Speed Question

QVADRIGA is a tactical game of chariot racing in ancient Roman circuses, where you take control of a four horse chariot team.
SteveD64

Speed Question

Post by SteveD64 »

Does using Avoid, Stability or the Attacks orders decrease your potential speed? I was wondering if there was a trade off- for instance using the Avoid Attack order but at the cost of speed.
tgb

RE: Speed Question

Post by tgb »

Nat that I can tell.
Kipper

Post by Kipper »

They affect speed as after using them the shake reins command reappears.
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

ORIGINAL: Kipper

They affect speed as after using them the shake reins command reappears.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't change for Stability, nor Avoid Attacks. Because I've used them on straightaways, with nothing going on near me, and was still at maximum speed.

Are you sure you weren't whipped, rammed or running into/over other chariots at the time?
Niessuh

Post by Niessuh »

No they don't reduce speed, current speed will always be maintained unless you brake, collide with another team, suffer an injury to the horse team or other team brakes you due to a laceration attack
Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm
oldbaldgamer

Post by oldbaldgamer »

You always have less speed with avoid and stability compared to Whipping. I cant stand stopping my whipping to avoid or stability in a corner cause then you are slower.
Kipper

Post by Kipper »

OK I need to keep an eye on this as the shake reins command reappears at least sometimes after these, which would indicate that speed has been lost?
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Kipper
OK I need to keep an eye on this as the shake reins command reappears at least sometimes after these, which would indicate that speed has been lost?

honestly this hasn't been my experience, at least with Watch and Control. Not sure about ramming and lacerating, since I don't do it much.
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

With Whipping, there is a chance you accidentally slow down your own horses instead of a competitor's. There is also a small chance that you speed his up or drop your whip and lose the use of it for the rest of the race.

There may also be a chance of a ram attack backfiring on you.. I'm not sure with that one.

Return to “QVADRIGA”