Hmm...

Piercing Fortress Europa is a new game from veteran game designer Frank Hunter, which covers the campaigns of the Western Allies from July, 1943 through the end of April, 1945 in Sicily and Italy. Each area has its own map and time scale to best represent the campaigns for Sicily and Italy and the player is offered complete freedom, limited only by a historical order of battle and logistics model, to plan his operations and explore all of the many “what ifs” that the Italian theater has to offer.
Duck Doc

Hmm...

Post by Duck Doc »

1) What is the 'air priority' selection on unit actions? Maybe I missed it in the manual.
2) How about a window showing the unit's composition and information including NATO symbol when it is selected?
3) How about the same window showing each unit in a stack?
4) How about being able to cycle through units in a stack?
5) Are the 'S' and container icons for supply and settings switched?
6) If caving into or appeasing the noise whiners could we please have the option to keep it off?

Great game! Just what the doctor ordered. Carry on...
PKH

RE: Hmm...

Post by PKH »

I think the air priority is something you can use to give more air support to some units. I expect it just weights the priority settings for each unit in combat and spreads the aircraft accordingly.

You can cycle through a stack by right clicking after selecting it.
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

1. Air priority are relative ratings. Having all your units at 3 is the same as having them all at 1. The easiest explanation of how air priority works is probably as follows. Imagine you have 2 units and 4 air points on ground support. One unit has a priority of 1 and the other has a priority of 3. The game would then assign 3 air points to the priority 3 unit and 1 to the priority 1 unit.

2. Showing unit composition? The game data doesn't contain information on sub-units so the popup window just shows info like quality, disruption, supply etc.

3. I did consider doing that but since stacks tend to be small, except at Messina, I thought it created too many mouse clicks to give orders.

4. The right mouse button is used for shuffling through a stack.

5. I never thought it might look better reversing those. Now that you bring it up... you might be right.

6. Sound will be optional.

Thank you!
churruca

Post by churruca »

I think that option number 3 could be good, b/c cycle through a stack with right click is less practical.
Maybe double click or other button could open this type of window.
"Recuerdo cuando el Sol no se ponía en nuestro imperio!"
Duck Doc

Post by Duck Doc »

Got it about the Air Priority. Still confused when playing about the air power part of the game. It is very abstracted maybe on purpose. I am not sure it would be helpful to have some information on relative air superiority, air strength, available air resources and the like.

Thanks and really like the game.

Return to “Piercing Fortress Europa”