I don't understand upgrades

QVADRIGA is a tactical game of chariot racing in ancient Roman circuses, where you take control of a four horse chariot team.
FroBodine

I don't understand upgrades

Post by FroBodine »

In the Manage screen, how am I supposed to use the icons to increase my chariot, driver, horse stats? I mouse over them, the lightning bolt for example, and it tells me what the upgrade does. But, I cannot click on it to purchase the upgrade. Or, is it just showing me what the upgrade will be if I purchase the driver, chariot or horse next to it?

Also - how am I supposed to know if the thing I am buying is better than what I already have? For example, all my chariots have the huge green highlight completely covering them, so I cannot tell what one I have.

Finally, what are the things at the bottom of each purchase area, the things that cost 80,000 and 60,000? There is no tooltip saying what they are. Is this a bonus thing that I will discover later? If so, that's fine and pretty cool. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something here.

Confusing.
Niessuh

RE: I don't understand upgrades

Post by Niessuh »

ORIGINAL: jglazier
In the Manage screen, how am I supposed to use the icons to increase my chariot, driver, horse stats? I mouse over them, the lightning bolt for example, and it tells me what the upgrade does. But, I cannot click on it to purchase the upgrade. Or, is it just showing me what the upgrade will be if I purchase the driver, chariot or horse next to it?
That is correct, those icons inform you about the upgrades this component possess and when purchased it will apply to your chosen destination team.
Also - how am I supposed to know if the thing I am buying is better than what I already have? For example, all my chariots have the huge green highlight completely covering them, so I cannot tell what one I have.
The coloured bars covering team indicates damage level, If they are not blinking then that component is in perfect condition. Purchased equipment is always in perfect condition, so the only thing you have to compare at purchasing time is the upgrades new equipment has.
Finally, what are the things at the bottom of each purchase area, the things that cost 80,000 and 60,000? There is no tooltip saying what they are. Is this a bonus thing that I will discover later? If so, that's fine and pretty cool. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something here.
Yes, until you are able to purchase it, you just see a "not enough denarius" tooltip. This purchases allows you to permanently hire medic/veterinarian/craftsman services to attend your teams.
Confusing
Please take a look at the manual! (ingame or pdf) [;)]
Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

I did read the manual. These things are not explained very clearly to me. Thank you for the clarifications.
PunkReaper

Post by PunkReaper »

The icons at the bottom of the purchase screen (those worth in excess of 40000) could do with some explanation when hovering you mouse over them. Bought someone to repair my chariots but didn't know for sure what he was until I bought him.

Return to “QVADRIGA”