Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone expansion!

Command: Northern Inferno is a DLC for Command: Modern Operations. Set in 1975, the Cold War is omnipresent and beneath the veneer of détente the tension between the two superpowers irreversibly escalate towards the ultimate confrontation.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Daniele

Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone expansion!

Post by Daniele »

‘Better' is the enemy of 'Good Enough’ - Sergey Gorshkov, Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union

The countdown has started! Warfare Sims, award-winning developers of Command Air/Naval Operations - the extraordinary real time wargame that changed the face of modern warfare simulations - today announce a new, stand-alone game that uses the latest version of CMANO: Command Northern Inferno!

Through 15 scenarios accurately written by Paul A. Bridge, active Royal Navy officer and Falkland’s veteran, you are cast into a fictional conflict between the Soviet Union and the West, shortly escalating to a full conventional war.
With a very detailed unit and weapon database at their direct control, you will get the chance to lead the most lethal and advanced armed forces at sea, on land and in the air!

This is great opportunity, both for newcomers and for hardened veterans of CMANO: Northern Inferno can be played as a separate game (with the possibility to upgrade it to the base game with all the available database and scenarios at any point in time). Alternatively, it can be integrated as a new set of scenarios for owners of the original Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Game of Year Edition!

Get ready for the Apocalypse! Stay tuned for further updates!

Get more information about Command: Northern Inferno and Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations from their official Product pages!
cns180784

RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone expansion!

Post by cns180784 »

So is this just 15 scenarios played in sequence as a campaign?
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

NI targets two broad user groups: Interested potential customers who haven't yet pulled the trigger, and our existing user base.

Arguably the #1 "semi-negative" feedback we have received across the 'net ever since CMANO was launched has been a variation of: "This looks very interesting, but I'm not prepared to spend [full price] to give it a try. Give me a free or cheap demo / limited version and I'd gladly take a shot at it."

So now we are doing exactly that.

NI, in standalone form (no prior purchase of CMANO), is the CMANO game engine you know and love, with the Northern Inferno campaign (15 ass-kicking scenarios) and a number of tutorials. Its price will be a fraction of the full CMANO license, and some of the full-CMANO features will be disabled. Standalone customers who are satisfied with NI and want to get more out of CMANO can then upgrade to the full version to unlock all features.

So, we're doing our part. We'll see if the undecided folks, claiming that the steep price is all that's holding them back, will do theirs.

For our existing users, NI offers for the first time a coherent-storyline campaign accompanied by custom multimedia content. Paul has done an amazing job with the campaign story and his scenarios show why he's still one of the top-tier scen authors. We got a great kick out of them during testing and we're confident you will too.

The market's reception of this model will obviously inform our future plans for the commercial version of CMANO.
Casinn

Post by Casinn »

I think it's brilliant idea and looking forward to it. I play a lot of scenarios without much delving into the editor and experimentation you more professional military types do, so this sort of campaign is just my kind of instant purchase.
Bring it on!
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Daniele
Alternatively, it can be integrated as a new set of scenarios for owners of the original Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Game of Year Edition!

From reading other posts, I understand that this applies to owners of the standard edition as well, but it would be nice if the devs confirmed, because the wording above is less than clear on this point.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

confirmed.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

I have another question: the product page says that the scenarios are "linked" but it isn't clear whether they are linked in that losses, ammo expenditure, etc. are tracked from one scenario to another? IIRC there as some discussion of adding such a feature in the past.

I haven't seen anything about pricing yet, but I'd probably pick this up if the scenarios are linked as described above, otherwise not so sure.

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

I have another question: the product page says that the scenarios are "linked" but it isn't clear whether they are linked in that losses, ammo expenditure, etc. are tracked from one scenario to another? IIRC there as some discussion of adding such a feature in the past.

I haven't seen anything about pricing yet, but I'd probably pick this up if the scenarios are linked as described above, otherwise not so sure.

This is being worked on but was not added for NI in this release. The scenarios are linked through their common storyline.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Ammo and expenditures no but storyline yes.

We can't give an exact price due to our agreement however I don't think anybody is going to have an issue with it.

Thanks!

Mike
jun5896

Post by jun5896 »

Question.

1. When is it release date?

2. If it released, CMANO users can discount for purchasing an expansion pack? or full-pay?

3. How much costs?

4. It starts in 1975, So What time is finished years? 1990 or 2010? Also Its database support hypo weapons in during cold war and next-gen cancelled weapons?, It likes soviet 90's weapon developed plans or 1970's soviet carrier plans?? It is focus on East vs West power, Also add some of hypo weapons that is better for new expension pack [:)]
VilleYrjola

Post by VilleYrjola »

ORIGINAL: Daniele
Alternatively, it can be integrated as a new set of scenarios for owners of the original Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Game of Year Edition!

From reading other posts, I understand that this applies to owners of the standard edition as well, but it would be nice if the devs confirmed, because the wording above is less than clear on this point.
I believe your game updates to the WOTY standard if you just installe the latest version of the game. IIRC (haven't played for a bit) even the starting menu (where you can open manual, start the game, run update tool etc.) says that the game is WOTY version. I don't understand the fuss that has been going on. But if you are unsure you can always add your game to the Steam and get WOTY version from there. I bought the game right after release and I have the WOTY version in my Steam library.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Sounds great to me. I've been craving a set of linked scenarios, story-driven. 1970s or near future Nato v Russia would both be great. Can I ask - will it include images of all platforms (if you buy it as a standalone) or will you still have to download the database files to get images in there?

Peter
Casinn

Post by Casinn »

They've said a number of times that images will be a community run thing (think it was for copyright reasons?) so I don't think that will change in this.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Ok. Thanks. Not copyright, I assume, as knowingly hosting a pack of copyrighted images on your official web site would put you in breach of copyright as much as those who uploaded them.
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

Maybe it's a good idea to create a Northern Inferno only pack for the folks who buy just that to start with. I'll post in the appropriate thread
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: phoenix

Sounds great to me. I've been craving a set of linked scenarios, story-driven. 1970s or near future Nato v Russia would both be great. Can I ask - will it include images of all platforms (if you buy it as a standalone) or will you still have to download the database files to get images in there?

Peter

Actually in this case it will have images.

Mike
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: Tomcat84

Maybe it's a good idea to create a Northern Inferno only pack for the folks who buy just that to start with. I'll post in the appropriate thread

Don't need to.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Cool. Thanks.
Swiso

Post by Swiso »

Should I buy the boxed (or download )version, I will receive a key to activate it even on Steam ?
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

so do we have a release date ?>
"Tanks forward"

Return to “Command: Northern Inferno”