New Central European scenario for testing (May 2015) - with current military order in the region

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

twojastara

New Central European scenario for testing (May 2015) - with current military order in the region

Post by twojastara »

I am presenting you my first scenario. I've already put more than 50 hours into it (including research this could be even 60-70) and had lots of fun so far.

I live in Northern Poland (Gdansk) and I always was curious on this kind of 'what if' scenario. I've researched military presence in the area as best as I could find in the public sources as for 8th May 2015.

All the air bases, units positions, equipment, squadron names - are as real as I could get. SAM and RADAR positions are estimated.

Besides the Polish Air Force and the Navy there is a USAF regiment present, USS Jason Dunham visiting Gdynia port, French AWACS, and a group of patrolling boats of Lithuanian Navy. Baltic Air Policing mission (16 NATO fighter planes) is on the way and there are air-to-ground excercises in Northern Estonia - Steadfast Javelin 2015.

I assumed, that USA would come into the war very soon, since USS Jason Dunham would be part of fleet being attacked. The other NATO countries would need some time to declare war. So, at the beginning it will be Poland & US vs Russia.

To spice it up, I've included dense civilian marine and air traffic, so you can't expect that every boogie or skunk is a hostile.

The idea is that there is an unknown underwater contact near Polish coast (this was happening for real few times before but near Swedish and Finnish waters), suspected Kilo-class Russian submarine and this time it almost crashed with a passenger ferry.

You need to find it and intercept it. Force it to surface or destroy it. If the whole hell breaks loose, you need to protect your navy and execute counter strike against the Baltic Fleet.

Currently, scenario ends after 6 hours. There will be additional triggers to end it when either your or Russian fleet is destroyed.

I'm looking forward for all your opinions to make it better.
Thanks!

EDIT:
Changes in v1.1:

- Added 2 MH-60R to USS Jason Dunham
- Changed name of Naval Group and its formation to echelon
- Rearmed 8 USAF 480th F16s with SEAD loadout
Attachments
Little Gre..015 v1.1.zip
(554.57 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
magi

RE: New Central European scenario for testing (May 2015) - with current military order in the region

Post by magi »

sounds good.... im going to try this... i appreciate your effort....
magi

RE: New Central European scenario for testing (May 2015) - with current military order in the region

Post by magi »

ok.... im just starting...... checking all the blue assets out.... the DDG 109 Jason Dunham is a flightII Burke with a hanger and would probably have a one or two SH60R Romeo or SH60B's... though all the B models are in the process of upgraded or swaped out for Romeo's.....
the formation of the surface action group.. which i named SAG Polski Alpha... hope thats not offensive... is not the best... i split off the PCFG's and formed them into 3 element accompanying squadron... and arranged the SAG prety much in echlon with 5NM's of separation... that way they can do ASW patrol more efficiently while able to sport each other when attacked from the air.....
still just looking..... im real slow....
magi

Post by magi »

there is hardly any ammunition at most of the bases.. Lask AB hardly has any.....and no SEAD and no OECM aircraft....
twojastara

Post by twojastara »

Thx magi,
You're right, I missed out USS Jason Dunham aircraft.
I added 2 MH-60R helos. Since there is already lots of ASW helos, I armed them with Hellfire rockets, which could increase its strike capabilities. Do you think it makes sense?

I changed name to '3rd Ship Flotilla', which could be more accurate (I can't post links yet, but you can check wiki article on Polish 3rd_Ship_Flotilla) and changed formation to echelon.

I can't find info if Polish Air Force uses any OECM aircraft, or does it have specific anti radiation missiles at the moment. With F16s they didn't bought any HARMs, so I did change loadouts for some of USAF 480th to SEAD.

I was playing this on 'unlimited weapons' turned on I added a note to the scenario.
magi

Post by magi »

ok.... thats great.... thank you... ive not been well today so havent played... tomorrow will spend some time on it....

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”