Thinking of buying but..

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

MTTODD

Thinking of buying but..

Post by MTTODD »

Hi,

I have enjoyed playing DC1 and I am thinking of purchasing WITE.

But I am a bit concerned that WITE will be to complexed for me!

Is it much of a step up from a game like DC1 to WITE ?

Thanks for any help.
Erik Rutins

RE: Thinking of buying but..

Post by Erik Rutins »

If you've been fine with DC1, I don't think you'll have any issues with WITE or WITW. WITE and DC1/2 are of similar complexity as far as learning how to play and playing reasonably well. To fully master the game, there is more complexity than in DC1 but that's not required up front.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
heliodorus04

Post by heliodorus04 »

I don't know what DC is.
No matter how many categories of complex I might divide games into, War in the East will always be in the 'most complex' category.
I've been playing since release and still learn to improve every game.
The interface is pretty divine, actually. The customization of difficulty options enables you to play the game at the level of complexity you want (which is important early on, and as you improve, you'll start giving the AI all the bonuses.
Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
buchand

Post by buchand »

I had WITE first and then DC. The interface probably means that WITE is the easier of the games to pick up and play BUT to master it - not sure as I haven't got close.
As noted above the ability to customise the AI strength means that meaningful games can be had from the start.
Plan? What plan? Attack!!
MTTODD

Post by MTTODD »

Thanks for all the replies.

I will give it ago.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”