Question about "0" years in database

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Mgellis

Question about "0" years in database

Post by Mgellis »

Quick question for the database editors...am I correct in assuming that if a platform has "0" in the From or Until columns in the database, it basically means:

From, CBDB: "We're not sure when this platform showed up, but we're pretty sure it was before 1945"

Until, CBDB: "We're not sure when this platform went away, but we're pretty sure it was still in service in 1980"

From, DB3000: "We're not sure when this platform showed up, but we're pretty sure it was before 1980"

Until, DB3000: "As far as we know, this platform is still in service as of 2014"

Or does it mean something else?

Thanks.

Feltan

RE: Question about "0" years in database

Post by Feltan »

Mgellis,

That has been my understanding.

Now, let's wait. I am sure someone will tell us that it means something totally different. :-)

Regards,
Feltan
.Sirius

RE: Question about "0" years in database

Post by .Sirius »

The simple answer is not sure when it came into service with that country for the CWDB
ORIGINAL: Mgellis

Quick question for the database editors...am I correct in assuming that if a platform has "0" in the From or Until columns in the database, it basically means:

From, CBDB: "We're not sure when this platform showed up, but we're pretty sure it was before 1945"

Until, CBDB: "We're not sure when this platform went away, but we're pretty sure it was still in service in 1980"

From, DB3000: "We're not sure when this platform showed up, but we're pretty sure it was before 1980"

Until, DB3000: "As far as we know, this platform is still in service as of 2014"

Or does it mean something else?

Thanks.

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”