[1.9.5.5] AI Ship Designer: Energy Collector

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Icemania

[1.9.5.5] AI Ship Designer: Energy Collector

Post by Icemania »

The Design Template files state:

"Also note that while Reactors and Energy Collectors can be specified here, an adequate amount of these components will always be added to meet the energy needs of the design."

The AI will not add sufficient Energy Collectors to the Ship Design Templates. This is the case from testing across many designs and races.

Unlike Reactors it appears to generally apply the number of Energy Collectors specified in the Design Templates.
Fishers of Men

RE: [1.9.5.5] AI Ship Designer: Energy Collector

Post by Fishers of Men »

This obviously hurts the AI ships to perform the same as the player's. This should be corrected, please.
Old............but very fast
mensrea

Post by mensrea »

Aside from this, the AI seems to have other problems in obeying what it is told to do. I believe you also outlined this in your work:

"• There are some fields in the Empire Policy Files that I cannot get working. Specifically the AI does not disassemble recovered ships (even when set correctly per the Modding Guide) and seem to use the troop garrison size when set (I’ve gone back to use troop garrison levels in the meantime). "

I can confirm this as well. It also seems that tax settings in racial policies are not being obeyed, either.

Icemania

Post by Icemania »

There has been no response to this bug since it was reported on July 7th. Please advise.

Return to “Tech Support”