Kamikaze activated

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Gem35

Kamikaze activated

Post by Gem35 »

Playing against the Japanese AI ,If the Allies capture Marcus island do they activate kamikaze for japs?
Its June 1942
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
BPRE

RE: Kamikaze activated

Post by BPRE »

According to the manual not before January 1, 1944. I haven't verified though. Otherwise it fulfills the criteria of being within 15 hexes of Tokyo.

/BPRE
Gem35

Post by Gem35 »

Thank you very much
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
Mobeer

Post by Mobeer »

In my experience with the latests patches, the AI converts 1 squadron per turn into a kamikaze unit, and 1 squadron per turn back into an ordinary unit. So no kamikaze attacks ever occur.
BPRE

Post by BPRE »

You wouldn't be able to do that (convert back again) as a human player I believe. I ran an AI vs. AI game once until late in the war and then took over the Japanese side. I did everything I could think of to try and convert back one of the air units but didn't succeed. In that game the AI had quite a few kamikaze units but I'm not sure it was using them.
I think that it never changed the mission setting after converting a unit so some of them was possible to use for something else than kamikaze attacks but once I changed it I couldn't choose anything else.

I'm not surprised though that the AI might be able to convert them back to normal units again. I've seen some things that isn't possible for me but the AI does.

/BPRE
Gem35

Post by Gem35 »

Oh well. I will make a house rule that allows the AI gamey advantage [:-]

[center]Image[/center]

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”