[Mass Effect 4 mod] - Development stalled, released 80% finished mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

dvr

RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013)

Post by dvr »

On hard difficulty I have almost never problems to keep up with other empires. And the resources you add seems to add a whole other level of gameplay (which is good). It seems like a lot of fun. I will test for you if you like.
If there are people who are complaining you can leave the resources out in another version? I don't know if is a lot of work or not and if a mod works that way. I am no modder. Far from that.
But I am looking forward to it and I will keep an eye on this thread! And I'm always happy to give suggestion.
DownTheDrain

Post by DownTheDrain »

So...any updates on when the mod will be released?
Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

ORIGINAL: DownTheDrain

So...any updates on when the mod will be released?

It is practically finished. I plan to release at the end of this week.[8D]

There might be some balance issues, which i will fix as soon as someone points me out them.
Rahal

Post by Rahal »

Very much looking forward to this. Setting the mod post ME3 makes much more sense re: DW game mechanics.
Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

Also, this mod is very realism oriented. I can easily claim it to be the most realistic. No more you will find ridiculous hyperstop/disruption or gravitic weapons. However, there are plenty of realistic and theoretically possible weapons that can be used in space. For example I've used gravitic weapon feature of bypassing shields and armour to create Nasty Gamma-Ray emmission weaponry.

Here is a pic of new weapon techs:

Attachments
20140827_222514.jpg
20140827_222514.jpg (466.43 KiB) Viewed 405 times
Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

Thanks to http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/r ... cience.php articles regarding current and future space tech needed for warfare.
DownTheDrain

Post by DownTheDrain »

I honestly don't care too much about realism as long as the technobabble fits the setting, but others might disagree.

Since the mod isn't released yet I'll have to compensate by asking a bunch of questions. [:D]

Any change to the ship sets? The canon ones obviously were fine but some of those that lacked a proper ME source didn't seem all that fitting (Krogan for instance).
Are you still sticking to this being a pirate only mod? If yes, will there be any special events for Collectors, Cerberus, Batarian slavers, whoever or will we all just merrily plunder the galaxy?
Custom galaxy, yes, no, maybe?
Will the canon characters play a role or do you consider them redundant after the end of the Reaper invasion?

If any of my questions has already been answered I apologize for not paying enough attention.
Either way, can't wait for the mod.
Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

ORIGINAL: DownTheDrain

I honestly don't care too much about realism as long as the technobabble fits the setting, but others might disagree.

Since the mod isn't released yet I'll have to compensate by asking a bunch of questions. [:D]

Any change to the ship sets? The canon ones obviously were fine but some of those that lacked a proper ME source didn't seem all that fitting (Krogan for instance).
Are you still sticking to this being a pirate only mod? If yes, will there be any special events for Collectors, Cerberus, Batarian slavers, whoever or will we all just merrily plunder the galaxy?
Custom galaxy, yes, no, maybe?
Will the canon characters play a role or do you consider them redundant after the end of the Reaper invasion?

If any of my questions has already been answered I apologize for not paying enough attention.
Either way, can't wait for the mod.

Change to everything (planets, ships, tech, resources, effects, sounds and etc.), you will see once my download link will be activated on moddb. But the problems is, quote from the first page:

"After almost a month of working on this mod, I've created massive amounts of new assets and features based on ME Universe and Hard Science (with tons of research).

However, my university studying time is approaching very quickly and so I have no more time to finish my mod. Therefore If someone's interested please take over, you don't need my permission, just finish it.

Hopefully my work will not be thrown away and mod will be finally finished."

Sorry about that, I've been doing this mod alone and for an extensive period of time. As I've said above there are loads and loads of new features. However I don't have time to finish the mod. I've used lots of assets from my old Prothean Cycle mod, such as shipsets for example.

The hardest part is luckily fully completed, like planets, map, effects, resources&shipsets (partly) and tech. It's 80% done basically.

DownTheDrain

Post by DownTheDrain »

ORIGINAL: Tyrador

However, my university studying time is approaching very quickly and so I have no more time to finish my mod. Therefore If someone's interested please take over, you don't need my permission, just finish it.

I missed that part.
Now I has a sad.
Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

Here's the download link for the mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/prothean-cycl ... 0-finished

I am really sorry to not be able to complete this mod. Thank DW modding text tools, they are extremely time consuming to manage. If there would be some sort of editor (there is one but no download link), I've might have completed the mod.
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

THX to share although it's not ready. [:)]
Taeryc

Post by Taeryc »

Its still entirely playable, or rather, it is until it adds to many resources to a colony. Or maybe I'm just getting unlucky. Can anyone confirm that?

If that's the case, I'd simply remove some of the added purely luxury resources like droids and whatever and leave it to medi-gel to pop up, but i've no idea how to do that.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

Woah this one was buried deep
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
rjord2021

RE: Prothean Empire (Mass Effect) mod idea

Post by rjord2021 »

Some news for Mass Effect fans......

I have begun converting this mod over to Distant Worlds Universe......
I will continue this mod in a new post in the next few weeks.

Instead of being called Prothean Empire, Mass Effect 4 or Mass Effect: Andromeda this mod will be further developed with the name :

Mass Effect

Currently looking at the work done by Tyrador 6 or 7 years ago and there is much work to be done.

Attachments
ForumBann..rch2019.jpg
ForumBann..rch2019.jpg (189.21 KiB) Viewed 412 times
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

You have a lot on your plate already.
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970

Will some of them finally see the light.. ??? [8|]
rjord2021

Post by rjord2021 »

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

The Star Trek and Star Wars mods are still being worked on ..... they as well as Stargate are more complicated as I need to create the ships for a lot of races.

Ships are probably the most complicated part of modding.

For the Mass Effect mod it took me 90 minutes to put together the images for 34 races.

Some things are easy...other things take more time.
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

ORIGINAL: rjord1

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

The Star Trek and Star Wars mods are still being worked on ..... they as well as Stargate are more complicated as I need to create the ships for a lot of races.

Ships are probably the most complicated part of modding.

For the Mass Effect mod it took me 90 minutes to put together the images for 34 races.

Some things are easy...other things take more time.
that's for sure, but the main problem probably seem to be that you have too many mod-projects opened at the same time [and you continue to add project to project to project and so on..].
you know, we all greatly appreciate your hard work: it would be GREAT to see one day one of the above mod finished !!! [:D]

Return to “Design and Modding”