Newbie questions

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

nogravity

Newbie questions

Post by nogravity »

Just got this great game and I have two questions come up right away.

1. How to slow the speed to 1 sec when a new contact is made?
2. How to view the parameters of weapons? From the database viewer, I can only see ships, aircraft, submarines and facilities but not weapons. So, how to find out a missile's min/max launch attitudes?

Thanks
Primarchx

RE: Newbie questions

Post by Primarchx »

1) Game->Game Options menu, then the Message Log tab. Check in the Raise Pop-Up column on the New Contact row.

2) The DB has this info (on min/max weapon launch altitudes).
ORIGINAL: Volksjager_cn

Just got this great game and I have two questions come up right away.

1. How to slow the speed to 1 sec when a new contact is made?
2. How to view the parameters of weapons? From the database viewer, I can only see ships, aircraft, submarines and facilities but not weapons. So, how to find out a missile's min/max launch attitudes?

Thanks
nogravity

Post by nogravity »

Thanks Primarchx for 1)

For 2), where can I find the launch limits, guidance seeker type or hit probability? The only information I can get from the DB about the weapons are their potential targets, range, damage points and speed. I must had missed something obvious.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Look in the database viewer for this. If you're using the version you installed when purchased you'll see the values the ship and aircraft forms. If you're using a beta then you will see them in an entirely new form for weapons.

I think we have most what you're looking for other than maybe hit probability.

Mike
nogravity

Post by nogravity »

The version I have is v1.00 build 429. In order to find out the detail of a particular weapon say German AS.34 Kormoran2, I need to go to a/c Tornado IDS's aircraft store. From there, I can see AS.34's target, max speed, max range and warhead. But nothing else (e.g. launch altitude limits). If other data is available in the DB viewer, where can I find them? Or is it only available in beta? If that is the case, will it be included in future builds?
Andy99

Post by Andy99 »

Separate weapon db is available only in BETA now. And will be included in first official patch.
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

Ok i have a newbie question when an event fires and you have some information come up telling you what to do. If you click say on the map it disappears. How do you get it back so you can finish reading it. Doh on me [:(]
AKA - Smudge
nogravity

Post by nogravity »

Thank you Mike & Andy,

Just tried the Beta and it has what I wanted. Looking forward for the new official patch.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”