Im the only one disappointed?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

HMSWarspite

RE: Im the only one disappointed?

Post by HMSWarspite »

ORIGINAL: tevans6220
ORIGINAL: Baelfiin
Welp I wish I had some comfort for you. It seems like you are saying Hey I took Sicily despite losing most of my army! I win!! But it doesn't look like you are putting that victory in the context of the rest of the war where all of those guys that got thrown away for the "victory" in sicily were needed to fight in france and Germany etc.
The thing is I didn't lose most of my army. They were pretty beat up but no units actually were destroyed. I just had higher casualties than the Allies had historically. Apparently it was enough to give the Axis a points victory even though they lost the whole island. I see what you're saying about context and I did put my victory into context with the rest of the war. Even in a complete war scenario, I can replace my losses and the Axis can't. The Allies can afford a war of attrition. The only thing they would have to worry about are the political repercussions of sustaining high casualty rates. As I said, any American commander throwing away American lives would have been replaced.

'Just had higher casualties...'
So, capturing and holding ground is the only thing that is important? Have you even read accounts of WW2? You do know that by Aug/Sept 1944, the British army was disbanding units to provide replacements? That Hitler would have done a whole lot better if he had allowed a more flexible defence (trading land for troops)? Based on your remarks, I do not see how you can relate to any wargame that isn't an even, fair fight. I was going to cite a couple of RL even fights (at army level), but I am struggling. North Africa 1941 (post-Rommel's arrival) to Late 1942 might be viewed as fair/even. But in reality it was anything but. It might have looked as if it swung evenly to and fro, but it was Allied all the way. Rommel did well when other factors weakened the British (diversion to Greece etc, with only Tobruk as a real exception). Once he did well, the Allies just increased strength again. Logistically Germany never had a chance in the Eastern Med, unless they had taken Malta, and even then they would have just extended the war. Ultimately the Torch landings would have sorted whatever was happening in Egypt (or Syria or where ever they had got to by then)

Thus I think you are over simplifying things. WW2 was an economic war. The armies (and Airforces) were just the point of application. Once Hitler invaded USSR (a vaste sink into which the entire resources of the USA could probably have been sunk without decisive result), he was never going to win (even just against UK - that was quite nicely stalemating by 1942, thanks to Uncle Joe). The only variable was would it take more or less time, more or less casualties than history.

By some measures, Russia won the second world war - yes they suffered hugely, but look where they ended up by 1947-8. In control of all of eastern Europe and large areas of the rest of the world (influence in Vietnam, Korea, China etc). They had reached the height of their power and influence, and were much better positioned than at any time in their history. USA second, UK third, Axis last. Now, it is rather lucky for us all that the USA (and allies) then comprehensively won the cold war but thats a different topic...

WitW gives the chance to alter that (as Allies), or delay/alter it as Axis. The war could easily have gone on a couple of years longer. It could possibly have been shorter. The Allies really got Italy wrong, and defeating Kesselring rather than dancing to his tune is probably the best way. All of this makes for a good game in my book.

However if its not your boat, bad luck. However I do not think WitW is anything other than we were promised, and does not suffer (IMHO) from not covering 1940-1943)
I have a cunning plan, My Lord
henri51

Post by henri51 »

ORIGINAL: tevans6220
ORIGINAL: Baelfiin
Welp I wish I had some comfort for you. It seems like you are saying Hey I took Sicily despite losing most of my army! I win!! But it doesn't look like you are putting that victory in the context of the rest of the war where all of those guys that got thrown away for the "victory" in sicily were needed to fight in france and Germany etc.
The thing is I didn't lose most of my army. They were pretty beat up but no units actually were destroyed. I just had higher casualties than the Allies had historically. Apparently it was enough to give the Axis a points victory even though they lost the whole island. I see what you're saying about context and I did put my victory into context with the rest of the war. Even in a complete war scenario, I can replace my losses and the Axis can't. The Allies can afford a war of attrition. The only thing they would have to worry about are the political repercussions of sustaining high casualty rates. As I said, any American commander throwing away American lives would have been replaced.
OH? Some considered that Patton took too many casualties just to go faster than Monty, and he was not replaced until he slapped a shell-shocked soldier...
Banquet

Post by Banquet »

If someone does't want to be on the defensive from turn 1 in WitW then play the Allies...

I think some people are only interested in playing Germany attacking. Obviously for those people WitW isn't going to satisfy them. Future versions with conflicts from earlier in the war may be more appealing, but they are really just the other way round - with the Allies on the defensive the whole time. As Warspite says, most of the war was pretty one sided.

Having said that, it's early days. Maybe it is possible for Germany to win. Perhaps an expert German player could use the logistics system to surround and cut off major portions of an overly ambitious Allied invasion force, effectively winning the game, not on points, but in a more profound way!

Games like Command: Conquest in the Aegean give options to increase/decrease difficulty by affecting starting forces so perhaps an option for WitW scenarios would be to include certain 'what-ifs' such as Hitler's non insistence on 'no retreat' in Russia saving massive encirclements and freeing up more units to defend in the West.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
sitito

Post by sitito »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

i still haven't got actively involved in the game and the discussions as yet, as i still don't own the game either, it's a Christmas present from my girlfriend so will have to wait a while longer, but my take on this thread and topic are as follows...

the price is good and fair... for the amount of time and effort that's gone into it and still is, and will be for the next 4 to 5 years at least, with patches and fixes and upgrades etc...

you can't put a price on support, not at any cost!

while the game on release may not be perfect for every ones taste, it's not full of bugs etc either, for me it's still maybe a tad too hard for the beginner like me as i still haven't managed to finish one battle in WITE so i know this won't be a part time game either, so may just sit there on my drive for a few months or year maybe or so, which is no problem either for me or my games, as time can always be found later for good stuff, and by then a few more issues may have been ironed out, changed or updated etc... or a patch or 2 down the road, after some more tweaking, as these games always need the tweaks and lets be honest the developers always tinker a lot anyway so i'm just glad it's at least been released as they do tend to keep adding and altering bits etc as they are all gamers as well, and are never truly happy with anything released either and are alwasy thinking of doing more stuff, which is the main reason we all like there games[;)]

so lets keep up the fight, with the right people, in game and not on the forums and say merry Christmas to all involved and a big thank you and hope you all have a happy new year, as you all deserve it...

Which is the objective base to say that the price is fair? Someone pointed this to me before and he was right. Why not 800$ for a 3 years of hard work? Why? it’s very subjective. And u don’t even have the game. First try the product, then divide the cost for the hours of fun and enjoyment. That’s how i rate the worth of a product. Wite was cheap using this parameter. Very cheap. A bargain. Witw is too high. And I don’t really need to force me to play this hours and hours as I wrongly said before. No. With one week i know exactly my feelings playing this game. The sensation of boredom will remain. As a german and as the allies. Again we are in the subjective realm. For me it’s a desing and timeframe issue. And i know its hard for the guys who had work with passion in this game to read these things. I know and im not smiling saying it. Im not coming here to say like a child “uuu don’t like don’t like uuu’ Nooooo. When they announce witw I thought that the whole scale was a mistake and was wrong for the kind of game they were planning. Maybe when War in Europe is ready, in global is a superb product..dont know, maybe. But at the end, in my opinion, I was correct for this concrete game. It’s a good western front 43-45 simulation game, with a lot of improvements such as logistics (a 10 out of 10) and air warfare, deep and plenty of new stuff and tweaks, and bugs aside, a really fine work… (have to say that the ia turns runs quite slowly in my pc) but lacks something crucial for me: enjoyment and fun, which wite had in tons. No matter the complexity of the games, all can be reduced to a matter of pleasure and enjoyment. And if im taking my FREE time to come here and tell the devs this its because I love their previous jobs and I don’t want they think that everyone is in love with the new baby and they are on the right path. No. For me no. The scale also don’t suits fine for France ’40 (a campaing of 6 turns?), Yugoslavia (2 turns?), Greece, Poland and of course for North Africa. No way. With the same Wite scale will become boring campaings. Its not a matter of being a german fanboy and when the blitzkrieg arrives everything is going to be fine. No. it’s a scale desing matter. Western and eastern fronts are completely different. But hey if everyone is happy with the game, have fun. Im back to other things also in the eternal search of wargaming fun. Lots of products in the market. its not a big drama. And If the devs are sure of their ideas and with the progress of war in Europe I wish them good luck. I hope they hit a home run. Sincerely. Im very thankful for the endless hours of satisfaction they have provide me in the last decade. Probably more than my wife has [:D].... Honey, if u are reading this, obviously i was kidding...[:-] [:D]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

all games can be boring if you can't get into them, it's how much you put in that counts, i never got into WITE, as the learning curve and my time was an issue, i didn't put the time in to learn it, so never really got to love it, but that's not the developers fault but my own, so don't blame them, yes they could have spent more time holding my hand, or making it easier, but as loads play it and didn't have that trouble i just guessed it was me who was useless at it, and tbh it was a fair comment, as i'm useless at most game but like to use the editors and mod stuff, playing anything when your not very good is always a poor challenge so i live with it...

WITW is different as i have spoken to the development team most of the way through it, and from day one they have made it to be easier for the new players and also have improved on the WITE platform, so fo me it was always going to be a purchase, if i play it now or not, thats' my choice and my girlfriends money as she is buying it for me as a present as that's what i have asked for, with the book as well so boxed...

if you don't like it, don't play it, it's a free world and we all are entitled to our own opinions, either way they are said and printed, but as game like this are very deep, you just need to give it more time, as that's what it's like with me and WITE, that game isn't faulty, it's me never putting in enough time to learn it or do it justice, i think i know what i'm doing when really i don't, even at my age, which btw is almost 50 now[;)]

so hope you give it a few more tries and give it the time it needs, then and only then if you still finding it boring don't play it... for me that would be like total war rome 2, looked great but ended up a great disappointment so has now been taken off, where as WITE is always on my pc, and i have upgraded and had a few since i first bought it, many years ago, but hardly ever play it, just load the odd patch and try for an hour or so every year or so...

anyway fingers crossed and hope you good luck
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Baelfiin

Post by Baelfiin »

Zak im sure 50 is the new 40 [:)]
"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.
sitito

Post by sitito »

Really hope u like it Zak[;)]
And yes, RTW2 was an epic failure.Feeling the same here...[:(]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

well 47 this year tbh but already retired so nearly 50, so middle aged, too much time and plenty of gaming still left to do

[;)][8|][:D]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
HMSWarspite

Post by HMSWarspite »

ORIGINAL: sitito
Which is the objective base to say that the price is fair? Someone pointed this to me before and he was right. Why not 800$ for a 3 years of hard work? Why? it’s very subjective. And u don’t even have the game. First try the product, then divide the cost for the hours of fun and enjoyment. That’s how i rate the worth of a product. Wite was cheap using this parameter. Very cheap. A bargain. Witw is too high. And I don’t really need to force me to play this hours and hours as I wrongly said before. No. With one week i know exactly my feelings playing this game. The sensation of boredom will remain. As a german and as the allies. Again we are in the subjective realm. For me it’s a desing and timeframe issue. And i know its hard for the guys who had work with passion in this game to read these things. I know and im not smiling saying it. Im not coming here to say like a child “uuu don’t like don’t like uuu’ Nooooo. When they announce witw I thought that the whole scale was a mistake and was wrong for the kind of game they were planning. Maybe when War in Europe is ready, in global is a superb product..dont know, maybe. But at the end, in my opinion, I was correct for this concrete game. It’s a good western front 43-45 simulation game, with a lot of improvements such as logistics (a 10 out of 10) and air warfare, deep and plenty of new stuff and tweaks, and bugs aside, a really fine work… (have to say that the ia turns runs quite slowly in my pc) but lacks something crucial for me: enjoyment and fun, which wite had in tons. No matter the complexity of the games, all can be reduced to a matter of pleasure and enjoyment. And if im taking my FREE time to come here and tell the devs this its because I love their previous jobs and I don’t want they think that everyone is in love with the new baby and they are on the right path. No. For me no. The scale also don’t suits fine for France ’40 (a campaing of 6 turns?), Yugoslavia (2 turns?), Greece, Poland and of course for North Africa. No way. With the same Wite scale will become boring campaings. Its not a matter of being a german fanboy and when the blitzkrieg arrives everything is going to be fine. No. it’s a scale desing matter. Western and eastern fronts are completely different. But hey if everyone is happy with the game, have fun. Im back to other things also in the eternal search of wargaming fun. Lots of products in the market. its not a big drama. And If the devs are sure of their ideas and with the progress of war in Europe I wish them good luck. I hope they hit a home run. Sincerely. Im very thankful for the endless hours of satisfaction they have provide me in the last decade. Probably more than my wife has [:D].... Honey, if u are reading this, obviously i was kidding...[:-] [:D]

Your problem is that you read (presumably) the description of the game, bought it, and then started a thread saying you were disappointed by the game, and cited having won the training scenario (except you didn't), then called the game boring.

Your reason for it being boring? Wrong scale for the Western Front. You then (having wanted the chance to attack as Germany) correctly pointed out that even France, the Balkans, and so on will be too short in this system so a 1940 expansion wont help.

Why am I thinking of someone who has bought a Porsche 911, and then complains about a lack of boot (trunk) space and high running costs; "I can get to the supermarket much more cheaply and carry the shopping much better in a Toyota"
I have a cunning plan, My Lord
Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

Just butting in to say I am thoroughly NOT disappointed. I bought WITE on release but was always intimidated by the game. The set-up of the WITW manual, tutorial videos, and player's guide are a huge step up from WITE (although WITE still has a great manual and is a great game!). Honestly, the manual/player's guide should be a benchmark for future wargames. Brilliantly done and very professional. Also thoroughly enjoying the game. Cheers to everyone who helped develop, produce, and test this game.
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
sitito

Post by sitito »

ORIGINAL: HMSWarspite

ORIGINAL: sitito

Your problem is that you read (presumably) the description of the game, bought it, and then started a thread saying you were disappointed by the game, and cited having won the training scenario (except you didn't), then called the game boring.

Your reason for it being boring? Wrong scale for the Western Front. You then (having wanted the chance to attack as Germany) correctly pointed out that even France, the Balkans, and so on will be too short in this system so a 1940 expansion wont help.

Why am I thinking of someone who has bought a Porsche 911, and then complains about a lack of boot (trunk) space and high running costs; "I can get to the supermarket much more cheaply and carry the shopping much better in a Toyota"

Aha...yes yes yes yes you're right Sherlock. What a great reading comprehension. Very very very smart. Well done!
jnpoint

Post by jnpoint »

ORIGINAL: Bamilus

Just butting in to say I am thoroughly NOT disappointed. I bought WITE on release but was always intimidated by the game. The set-up of the WITW manual, tutorial videos, and player's guide are a huge step up from WITE (although WITE still has a great manual and is a great game!). Honestly, the manual/player's guide should be a benchmark for future wargames. Brilliantly done and very professional. Also thoroughly enjoying the game. Cheers to everyone who helped develop, produce, and test this game.

+1 especially the tutorial videos and the player's guide have help me too. Never got into WitE, but here I feel I understand the basics better, thanks to those guides.
RobearGWJ

Post by RobearGWJ »

I have to agree. The game is much more accessible than WitE was, and that helps greatly, since the key to understanding what's going on is the information presented. I'm loving it.
tevans6220

Post by tevans6220 »

ORIGINAL: HMSWarspite
'Just had higher casualties...'
So, capturing and holding ground is the only thing that is important? Have you even read accounts of WW2? You do know that by Aug/Sept 1944, the British army was disbanding units to provide replacements? That Hitler would have done a whole lot better if he had allowed a more flexible defence (trading land for troops)? Based on your remarks, I do not see how you can relate to any wargame that isn't an even, fair fight. I was going to cite a couple of RL even fights (at army level), but I am struggling. North Africa 1941 (post-Rommel's arrival) to Late 1942 might be viewed as fair/even. But in reality it was anything but. It might have looked as if it swung evenly to and fro, but it was Allied all the way. Rommel did well when other factors weakened the British (diversion to Greece etc, with only Tobruk as a real exception). Once he did well, the Allies just increased strength again. Logistically Germany never had a chance in the Eastern Med, unless they had taken Malta, and even then they would have just extended the war. Ultimately the Torch landings would have sorted whatever was happening in Egypt (or Syria or where ever they had got to by then)

Thus I think you are over simplifying things. WW2 was an economic war. The armies (and Airforces) were just the point of application. Once Hitler invaded USSR (a vaste sink into which the entire resources of the USA could probably have been sunk without decisive result), he was never going to win (even just against UK - that was quite nicely stalemating by 1942, thanks to Uncle Joe). The only variable was would it take more or less time, more or less casualties than history.

By some measures, Russia won the second world war - yes they suffered hugely, but look where they ended up by 1947-8. In control of all of eastern Europe and large areas of the rest of the world (influence in Vietnam, Korea, China etc). They had reached the height of their power and influence, and were much better positioned than at any time in their history. USA second, UK third, Axis last. Now, it is rather lucky for us all that the USA (and allies) then comprehensively won the cold war but thats a different topic...

WitW gives the chance to alter that (as Allies), or delay/alter it as Axis. The war could easily have gone on a couple of years longer. It could possibly have been shorter. The Allies really got Italy wrong, and defeating Kesselring rather than dancing to his tune is probably the best way. All of this makes for a good game in my book.

However if its not your boat, bad luck. However I do not think WitW is anything other than we were promised, and does not suffer (IMHO) from not covering 1940-1943)
Don't get me wrong. I like the game. I just don't like the time period represented by the scenarios. Europe in 43 to 45 was all about the Axis responding to Allied attacks. Some people might find that fun and interesting but I don't. I would rather play scenarios where both sides have a legitimate chance to win or both sides have a chance to attack and defend. WiTE and WiTP does that for me when playing the full campaign and even some of the shorter scenarios. As the Axis in those games I can throw weight around for awhile before the Allies get their act together. With WiTW the only viable Axis strategy is to hold ground as long as possible and make it very costly for the Allies. You really can't trade space for time. There's no room to manuver. There's a limited amount of strategic options during this time period. The same can be said of the 1944 scenarios found in WiTE and WiTP. I guess I could try playing the Allies but I'm not sure how interesting that would be either. I could either be the one getting the crap kicked out of me all game long or the one doing the kicking. Neither choice seems that interesting.
It's not the theater. It's the time period. I find the France 1940 and Norway campaigns very interesting. North Africa is interesting too. Many options for both sides. 43 to 45 seems a little too one sided. The Axis can shift units around and even counterattack but it's only a temporary thing.

I disagree with your conclusions that North Africa was always going to go the Allied way. Given the right set of circumstances North Africa could have went differently and Torch may have never happened. Norway, France and even Russia and the Pacific could have all been different. That's the whole point of wargaming. To investigate those different circumstances and alternate outcomes. For me a big problem with this time period and these scenarios is that there aren't a lot of possible alternate outcomes to investigate. Once the Allies gain a foothold somewhere in Europe it's pretty much over. What happens if the Axis player throws the invasions of France and Italy back into the sea? They just try again somewhere else. Would that really have happened historically? Like I said, I really like this game but the Axis player doesn't have a whole lot of strategic options. That's what I'm looking for when I play wargames. If I want history, I can read a book. I'm after what could have happened and what might have been.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Well you could play Germany for the Allies to capture Berlin [:)] That is different historically. Plus there are many other strategic options that are in the game that you can do differently as either side.

Can the Germans 'win' at this point, no. But you can do better than the historical record.

But no matter what game you play, the Allies always have the 'I win' button in the A-Bomb. Only in HoI can you start early enough to really have an impact on things. Otherwise as soon as the Germans crossed the Polish border in '39, they lost the war. Just no one knew it yet [:)]

So unless a game has some way to keep the US sidelined (and supplying goods to Japan) no matter what you do in a game, you will lose as the Axis.

So even in games that start in '39 all you are still doing is trying to do better than history. So I'm not sure why you are complaining about this one when it is doing the same thing. Other than not letting the Axis run even more amok than what they did historically.
tevans6220

Post by tevans6220 »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Well you could play Germany for the Allies to capture Berlin [:)] That is different historically. Plus there are many other strategic options that are in the game that you can do differently as either side.

Can the Germans 'win' at this point, no. But you can do better than the historical record.

But no matter what game you play, the Allies always have the 'I win' button in the A-Bomb. Only in HoI can you start early enough to really have an impact on things. Otherwise as soon as the Germans crossed the Polish border in '39, they lost the war. Just no one knew it yet [:)]

So unless a game has some way to keep the US sidelined (and supplying goods to Japan) no matter what you do in a game, you will lose as the Axis.

So even in games that start in '39 all you are still doing is trying to do better than history. So I'm not sure why you are complaining about this one when it is doing the same thing. Other than not letting the Axis run even more amok than what they did historically.
I don't see myself as complaining. I just don't like this time period (1943-45). I don't think there's many strategic options available to the Axis. The Allies have the initiative and all the Axis can do is respond. So you either play as the Axis and get kicked around or play as the Allies and do the kicking. Shifting units around in response to Allied moves isn't my idea of strategy. The Axis can't really launch a strategic bombing campaign. They can't launch any major invasions such as a Sea Lion. All they can do is react to Allied bombings and invasions. It's what they did historically.

When I play a war game, I don't play it to recreate history. I can read a book for the history. I want to explore the possibilities of what might have happened. What if Overlord had failed or the Allies got pushed out of Italy? What if the French had been better prepared in 1940 or Stalin had attacked first? With WiTE and WiTP you can explore some of those what ifs but I don't think it's possible with WiTW. I think this game, more or less, pigeonholes you into fighting the war the same way it was actually fought. Especially as the Axis. The Allies can change things up a bit but the Axis is always on the defensive. It's like an NFL football game where one team never gets to touch the ball or play on offense.
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

1939: Germans have the initiative and Allies can only respond.
1940: Germans have the initiative and Allies can only respond. Any signs of French initiative will be met with cries of "ahistorical" until beaten down with a nerf bat.
1941: Germans think they have the initative...but Allies are allowed to make stupid mistakes to give them that illusion.
1942: Nothing to see here, move along.
1943: War in the West.

Not sure exactly at what point in the war you have allies = axis. I think what we have here is a classic example of initiative envy.

It's war. You do what you can with what you have.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Skacee

Post by Skacee »

Hello all,
I have to say, that I played this game till 3 am morning as a Germans - the West Wall scenario, because it was so much fun and Allies got their Stalingrad (Arnhem) debacle.

After it I am not so negative about predetermination to lose as a German - at the end 44 they still could hurt significantly Allies.

The Allies launched quite succesfull Market Garden operation and reached Amsterdam on the way. But it cost them whole mobile group of 3-4 corps, because the got surounded and slowly destroyed by "weak nad boring to play" divisions via determined bold counterattack.

I dont have the impression that as a German I have to sit a go back to German at all.
At the end the kicking side was Germans. What I like was the maneuvring and tactical play which was not possible in real history due the leaders. Definitelly not boring, nor dissapointing with a lot of possibilites.

Skacee
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Skacee
Hello all,
I have to say, that I played this game till 3 am morning as a Germans - the West Wall scenario, because it was so much fun and Allies got their Stalingrad (Arnhem) debacle.

After it I am not so negative about predetermination to lose as a German - at the end 44 they still could hurt significantly Allies.

The Allies launched quite succesfull Market Garden operation and reached Amsterdam on the way. But it cost them whole mobile group of 3-4 corps, because the got surounded and slowly destroyed by "weak nad boring to play" divisions via determined bold counterattack.

I dont have the impression that as a German I have to sit a go back to German at all.
At the end the kicking side was Germans. What I like was the maneuvring and tactical play which was not possible in real history due the leaders. Definitelly not boring, nor dissapointing with a lot of possibilites.

Thanks Skacee, that's pretty much exactly how I feel after playing WITW a lot during the pre-release period and post-release. Hopefully folks who are not seeing this yet will eventually come around with some more experience with the game. There are a lot of strategic and operational choices for both sides.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”