New Public Beta v4.6.278 Available!

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Andrew Loveridge

New Public Beta v4.6.278 Available!

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hi Everyone,

A new Public Beta update for CO: Battles from the Bulge v4.6.278 is available in the Members Club.

Let us know how it works for you.

It is also available on the FTP here.
Phoenix100

RE: New Public Beta v4.6.278 Available!

Post by Phoenix100 »

Many thanks!

But I thought all the data from HTTR and Greece was to be converted in this update? It doesn't appear to have been done.
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

I think Dave was going to do that for the final version Peter.
He has put out another "emergency" beta first though, because of some problems they found while testing the Med pack, from what I can gather.
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

I think that if I understood correctly, the HTTR and Greece portions will only be done once we get an actual (non-beta) patch... one of the reasons I am hoping people stop finding minutae details wrong with these lol. I am ready for the real patch and for the Med pack, and moving forward to 2.0
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

Ah, Daz beat me to it.
Txema

Post by Txema »

Can you post the change log of the patch, please?

Thank you very much for all the work to improve this simulator !!

Txema
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge

Hi Everyone,

A new Public Beta update for CO: Battles from the Bulge v4.6.278 is available in the Members Club.

Let us know how it works for you ...

The opposing AI seems to fight very well for its objectives, but I am tired of seeing a unit with 2 soldiers hold up an entire column: there should be more surrenders, esp. for dispirited, overwhelmed units even if they have sufficient manpower.

I still have to remind myself to check the days entry whenever I give orders lest the computer give me too little time, esp. in a short scenario as "Battle of the Roadblocks" which is the only scenario I had time to run over Easter.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Many thanks but please a changelog for the latest changes, Readme and whatsnew.pdf only go to V4.6.276.
Mahatma

Post by Mahatma »

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge

Hi Everyone,

Let us know how it works for you ...

The opposing AI seems to fight very well for its objectives, but I am tired of seeing a unit with 2 soldiers hold up an entire column: there should be more surrenders, esp. for dispirited, overwhelmed units even if they have sufficient manpower.

I still have to remind myself to check the days entry whenever I give orders lest the computer give me too little time, esp. in a short scenario as "Battle of the Roadblocks" which is the only scenario I had time to run over Easter.

I'll echo this thoughts as the tenacity of HQs is outrageous at times.
Have: Socks. Deodorant. £2 gloves. Mince pies.
Want: Line formation banned until I give a specific order to use line formation. Troops that don't take lie-ins until 0800 unless ordered to never rest.
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

Any update on the final patch for CO or is 278 it?
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

278 is Beta. AFAIK If there are no game breakers, they will make it an official patch, updating the maps for the Greek and COTA, and then it is on to the second half of the Med, and then to CO2.
Dave is out of action still for a few days I think though.
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: navwarcol

278 is Beta. AFAIK If there are no game breakers, they will make it an official patch ...

I hope Dave seriously considers reincorporating some of what he did in an earlier patch as there should to be more surrenders of units with only a handful of soldiers; historically during the Bulge, many "green" units simply surrendered en masse in the wake of the violent German offensive. After all, they were sent to the Ardennes to acclimate to war as it was a "quiet sector" where no fighting was expected.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
TMO

Post by TMO »

Any idea when the official final patch will be available?

Regards

Tim
DerGrenadier

Post by DerGrenadier »

Any news about the patch? The Beta is now 6 weeks old and nothing happened so far.
[center]Image
[center]

TMO

Post by TMO »

Sorry to nag - but any progress on the final patch?

Regards

Tim
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

What's the hurry good for, we still lack a change log for this beta anyway.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

I started back working this week, albeit I'm still hobbling around in a boot. I am addressing issues highlighted in the MEd Pack testing. We're down to testing only three scenarios. I hope to finalise these next week or so and then put out a Med Pack Installer for pre-release testing. I will roll all these changes I have done into a Game patch and release it at the same time.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
GBS

Post by GBS »

Hooraaay! Then on to Command Ops 2! Very exciting..
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
captskillet

Post by captskillet »

glad you're back Dave, good to see the Med scenarios near release!
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

I have made some changes to address the issue of units with only a handful of men not disbanding. It now uses a threshold percentage of personnel quantity based on the units estab persQty. So smaller units have a higher threshold at which they will disband. But I have also specifically addressed armoured units that no longer have any armour. In testing, I found that the worst offenders were in fact armoured units who had lost their AFVs but still had 3 or 4 personnel remaining. Now their persThreshold is increased by 50%, making them much more likely to disband. I ran a series of tests and am happy that units that previously hung around like a bad smell now disband. The attacker certainly has more momentum now.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Return to “Command Ops Series”