Let's Play Both Sides at Once :)

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

christian brown

Let's Play Both Sides at Once :)

Post by christian brown »

Howdy! Anybody Home?

Here is a saga that may make you smile :) Haven't played since 2007 mwah, started as a Beta-Tester in summer 2006 because I liked the original GGWaW and noticed the call for volunteers for AWD on the forum; so I had the game from the very first version, was in the 1st tournament (LOST!) made a bunch of fun AARs, eventually life got in the way and my ex-wife took the "family" PC - ha! I got a laptop to use from work and a replacement boxed game set in 2007 from Joel in person (thanks buddy!), lost the CD along with the laptop and the job :( Still had the rule book that shows my name in the credits - I wrote the "Strategy Notes" and showed all my friends IRL. Still without a real PC of my own, I begged Matrix admin for another DL, which I opened onto a MAC thinking I could move it over to a PC afterward.....yeah, that didn't work out, DOH! Missed playing this game so much, went out and finally bought a desktop PC just so I could play AWD, got all the components together and at last, purchased the the boxed game online! I was both too ashamed to ask for another free copy from the good folks at Matrix and also feel the small price I had to pay was tiny in proportion to the immense amount of fun I have had with AWD over time. The "Wilderness" years of not having a PC and (obviously) not playing AWD were hard in many ways and yes, AWD withdrawals were the cause of many sleepless and shaky nights....but I digress! I seek an opponent (or 2?)

Anyway, here is what I'd like to do, Play both Axis AND Allies (2 separate games of course!) against the same person at the same time, try to keep to at least 1 or 2 turns (more is fine by me at the moment) going per week in each separate game. So, I'd be Allies in one game and Axis in the other. I find playing both sides at the same time and against the same person is the best way to achieve perfect game-play balance and to learn the most possible about how to do well in the game, various strategies you may not have seen tried before as well as giving insight into the style and motivations of your opponent :)

I'm a little bit of a purest in a sense, I insist on Fog of War and advanced Supply and all human players (and of course, PBEM only and forever!) hope that's ok :) I am about to DL the latest version (1.041?)but I am pretty sure it will still offer Uncommon Valor and Brian's oil mod. I am open to playing either of those mods as long as both games are the same mod. Probably best just to stick with the full basic scenario though, just begin normal in 1939 with Auto-Victory on.

If this sounds good to you, shoot me your Axis turn (be sure to start the game on the newest version please as I am about to DL it) to californiabelge@gmail.com
and I will reply to you with my Allied turn and an Axis opening move - again, with FoW and advanced supply, with all nations movement and production by human players.

I very much look forward to a game sometime! By the way, if you can only manage a turn a week per side, I'm fine with that, believe me, I get how busy life can be :)
"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson
christian brown

RE: Let's Play Both Sides at Once :)

Post by christian brown »

update: just downloaded:
GG's World at World: A World Divided 1.040 Update
Posté: 9 MAR 2011.

FILE WILL NOT OPEN! I'M RUNNING WINDOWS 8.1, I'VE TRIED OPENING THE ZIP FILE WITH 9-ZIP AND WINDOWS EXPLORER AND IT FAILS....ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!
"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson
nemesszili

RE: Let's Play Both Sides at Once :)

Post by nemesszili »

I'll send you the Axis turn on Saturday.

Have you tried opening the zip file with Total Commander?

Return to “Opponents Wanted”