EFX File Problem

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Smokehouse82Abn

EFX File Problem

Post by Smokehouse82Abn »

Trying to put new units into game using mgarnett editor tool. Units come out fine on game screen and purchase screen but all units have no movement sound and when they fire, they all sound like a small cannon (50mm perhaps) I have even hand typed eqp/efx files numerous times with always same results. All units both vanilla and custom look and move OK but no movement sound and not correct firing sound including aircraft/infantry. Once I place a new line on bottom of EFX file, all correct, with editor tool or by hand it somehow corrupts EFX file. MANY THANKS to all of you who have made this game the BEST of the BEST.
VPaulus

RE: EFX File Problem

Post by VPaulus »

I have used Mark's editor tool with efx files, and never had any corrupted issues. The only issue I had was with the header:
# This file is used to assign various effects to units

FormatVersion 1

# Aliases
# These can be referenced from the next table.
# If a given alias does not exist, the game generates files names by adding extension to it.
#
# Alias Anim file Sound file

You need to change Format version to:
FormatVersion 2

If after having changed this in your efx file, stiull have issues, than something is not correct in your efx file.
Pick a vanilla efx file and see if it happens.
Smokehouse82Abn

Post by Smokehouse82Abn »

Thanks for the solution VPaulus and for the lightning fast reply. Now I can have tons of camo armor. VPaulus , you can command my Panzer KG anytime ![&o][&o][&o]
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

Thanks also to VPaulus for the support!
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia

Return to “Tech Support”