Let's Play

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

BlueMak

Let's Play

Post by BlueMak »

Is it ok to start and upload a Let's Play of a campaign? Copyright and all that. The in game music too? (if yes).
operating

RE: Let's Play

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: BlueMak

Is it ok to start and upload a Let's Play of a campaign? Copyright and all that. The in game music too? (if yes).
Are you going SP or MP? The music and sound is the same in both modes....
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
BlueMak

Post by BlueMak »

Single player.
You are saying the music then is fine if it can be heard in the video?
operating

Post by operating »

I think I know what you are talking about now! There is the stock music that comes with the game, but I think you are trying to load other music into the game for during play, Is that correct? Frankly, I have not heard of anyone who has done that in this game, not saying it is not possible, an interesting prospect none the less...[:)]

EDIT> Come to think of it: I can't remember if there is any music in the game!?!?
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

There is no problem doing lets play videos in principal.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
BlueMak

Post by BlueMak »

ORIGINAL: operating

I think I know what you are talking about now! There is the stock music that comes with the game, but I think you are trying to load other music into the game for during play, Is that correct? Frankly, I have not heard of anyone who has done that in this game, not saying it is not possible, an interesting prospect none the less...[:)]

EDIT> Come to think of it: I can't remember if there is any music in the game!?!?

No no no, I am talking about the in game music. Unfortunately there are some who when you upload video of a game on youtube, with the music the game comes with (stock music if you prefer), the music copyright holder for some reason has issues with it. This is why more and more video games videos on youtube are done without the in game music.
BlueMak

Post by BlueMak »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

There is no problem doing lets play videos in principal.

Cool! Thank you very much. I like to include in game music when possible. I plan on starting one in the next few days.
I have a few other games going on right now (Let's Play) and one that looks similar (Panzer General II, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... bJu5LB_c_7 ) but obviously isn't. I would love to make one for this game, I love my strategy/wargame games. :)
Thanks again.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”