Eastern Theater Operations - Operation Norway

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and general game modding.
dfoehammer

Eastern Theater Operations - Operation Norway

Post by dfoehammer »

Well, I finally got to finish up the first scenario for the Eastern Theater operations MOD I have been working on...well..seems like forever now hahah. In any event, I got to play test through it this past weekend(on both sides), and tweaked a few things, and it seems to be playing out pretty decently. The new German Kreigsmarine is quite the formidable force ! It is more of a testing ground and not too hard for a major victory playing the German Reich. The real challenge seems to be trying to get a major victory playing the British in this scenario.(Which I did manage to do after about 4 tries LOL)
While there is still some very minor graphic flaws I need to fix yet(nothing too distracting, and wont affect game play..just some minor stuff I need to fix to make it perfect), I am going to go ahead and release this in a couple of days anyways. I have to get it packaged up and I have to sort through and gather the necessary files, and then I will upload it and provide a link for you to grab it and enjoy :) I woudl love to hear your feedback and suggestions, and I hope some of the others will take the resources I have made and add some other cool new scenarios as well.
I have several more scenarios planned that I will be releasing in addition, but I have a pretty full plate for the next 2 or 3 weeks, so I don't plan on being able to work on them for a little while yet. In the meantime you can enjoy this new scenario, and offer up any suggestions and feedback that you think would be worthwhile :)

And the vaporware suddenly and unbelievably begins to gather form and substance heheh ;)
dfoehammer

RE: Eastern Theater Operations - Operation Norway

Post by dfoehammer »

Look for the link here in this thread either tomorrow or the day after :)
dfoehammer

Post by dfoehammer »

Here is the link to the first scenario. I remind you there is a few graphic bugs. They are all in the aircraft when they make a strike. There are varying degrees of green boxes that are showing. I am working on fixing those, and should have them fixed by the next release in a couple of weeks or so. Enjoy !!! :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?69pkmetkmd74iad

just unzip the file on your desktop or someplace, and drop the file folder into your new copy of carriers at war (make sure to make a new copy of the CAW folder, or it will overwrite your original.
dfoehammer

Post by dfoehammer »

No comments ? :( Hmmm figured I owuld at least here a "that sucks" or maybe "that rocks" awww well.
Kiwi Red One

Post by Kiwi Red One »

Hi dfoehammer

Thanks for taking the time to make your work available to others. I have downloaded your stuff but have not yet have time to install it. Looked through the zips etc looks like good stuff [:)]

You have to remember that even this version CAW has been out for a few years so many folks have played it an moved on to other stuff and one of the principal authors has unfortunately now passed on.

Please keep up the good work....love to play CAW in other places than just the Pacific. If I ever get time to finish developing my scenarios I'd gladly share them.
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

Thank you very much for all the hard work you have put into this. I should have said it sooner but I was always checking on your progress.

I do have a problem though. I am running the newest CAW and I believe I merged the folders correctly, but when I click on one of your scenarios I get a CTD.

I do get the splash screen, nice touch, and I can run any of the old scenarios.

I think I should have read the above more carefully.

It seems I needed to do an entire new install of CAW and add it to that, correct?
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

I fixed it. I had reinstalled the game to play your addons and I forgot that Matrix's update always wants to go to C:\.

So it wasn't updated I just added a new folder to my C:\ drive.

It is too late now but I will play some tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
dfoehammer

Post by dfoehammer »

ORIGINAL: sulla05

I fixed it. I had reinstalled the game to play your addons and I forgot that Matrix's update always wants to go to C:\.

So it wasn't updated I just added a new folder to my C:\ drive.

It is too late now but I will play some tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again.

Let me know if you have anymore trouble. Yes, you will want a seperate installation to install this MOD to, as it overwrites much of the original artwork, and will make your japanese carriers have swastika (amongst other issues) LOL. You don't actually need to re-install it, you should be able to just copy your current installation and rename the folder ETO CAW or something...then drop the files into the main folder. overwrite if prompted. Hope you enjoy it ! I will fix the graphic bugs on the top down aircraft in the next release (not sure when that will be yet) I have already made a new map for the next batch (I hope to release a handful of new scenarios with the next update). I am not sure how soon that will be though, probably not for a couple of months at elast, as I have some other projects I am workign on currently, and a fair amoutn of work I have to address with my business. So it might not be until after the new year, although I will TRY (no promises) to get it done by christamas as a present for those who are still playing the game.

I would also love to hear feedback on the Norway scenario from everyone who tries it. I also provided artwork for and included the Cape Matapan scenario with my Norway Ops scenario. So now you have Aquila, Italian warships, and Italian and German aircraft to play out the scenarios with :)

Let me know how you like it, and any thoughts or suggestions for future scenarios.
brucemcl777

Post by brucemcl777 »

Scott

Now my computer that has CAW in it is busted (the SSD boot drive failed). I will download as soon as it's fixed - have always been checking in on your progress - congrats on finally having released Norway scenario

Bruce
you can always find me on Steam at
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/stratwin
Where we are all about Strategy - come join us - there my name is I'm Spartacus.

Order of Battle: Pacific fan
Morning Sun: beta tester
US Marines: beta tester

Admiral Stricker

Post by Admiral Stricker »

Mario Vallée and I found a big bug for you to fix:

The Based-land aircrafts (of the Luftwaffe) can send theirs own ships to Rock-Bottom.

But Still a 8,5 out 10 scénario at this point, Well Done DHammer [:)]
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

I reinstall CAW to try this mod and i find it very very good, compliments!!

nikdav

Post by nikdav »

But why the name " Eastern theater " it would be more correct Western theater, or you plan a Russian front mod ?

JamesHunt

Post by JamesHunt »

need to test this out

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”