YouTube Collaborative Series

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

johanwanderer

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Post by johanwanderer »

Just finished watching Das's last episode. That was so close! Can't wait to see what Haree78 does with it.
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Wow what a great year for the Keskudons, really nice job Das.

Just to confirm, I will be starting my year at the following in different time zones:
8 pm Eastern Daylight Time (New York) Wednesday 2nd July
5 pm Pacific Daylight Time (LA) Wednesday 2nd July
1 am British Summer Time (UK) Thursday 3rd July
8 am Australian Western Standard Time Thursday 3rd July

The channel: http://www.twitch.tv/haree78
Come follow my stream to get e-mail notification for when I start streaming

I'll start the stream a little earlier to ensure there aren't any technical issues I need to worry about at the time, so please turn up if you want to try and drive what I will be doing in my year or have any questions for me regarding modding, Distant Worlds or one of my mods.
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Haree you mean July not June right? No problem man we all know what you meant,can't wait for the event!
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Haha yes ofc [:D]
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

ORIGINAL: Haree78

Wow what a great year for the Keskudons, really nice job Das.

Just to confirm, I will be starting my year at the following in different time zones:
8 pm Eastern Daylight Time (New York) Wednesday 2nd July
5 pm Pacific Daylight Time (LA) Wednesday 2nd July
1 am British Summer Time (UK) Thursday 3rd July
8 am Australian Western Standard Time Thursday 3rd July

The channel: http://www.twitch.tv/haree78
Come follow my stream to get e-mail notification for when I start streaming

I'll start the stream a little earlier to ensure there aren't any technical issues I need to worry about at the time, so please turn up if you want to try and drive what I will be doing in my year or have any questions for me regarding modding, Distant Worlds or one of my mods.

I just posted an announcement video about this on my YouTube channel. Should be a good stream! Can't wait! [8D]
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Thanks Larry! :D
Tcby

Post by Tcby »

See you there!
Tcby

Post by Tcby »

That was another great episode! Now Larry, don't forget to take advantage of your new Enhanced Armour :)
Keston

Post by Keston »

Thanks, Haree. the Twitch worked well. The tension builds.
vmxa_slith

Post by vmxa_slith »

Dang I forgot it was tonight, hope the vid is up soon.

edit: found it
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Oh and once again really sorry about going over time, sadly distracted by the 3 fleet attack! Shows how well my concentration levels work with so much going on [8|]
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

ORIGINAL: Haree78

Oh and once again really sorry about going over time, sadly distracted by the 3 fleet attack! Shows how well my concentration levels work with so much going on [8|]

Absolutely no problem! We've anticipated this would happen here and there, so no worries. [:)]
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

Keston

Post by Keston »

Indeed it is tempting, and ambitious, but the idea of having Torak-boosted Keskudon or even Boskaran troops is almost a superweapon. Maybe overkill, but no true Keskudon would look askance at that. I was quite surprised to see how few ground units are being fielded by the Keskudon Galactic Empire. They are very cheap to operate and very strong even without enhancements or experience, so make invasions easier and KGE occupation hard to dislodge. Don't know the temperament of the Boskarans, but enough KGE troops landed should be very hard to dislodge, and maybe the Boskarans could be offered some additional incentives for a quick peace leaving the Temple of Torak in Imperial hands, since they are not a natural adversary yet.

The last few episodes have tarnished the bright shiny certainties of the restoration of the Galactic Empire, but our confidence in ultimate victory remains unshaken after the repulse of repeated coordinate assaults by Humans and Tairoshans in rebellion against Keskudon supremacy.

I was surprised to so few ground units in the list. Being cheap and powerful, there should be many. Taking territory on the ground is a great strength, an asymmetric advantage that should be used. Enough ground power can seize a planet even without space superiority.

The adverse correlation of forces combined with the KGE's central position suggests that hyper-capable monitors might be useful for both offense and defense against stations and orbitals. Giving up almost all normal speed in exchange for firepower and defense so they soak up a lot of enemy attention before dying, they are essentially a relocatable defensive base which can deployed out to the periphery as needed for offense or defense against fixed positions. Fighters and missiles would be logical equipment for "reach."

Also, knocking out Tairoshan mining and support sites is definitely a good idea as the are generally pacific and anything that puts pressure to end that war is to the good (or should I say to the evil?).
Tcby

Post by Tcby »

It's easier to post comments on here instead of youtube.

I'm not sure about invading the fortress of Torak, but I agree with what you said about needing better weapons. Rail guns have their uses, but as you know they also have the lowest range in the game, and a targeting penalty. So they are especially bad against those fighters, and any standoff ship. You have the means to get better weapons somewhat quickly, too! Maybe consider three things:

1.Diverting more research into weapons, by retrofitting your space port.

2. Using your intelligence agent with the espionage bonus to steal from the Napoar. They are Quite Stupid, which means your missions are more likely to succeed. They are also a Technocracy, so despite their low intelligence score they are strong with research. They are also very passive, so if they catch you it won't lead to war. The perfect target.

3. If you build just a few more ships with boarding pods, you can quickly catch up in tech by stealing ships and disassembling them. Better yet, put some on your spaceport, because it is getting a beating. This way you'll be able to at least catch one ship that comes in to attack...you could capture something great, like a capital ship or carrier.

Can't wait for the next episode. Things are getting crazy.
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

I can't wait to see if Larry takes Torak. :) Kesk troops from there would be unbelievable.
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

ORIGINAL: Das123

I can't wait to see if Larry takes Torak. :) Kesk troops from there would be unbelievable.

Me thinks the title is a spoiler... Oh well... [;)]

Distant Worlds Collaborative ~ Year 16: Pt2 ~ Super Troopers!
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

ORIGINAL: Tcby

It's easier to post comments on here instead of youtube.

I'm not sure about invading the fortress of Torak, but I agree with what you said about needing better weapons. Rail guns have their uses, but as you know they also have the lowest range in the game, and a targeting penalty. So they are especially bad against those fighters, and any standoff ship. You have the means to get better weapons somewhat quickly, too! Maybe consider three things:

1.Diverting more research into weapons, by retrofitting your space port.

I do a bit of adjusting on this, but I fear with automation settings, this may just get overridden by the AI...
2. Using your intelligence agent with the espionage bonus to steal from the Napoar. They are Quite Stupid, which means your missions are more likely to succeed. They are also a Technocracy, so despite their low intelligence score they are strong with research. They are also very passive, so if they catch you it won't lead to war. The perfect target.

Hmmm... Yes, this might have been good. Didn't happen in my year though... [:(]
3. If you build just a few more ships with boarding pods, you can quickly catch up in tech by stealing ships and disassembling them. Better yet, put some on your spaceport, because it is getting a beating. This way you'll be able to at least catch one ship that comes in to attack...you could capture something great, like a capital ship or carrier.

Nice! A carrier or two would be handy. Again, outside my year for that...
Can't wait for the next episode. Things are getting crazy.

No... we're well beyond crazy here, but that's all I'm saying for now... [;)]

Return to “After Action Reports”