The Bloody First to Arrive in 2018

3D version of Close Combat
Ozymandias2

RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014

Post by Ozymandias2 »

Does the Lobby actually work for you and, if so, what's your trick?

My experience of using it has been a steady downgrade of its performance to a point where simply getting into the Lobby takes ca. 5 mins if at all; connecting to my opponent another 10 again if at all; crawling data transfer rates which often freeze before game data makes it either way; then oddities like one of being able to strat move while the other (asviewed via task monitor) has suddenly frozen; and the game often dying either at the ends of battles, strat moves, or just randomly.

I play a regular weekly game with a pal ca. 6 PM Sunday nights and never see anyone else in the lobby besides ourselves. We're both IT pros; have done everything conceivable to configure our machines; know the problem's neither with our machines nor Internet connectivity.

We've had to bail on 3 of our last 4 games without ever getting a single moment of playtime in.

If these forums accommodated polls, I would certainly launch one asking about other's experiences with this - to me, anyway - ghastly system.

Best,

Oz
TIK

Post by TIK »

It does work. Check out my videos. There's no trick.

Rather than highjack this topic, I'll reply to your topic in the Panthers Tech support section HERE
I have a Youtube Channel that features Close Combat and Panzer Corps Let's Plays and videos, as well as historical documentaries.
faraon

Post by faraon »

Thanks TIK
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

WoW! I must be the guy more suprised from the world with this, never I waited this. I will be happy if it is made but just if it has not a bad gameplay as the old gicombat or squad assault. I have not problems editing a 3D game, in fact for the past 8 years I have been editing at 100% 3D games, it is different but if you have the tools, you can make it.
Miro

Post by Miro »

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

It will not be out in the first quarter of 2014, but definitely this year!

Steve

Remaining 3 months. Mission impossible.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Would rather wait longer than getting something half done....

Wish they would patch the previous games before going on to the next game as there are many outstanding bugs.

Example TLD: tm.asp?m=3387394
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Just because we do not know too information about the game, it is not a game to half done.

However, at these days very few games have not a patch after the release.
DAK_Legion

Post by DAK_Legion »

Any new for the last quarter of year???

2014 or 2015?
heia safari!
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Very strange the lack of info... at this point at least beta test needs be start... i was in other betas and they start 2 or more months before release.

I think this is going to be with luck a 2015 release.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

As many other games, I do not think that it be released when it be finished at 100%. It will be released when it reachs the date of sell it to the seller and usually the creator and the seller agree the date. This is the reason because many games are released without be finished at 100%.

However, I do not think that this game will not be finished this year, just because we have not seen too information about it. In fact, I will not be surprised if we start to see new information when the film named fury be released.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

ORIGINAL: Nomada_Firefox

Just because we do not know too information about the game, it is not a game to half done.

However, at these days very few games have not a patch after the release.

You are correct most games now days seem to need patches after release and I will give Matrix some credit as they have released a number of patches for previous CC releases. But at the same time there are still serious TLD outstanding bugs; tm.asp?m=3387394&mpage=1&key=� and LSA outstanding bugs; tm.asp?m=3716292 that should be addressed....

So do you buy this new game hoping it gets patched? You can but buyer beware based on the previous games as Steve's response in the TLD bug thread is that nothing is planned and newer releases are the priority.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

I do not think that nobody work more in a game with a bad engine made more of 14 years ago. In fact the errors from LSA and TLD, probably they can not be fixed, specially because they do not go to give more profits to the creators. At the end, you can speak with Sulla, he was one of the creators, ah man, he does not know absolutely nothing about computers, code and more. What pity.[:'(]
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

i have to agree with tejszd......Would rather wait longer than getting something half done....
Wish they would patch the previous games before going on to the next game as there are many outstanding bugs.

some of us after being hard core CC players and buyers since CC2 are tired of the frustration of play testing the 1/2 finished games and when we try to get stuff fixed were not really for the most part listened to.

i still havent bought GWTC for this very reason [ and good reason, IE lobby / multi player issues etc etc ] and im not buying the bloody 1st either till its also patched and finished...what ever matrix decides a finished game is....see LSA and TLD. [:(]
TIK

Post by TIK »

ORIGINAL: STIENER

i have to agree with tejszd......Would rather wait longer than getting something half done....

some of us after being hard core CC players and buyers since CC2 are tired of the frustration of play testing the 1/2 finished games and when we try to get stuff fixed were not really for the most part listened to.

i still havent bought GWTC for this very reason [ and good reason, IE lobby / multi player issues etc etc ] and im not buying the bloody 1st either till its also patched and finished...what ever matrix decides a finished game is....see LSA and TLD. [:(]

I too would prefer they not release the game before it's ready. What they did with GWTC was great - you can tell they put a lot of effort into it, more than they did with the previous games. They need to put the same effort in again. This time though, they need to really work on the single player. If they can get that right, a lot of players will be happy.

Multiplayer is an issue, but most players play single player. That should be their focus for this release since we're getting a whole new engine and AI. That's not to say they should ignore the multiplayer entirely, but their focus should be the single player.
I have a Youtube Channel that features Close Combat and Panzer Corps Let's Plays and videos, as well as historical documentaries.
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

Hi TIK...well i dont really agree. they have an awesome game in LSA with all the different options that the game offers. it plays reasonably well...they just need to fix a few more bugs.
they may have spent allot of time on GWTC in your opinion, but it appears they didnt spend enough time in the area of the lobby and multi player connection...where the bread and butter is. im glad there spending the time now to fix the issues but i would have been happier if they had of got it right before the game came out.

i dont agree that most buyers / players buy a game to play against the AI. some will for sure but you will always get a better game against a human opponent then against a computer. the players that i know in the gaming community [ not just CC, myself included ]buy there games to play H2H. IMO players buy CC to play H2H not single player. this may change in the bloody 1st as you say but i doubt it.
TIK

Post by TIK »

ORIGINAL: STIENER

Hi TIK...well i dont really agree. they have an awesome game in LSA with all the different options that the game offers. it plays reasonably well...they just need to fix a few more bugs.
they may have spent allot of time on GWTC in your opinion, but it appears they didnt spend enough time in the area of the lobby and multi player connection...where the bread and butter is. im glad there spending the time now to fix the issues but i would have been happier if they had of got it right before the game came out.

i dont agree that most buyers / players buy a game to play against the AI. some will for sure but you will always get a better game against a human opponent then against a computer. the players that i know in the gaming community [ not just CC, myself included ]buy there games to play H2H. IMO players buy CC to play H2H not single player. this may change in the bloody 1st as you say but i doubt it.

Hey, I'm glad they're sorting the multiplayer issues. I can't comment too much about the issues because I'm actually in a CC multiplayer-dry-spell atm lol. But I experienced enough in Panthers in the Fog to hope that they sort them out before the release of The Bloody First.

But are you sure H2H is what most people play? Based on my experience with GameRanger and the multiplayer lobbies, there's only a handful of people in the world who play CC H2H. It may be superior gameplay - no one's disputing that! But multiplayer is not what most people play. Mooxe has said several times that most people play single-player, and my experience with the series supports that.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Have to agree with TIK on single player vs H2H. I occasionally play H2H, with the older direct connect CC's games, but spend way more time against the AI playing/testing mods (my own and others).

Matrix could say for sure as they know their sales and can track/see who is using the "lobby". Based on the limited number of complaints posted about the new H2H lobby system, which has not been that good, people either don't play H2H or have given up playing PiTF and GTC H2H.
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

Is this still on pace for this year?
Will there be a demo?

Is there anymore images or video available?

Personally I don't see a whole lot of excitement on the internet for this game so far.

What have you guys got?
CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

Almost a year has passed, and if the developers are on track, The Bloody First should be released soon. Just in time for Christmas? [:'(]
But since we do live in a "real" world, I too would prefer the game be free of bugs before release. I can wait. [:)]
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
sshnuke

Post by sshnuke »

http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 7&start=40
Close Combat The Bloody First will be 2015. Its been a lot more work using Unity than we'd hoped so things are taking longer than planned.

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”