of a/c and ammo load-outs exist that it would be impossible add all of them to an ammo facility. Since the same is true of ships, I am glad that the unlimited ammo will work for them. Sometimes I do add ammo for AAA and SAM units to their magazines or an ammo facility in their group. I really like being able to add a magazine to an anti-aircraft unit since it is easier to add ammo to a magazine than add an anti-aircraft unit to a group and then add ammo to an ammo facility in the group.

It's okay that fuel facilities are for show, I like to bomb them.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: JPFisher55

Thanks Mike,

I use unlimited ammo because for a/c at bases so many different types of a/c and ammo load-outs exist that it would be impossible add all of them to an ammo facility. Since the same is true of ships, I am glad that the unlimited ammo will work for them. Sometimes I do add ammo for AAA and SAM units to their magazines or an ammo facility in their group. I really like being able to add a magazine to an anti-aircraft unit since it is easier to add ammo to a magazine than add an anti-aircraft unit to a group and then add ammo to an ammo facility in the group.

It's okay that fuel facilities are for show, I like to bomb them.

You can also group ammo holding facilities with SAM and AAA sites and the ammo will transfer. Been that way for awhile.

Glad you like the game.

Mike
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

This takes a game where the typical scenario length is a battle to a point where we're getting closer to being able to fight the entire war.
ColonelMolerat

Post by ColonelMolerat »

ORIGINAL: Primarchx

This takes a game where the typical scenario length is a battle to a point where we're getting closer to being able to fight the entire war.

One simple thing I'm hoping this will allow is 'automatic' civilian traffic.

I hope to be able to put civilian boats on patrol, and have them move about, return to port to refuel, then move back to the ocean again. (For simulating small boats, obviously large commercial vessels would be going more direct routes from A-B).

When I first tried this, my small fishing vessels all ran out of fuel and got stranded out at sea, and I wasn't good enough at mission editing to cobble together a scripted/triggered system.
skorpio667

Post by skorpio667 »

This game is getting better by the day! It has progressed so much and so much was added functionallity- and realism-wise since v1.00 (for free!) and there is even more on the horizon.
Since it's launch in October 2013, I've seen many comments on the pricing of the game, but IMHO this game is worth every penny! I haven't played any other game since I got it in 2013. I really, really love it.

Dev's, thank you so much! [&o]

Skorpio
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: ColonelMolerat

ORIGINAL: Primarchx

One simple thing I'm hoping this will allow is 'automatic' civilian traffic.

I hope to be able to put civilian boats on patrol, and have them move about, return to port to refuel, then move back to the ocean again. (For simulating small boats, obviously large commercial vessels would be going more direct routes from A-B).

When I first tried this, my small fishing vessels all ran out of fuel and got stranded out at sea, and I wasn't good enough at mission editing to cobble together a scripted/triggered system.

This will work fine.

Mike
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

Wow, Mike, do you mean that we will be able to put ships on patrol missions and they will return to a port for refueling and rearming like a/c so with bases?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Yes.

Mike
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

Wow, can't wait for 1.11, great job developers of Command.
ColonelMolerat

Post by ColonelMolerat »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Yes.

Mike

Yes!!

Many thanks, devs!
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

And with land unit garrison and maneufacturing systems, this may simulate an entire war like a proper RTS game.
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

I've tried to assign some civilian ships to ferry mission for pier-to-pier transport, but they cannot. The ferry mission can only assign to aircrafts.

Will the update including the ship ferry mission setup?

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”