DW:U mess Windows setting

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Rambe

DW:U mess Windows setting

Post by Rambe »

Ranted about same thing ages ago in some threat about fonts and now same "feature" strike again.
Bought Universe installed and start playing, about 15min later my eyes are watering and getting minor headache, quiting game. When in windows everything looks weird and blurry and then I remember what I did wrong. Every time you start DW the game decide to mess windows setting and turn on "smooth edges of screen font" setting (control panel->system->advanced system settings->advanced->performance) causing blurry fonts (ingame and in windows) that give me abovementioned symptoms, which is precise reason why I have disabled that setting at first place. So is there any chance that in future patches DW could learn to honor users windows setting instead trying to forcefully chance them (it's only program that I ever used that is messing with those setting)?
Erik Rutins

RE: DW:U mess Windows setting

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Rambe,

Yes, the update due out today has a fair amount of work on this. Please give that a try once available and let us know if it helps you.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

tm.asp?m=3616296

this may help you as same info as well
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Rambe

Post by Rambe »

Except that font size is not a problem, old small fonts are nice and playable as long as I remember to alt tab to windows and go and disable that font blurring which game trying to forcefeed to me. It's just really annoying thing to do and also give ugly results (as decriped in first post) if I forget to do that (which is somewhat easy to forget because this is only program that will mess windows setting like this). Even original DWs fontsize where ok to me so problem is that windows font blurring setting not font size. And betapatch din't help to that blurring settings, it still toggle blurring on every start.

Return to “Tech Support”