Is construction slowed down in Legends?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Red_Dwarf

Is construction slowed down in Legends?

Post by Red_Dwarf »

Bought Legends and went to build my first research station and it's still not done. Yards in vanilla were able to spit out ships like gumballs but now it takes months.
PlacidDragon

RE: Is construction slowed down in Legends?

Post by PlacidDragon »

I've only played Legends (bought game and both expansions at the same time), but months and months sounds strange. Have you checked your resources, you might be short on something that prevents the station getting completed.
Gareth_Bryne

Post by Gareth_Bryne »

Sometimes there is a traffic jam in the ordering queue. It happens because the AI lines up a lot of the construction at a remote (and small) space port you've gotten from exploring in an asteroid field in the middle of nowhere. Freighters park one by one, slowly. Nothing short of scrapping the said spaceport helps (and you lose lots of cash and resources).
"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts," - Londo Mollari
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

If your building has stopped, it usually means you are short of a resource, or that your constructor hasn't yet been resupplied by a freighter.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

The only thing I have seen a MASSIVE slowdown in is colonization ships...
But then, I think my empire policy may have something to do with that... [:D]
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”