How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount!

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

FingNewGuy

RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount!

Post by FingNewGuy »

ORIGINAL: Algon

Maybe I'm a bit stupid, but I initially thought that the members area would only let me register Legends and Shakturi, since they were the only ones listed there. I was about to contact support when I noticed the 'register game' link on the right...

Might be worth mentioning somewhere prominent that the link is the one to use, rather than trying (in vain) to find all your games in the list. It might save your support staff from being hassled by idiots like me. :P

This idiot (me) thanks you for the tip! [:)]
Algon

Post by Algon »

ORIGINAL: FingNewGuy

Maybe I'm a bit stupid, but I initially thought that the members area would only let me register Legends and Shakturi, since they were the only ones listed there. I was about to contact support when I noticed the 'register game' link on the right...

Might be worth mentioning somewhere prominent that the link is the one to use, rather than trying (in vain) to find all your games in the list. It might save your support staff from being hassled by idiots like me. :P

Arise and Unite, Idiots of the World! [;)]
FingNewGuy

Post by FingNewGuy »

ORIGINAL: FingNewGuy

Arise and Unite, Idiots of the World! [;)]

LOL! Downloaded and playing now! [:D]
gldavis

Post by gldavis »

I wish to thank Paulo and Joe of The Slitherine Group for their fast and courteous response to my issue. The issue has been resolved and I am downloading DWU as I type......Very Excited
ttube

Post by ttube »

I also received a prompt reply and solution to my support question. Thank you Matrix.
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

Thanks very much, grabbed a physical copy [:)]
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
ID1746

Post by ID1746 »

I would love to use the discount option for the member club, but alas, I cannot register, as it claims my E-mail adress is invalid (this also prevents me to send a ticket to helpdesk support/account support) Note, it's the same email I used to register on the forums. I did doublecheck & tried variations on typing (capitals/non-capital letters), but to no avail. Did make a thread on the unofficial support forum, in hopes someone can assist me with it.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

There is no space or extra punctuation sneaking in alongside your email address?

And no weird characters in the address (like commas, or whatever in the first part)?
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Can I use the discount on ANY game or just Universe?
ID1746

Post by ID1746 »

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

There is no space or extra punctuation sneaking in alongside your email address?

And no weird characters in the address (like commas, or whatever in the first part)?

Only odd character is an underscore, but considering how many emails got those, I doubt it's that [:)] It's more likely the age is, not the first site I had problems registrating, but usually a ticket to support helps (but not in this case, as support here autorejected my ticked due to the email I provided)

Using the same email for about 20years [;)] In internet terms, that's an eternity.

But customer service here is truly topnotch! Got a quick official response concerning this issue, on a sunday! Will hopefully resolved soon.
gabranth

Post by gabranth »

im posting this here as as support is giving this error ffs [:@]

Please include a valid Email address, and your request Description with as much detail as possible.

hi im having trouble logging in as the site won't let me register in the first place because of this

Registration Error : Please enter a valid email address.

on my email address also my backup email address there both valid i bought distant worlds with it and also registered on the forums with it yet
ID1746

Post by ID1746 »

ORIGINAL: gabranth

im posting this here as as support is giving this error ffs [:@]

Please include a valid Email address, and your request Description with as much detail as possible.

hi im having trouble logging in as the site won't let me register in the first place because of this

Registration Error : Please enter a valid email address.

on my email address also my backup email address there both valid i bought distant worlds with it and also registered on the forums with it yet

Same as my error it seems (My email works fine to register for forum & buying the previous games, but cannot use it to register for the Member's Club), contact Storesupport @ Matrixgames . com (without the spaces ofc) They're currently helping me out, they're as puzzled as me on why it doesn't accept my email as valid.
Stilletto

Post by Stilletto »

ORIGINAL: Surtur01

Hi guys

For those who already own one or more games/expansions in the Distant Worlds series, we have created a system for you to upgrade to Universe. You will be able to get a $ 10 discount for every Distant Worlds game/expansion you own. This means that, if you Distant Worlds plus all three expansions, you will be able to generate a $ 40 coupon code for Distant Worlds: Universe. This is then added to the $ 10 release discount (until the 29th of May) we are giving for a total of $ 50 off the regular price.

In order to generate this coupon, you must register your Distant Worlds content on the Matrix games Members Club. After you have done this, click the “My discount coupons” button on the right side. Here you will be able to get your coupon.

Note: Make sure to register ALL your Distant Worlds content before generating the coupon. It can only be done once, so if you do it before you registered all Distant Worlds keys, you will not be able to use the full discount!

After you have your discount, just add Universe to your card and enter the coupon code when required and your discount will be calculated.

This procedure will remain in place until Augusts 31st.
Hmmm. Seems I'm missing something here. I have all 4 Distant Worlds games. I have registered and received the $40.00 discount. Where is the $10.00 release discount for a total of $50.00? I see the download version is $49.xx on Matrix but it doesn't say anything about a $10.00 release discount. What am I missing?
When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

"Ms. Betty has sharp thorns, but underneath is a delicate flower." -ltfightr
martok

Post by martok »

ORIGINAL: Galen

I just went into members club, and only Legends and Return are listed. I clicked the register game link on the left, and tried to input my base DW serial # in, but it says I am already registered....don't want to lose out on $20 coupon...can someone verify that I don't have to have all 4 listed in Members club if they are all registered?

edit: To clarify--under "my registered serial numbers" link, I show all four registered. However, in Members club, only the Legends and Return expansions are showing. Am I safe to click the coupon?

Odd, I've just run into this exact same issue. Have submitted a support ticket, and am now keeping fingers crossed...

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Abraxis

Post by Abraxis »

Nevermind, miss post
vince0018

Post by vince0018 »

ORIGINAL: Stilletto

ORIGINAL: Surtur01

Hi guys

For those who already own one or more games/expansions in the Distant Worlds series, we have created a system for you to upgrade to Universe. You will be able to get a $ 10 discount for every Distant Worlds game/expansion you own. This means that, if you Distant Worlds plus all three expansions, you will be able to generate a $ 40 coupon code for Distant Worlds: Universe. This is then added to the $ 10 release discount (until the 29th of May) we are giving for a total of $ 50 off the regular price.

In order to generate this coupon, you must register your Distant Worlds content on the Matrix games Members Club. After you have done this, click the “My discount coupons” button on the right side. Here you will be able to get your coupon.

Note: Make sure to register ALL your Distant Worlds content before generating the coupon. It can only be done once, so if you do it before you registered all Distant Worlds keys, you will not be able to use the full discount!

After you have your discount, just add Universe to your card and enter the coupon code when required and your discount will be calculated.

This procedure will remain in place until Augusts 31st.
Hmmm. Seems I'm missing something here. I have all 4 Distant Worlds games. I have registered and received the $40.00 discount. Where is the $10.00 release discount for a total of $50.00? I see the download version is $49.xx on Matrix but it doesn't say anything about a $10.00 release discount. What am I missing?

I'm having the same issue.
Getting the $40 Discount but not the other $10.
Is this a bug/glitch?

Curious cause according the OP the $10 expires in the next 24 hours and it would
be nice to know before it's supposed to actually expire hehe.
Abraxis

Post by Abraxis »

It's the exchange rate from USD to CAD which is altering the expected total, it confused me too.
vince0018

Post by vince0018 »

ORIGINAL: Abraxis

It's the exchange rate from USD to CAD which is altering the expected total, it confused me too.

Ya you're completely right.. the game is $50USD currently, I was seeing it as $57 or something in Canadian, confused me.

Well, gonna have to scrape up $10 today to purchase it.
So happy I don't have to pay full price though lol (though DW is worth it in my opinion)
dalecox

Post by dalecox »

A couple of years ago I purchased DW with Return & Legends. I think I bought it directly from Matrix but I'm not sure. I'm sure it was in 2012.

I haven't played it in awhile and in the meantime I changed laptops. I kept the install files but I can no longer find the email with the serial number key so I can not install the game on this computer.

Can Matrix fix this? I tried sending a ticket but now it seems to have disappeared. I sent an email to support but I don't know how long to wait. I've seen really good things about their support on here so if someone from Matrix would contact me, I would like to get the upgrade to Universe as soon as I can.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

The support should work. If you have the old laptop with the old install, the serial keys should be in some text files in the main install directory.

RotSserialreg.txt, serialreg.txt, and friends.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”