Russia attacked by Japan from AI

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Oliver Heindorf

Russia attacked by Japan from AI

Post by Oliver Heindorf »

Anyone seen this happend before ?

I am in Jan 43 and on 14th of January, the IJA Airforce attacked Vladivostock and marched toward the borders.

1. Has anyone seen this before ?

2. What to do ? Is it useful to sent supply from the USA to Russia ? Any chance that US Subs will/can be supplied from the port of Vladivostock ? Is is useful to deploy Aircraft support units in Russia and maintain an Airoffensive from Russia now ?

Any general tips to me, please ?

And more strange : Why on earth the AI did that ? [:-] (Well I am happy, more toys to play with but I would not have done this as the japanese player)

thank you !
dr.hal

RE: Russia attacked by Japan from AI

Post by dr.hal »

I certainly have never heard of such a thing... but there has to be a "trigger" that was tripped. I wonder what that was? Does Japan have a LOT of victory points???
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf

2. What to do ? Is it useful to sent supply from the USA to Russia ? Any chance that US Subs will/can be supplied from the port of Vladivostock ? Is is useful to deploy Aircraft support units in Russia and maintain an Airoffensive from Russia now ?

Any general tips to me, please ?

Go crack open a cold one and celebrate an expected early end to your war...[;)]
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

Jan 1943? Oh well, the Red Army is busy annihilating the German 6th Army (the weak allies are already gone... *poof* smashed by the Red Vengeance) [:D]

If you want to have fun and a "historical" war simply "ignore" it. Just try to contain the Japanese with your Stavka hordes.

Do NOT base American 4Es in Russian territory though [X(]
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

Congrats on winning the war & getting to turn Korea into a communist state as well as the Northern Home Islands!!!

As to basing ships/subs in russian ports - unless Michael has changed that in a fix (has been reported to him & has something to do w/ country code of hex or something along those lines), no you can't place allied ships at pre activation soviet bases. You can land allied units at soviet pre activation bases as long as they're coastal or by air lift for inland ones but they won't be able to move from those bases except by the reverse air/sea. You can unload supply/fuel at Soviet bases but not refuel from them. You can base ships/land or air units at bases that the soviets capture from the japanese though so those act like any other base on the map just the pre activation bases are different.
Oliver Heindorf

Post by Oliver Heindorf »

@ dr. hal: no, there is no advantage in points for the japanese side. Score is somewhere in the range of 24k to 12k in favor of the allies.

@ crsutton : ya can be sure ! [;)] (does a single malt will fit, too ?

@TD : OK, I don't base any Bombers or Aircraft at RU at all. So far I sent 40k of supply from West coast ports along the way and 14k of oil from LA (I know, sending fuel is more smart) but I think those lazy refinery workres need something to do (instead of having a bottle of vodka each day for each worker...) I sent oil by russion tankers from sahakalin and petropavlov to komsomolsk. I installed now a few CS-Auto-convoys.

@ jcj: I plan to invade japan by US-Units only, so the russians will go for mandchuria and china/korea and the US will cover japan. A meeting between Stalin and myself just claryfied that important point [:'(]

thank you all. Any ideas left feel free to post
Kull

Post by Kull »

Is this repeatable? In other words, if you have the save, does Japan always do this? If so it might be worth posting in the Tech Support forum so Michael can take a look at it to see if there's something odd going on.
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Did you "peak" at what the AI was doing by running one or more turns as Head to Head? If Japan is below the garrison requirements in Manchuko, there is a random done each turn to activate the USSR. If the roll came up right while you were peaking, Russia became activated, then Japan attacked because they saw it as enemy territory after activation.

The AI steals troops from Manchuko for other theaters. Russia should never get activated until August 1945 if you play every turn as Computer Japan regardless of the garrison. The only way Russia can get activated in an AI game is if you go Head to Head. I have seen that happen.

The message Russia is activated is pretty minor and can get lost in the shuffle of messages, but one turn after Russian activation a whole bunch of Soviet ships arrive. That's sort of hard to miss if you are looking at the Ops report every turn.

If you never played a turn in some other mode than Japan Computer, then there is quite possibly a bug. But you would have to send a save from the turn before it happened to michaelm.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”