Playtesting RA 6.0

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

John 3rd

RE: Dutch LCU errors

Post by John 3rd »

Having seen nothing more come in I am going to send the files to everyone on my Group List. If you do not see the revised 6.2 Files, email me and let me know.

We are done tinkering around. The whole air group and missing FP issue was serious enough to warrant stopping and correcting. Unless there is a game breaker, we now move forward playing. If little things are spotted, please email me and I shall keep a 'change list' going. Thanks for everyone's participation in finding the issues!

Look to your 'in box'....

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Looks like everyone got their files. HAVE FUN!

Anyone else interested just needs to send me their email address.

Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

For anyone playing as Allies, the following VRF squadrons are not replenishment squadrons, you will need to use them as regular air units. I hope this will negate some confusion later in the game.

VRF-12F
VRF-12T
VRF-14F
VRF-14T
VRF-15F
VRF-15T
VRF-16F
VRF-16B
VRF-17F
VRF-17B
VRF-18F
VRF-18B
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

If anyone needs a Tracker Region Definition file, email me and I will send it to you.
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
thinman

Post by thinman »

Hi John,

FUSO-BB can convert to ISE- and FUSO-Hybrid. No conversion from ISE-BB to ISE-Hybrid avaiable. Bind 104 + 105 (only ISE-BB). Was reporting that some days ago.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

I'll start a list. Thought that was OK when I looked earlier. Will check again.

We are rolling and I hope everyone has FUN!

Symon

Post by Symon »

Hi John,

Hit a speed bump on the plane work. have to do interactions with bomber operational ceilings. Think best thing for me to do is just finish the project in Babes context (with all the data changes in red in the spreadsheets) and do a manual port into your RA Airplane file and send you a final copy. You can see most of the new stuff in the Babes spreadsheets and I'll try my best to remember how I extrapolated to any of your (shall we say, interesting) [;)] alternatives.

Sorry 'bout this. JWE
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: Symon

Hi John,

Hit a speed bump on the plane work. have to do interactions with bomber operational ceilings. Think best thing for me to do is just finish the project in Babes context (with all the data changes in red in the spreadsheets) and do a manual port into your RA Airplane file and send you a final copy. You can see most of the new stuff in the Babes spreadsheets and I'll try my best to remember how I extrapolated to any of your (shall we say, interesting) [;)] alternatives.

Sorry 'bout this. JWE

That will be fine John. I have a game starting and we'll look at your creation when it is finished. When you want to do that import please let me know and I shall send you the latest files.

Good luck and stay with it!

Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

John, I think ship class 280 is supposed to be New Zealand instead of British.
It is part of bind 382, but the other two classes are New Zealand and you can
not make a class 280.
pcellsworth

RE: Playtesting RA 6.0

Post by pcellsworth »

Algerie - authorized in 1930, this vessel was the last and best French 'treaty' cruiser, and one of the most outstanding examples of the type in any navy. A radical departure from the widely criticized 'tin-clad' heavy cruisers, she was built in response to the Italian Zara class. Armor weight totaled 2657 tons compared with 1553 tons in the preceding Dupleix class and it was better distributed; emphasis was placed on protection against aerial bombs and underwater attack, an extensive torpedo bulkhead being separated from the main belt by oil and coal(?) bunkers.

Strange that a cruiser designed in 1929/30 would have coal bunkers.
pellsworth
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Just fired up an R6 Allies vs. AI game. Two things in my first few hours of observation.

The art for Charlottesville is not showing up. It does for the new French ships. What did I miss?

The AI, so far, is incredibly weak. I’m into January & I still hold most of Malaysia. And I have all my units in Singapore. Hong Kong still stands. Wake is still mine, as the AI only tried to take it with a small unit on 2 PB’s. Sothern Borneo remains uncontested, as does everything south of it. Same with Sumatra and the Celebes. Rabaul is still uncontested.

I realize this game is already toast, I’m just playing for a few game months to see what else happens. In RA 4.6 the AI was a LOT more aggressive. I am not sure what changes impacted what with this regard.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Just fired up an R6 Allies vs. AI game. Two things in my first few hours of observation.

The art for Charlottesville is not showing up. It does for the new French ships. What did I miss?

The AI, so far, is incredibly weak. I’m into January & I still hold most of Malaysia. And I have all my units in Singapore. Hong Kong still stands. Wake is still mine, as the AI only tried to take it with a small unit on 2 PB’s. Sothern Borneo remains uncontested, as does everything south of it. Same with Sumatra and the Celebes. Rabaul is still uncontested.

I realize this game is already toast, I’m just playing for a few game months to see what else happens. In RA 4.6 the AI was a LOT more aggressive. I am not sure what changes impacted what with this regard.

How are you Sir?

Charlotte's Art is in the art folder along with the B-64 Command Cruiser. Take another look. They should be there.

I've gotten mixed reviews on RA vs. the AI. Sounds like you have had BOTH extremes!

Let me know about the art. I can send again if needed.

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: pcellsworth

Algerie - authorized in 1930, this vessel was the last and best French 'treaty' cruiser, and one of the most outstanding examples of the type in any navy. A radical departure from the widely criticized 'tin-clad' heavy cruisers, she was built in response to the Italian Zara class. Armor weight totaled 2657 tons compared with 1553 tons in the preceding Dupleix class and it was better distributed; emphasis was placed on protection against aerial bombs and underwater attack, an extensive torpedo bulkhead being separated from the main belt by oil and coal(?) bunkers.

Algerie got buffed up some due to comments from the playtesters. She is oil-fired in 1941.

Skyland

Post by Skyland »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Algerie got buffed up some due to comments from the playtesters. She is oil-fired in 1941.

No coal or coal bunkers on Algerie. Except may be for BBQ.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: Skyland

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Hey Skyland! Just how much do the French BBQ? [:'(]

You've got to like having some of your Frenchies in the Mod...

No coal or coal bunkers on Algerie. Except may be for BBQ.

Hey Skyland! How much BBQ do the French do? [:D]

Bet you like having some of your Frenchies in the Mod...

ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Bake Island (ID 607) shows up as AF, not Base. Thus, you cannot build up the port.

Tom (Mr Kane) upgraded data base to 6.2 and I still DON'T have any aircraft on CVB Midway or FDR. [X(]
[center]Image[/center]
Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Bake Island (ID 607) shows up as AF, not Base. Thus, you cannot build up the port.

Tom (Mr Kane) upgraded data base to 6.2 and I still DON'T have any aircraft on CVB Midway or FDR. [X(]

My CVBs have air units assigned. Maybe you need to get the ones John used.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

How is that possible?

IT IS FIXED.

Everyone checked....

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Dammit Michael. It isn't.

Think I'm gonna sharpen my Katana right now...

Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

John,

May I have the 6.2 files I had 6 so assume I just need to replace all the scn files only?

gingerdragon@btconnect.com

Many Thanks
michael

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”