Question...

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

djoos5

Question...

Post by djoos5 »

Probably first of several...

I am familiar with the original Harpoon and have purchased Ultimate Harpoon from Matrix and I am excited to now own Command. But, I have a question regarding icons:

What is the small numeric value with the small 's' next to it that is displayed with unknown contacts? [image included below] I am assuming it is a time increment for a broadcasted radar system... but would love clarity. I know this is probably non-essential information that is given, but my mind likes to know the meaning for everything.

Thanks in advance.

djoos5

RE: Question...

Post by djoos5 »

No pic - not allowed to attach, or link to posts yet.

Sorry
SSN754planker

Post by SSN754planker »

it is the time interval between "hits" on a radar sweep
MY BOOK LIST
ST1/SS SSN 754
djoos5

Post by djoos5 »

Thank you very much. I figured it was something to do with radar.

Obviously the larger the number grows, the closer the unknown target has approached. Correct?
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Hello, and welcome!

The value you refer to is the age of the contact. It represents the time elapsed since that contact was last detected by any of your units in the scenario. Obviously, the more "fresh" the contact is, the more reliable its position and other data are. (In fact many weapons will outright not be fired against a contact that is too old, because of the tremendous uncertainty).
djoos5

Post by djoos5 »

Thanks, Sunburn!

That makes even more sense. I appreciate the help.
djoos5

Post by djoos5 »

Another question as I build my first scenario:

I notice that Command allows you to build everything from the bottom up, so my question is: If I place a ship in the game scenario, is it already stocked with its standard issue of ammunition?

The Ticonderoga I placed in the game says 2/2 (which I am assuming is the number of rails on this mount) for the Mk26 but then says 30 on MountMag - this is telling me there are 2 SM2MR's on the rails with 30 more to be fired if necessary, correct?

For my placed Los Angeles subs, the torpedo tube says 1/1 - is there an inventory of more torpedoes or do I need to add them with the scenario build?

Thanks for the help, and sorry to have newb questions.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Not a problem, we all learn on the job here [:)]

Yes, units are instantiated with their "stock" armaments & equipment as described in the database. You can of course edit those plentifully in the scenario editor.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”