a question about pirates

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Demiurge13

a question about pirates

Post by Demiurge13 »

Forgive me if this has been asked already.

I was wondering about the ships that pirates use, is it random or are they from the shipset that belongs to whatever race's portrait a given pirate group uses?

Is it possible to have pirates use a specific shipset exclusively?
Fishers of Men

RE: a question about pirates

Post by Fishers of Men »

I believe the the pirate ship and base images are taken from a folder called MinorSets. There are several "families" of images that will show up in the game. There is also a special set of images used for the Phantom pirates in its own folder. Where its possible to make pirate ships use a specific shipset, I don't really know. It seems like it works randomly to me.
Old............but very fast
Kalthaniell

Post by Kalthaniell »

ORIGINAL: Fishers of Men

I believe the the pirate ship and base images are taken from a folder called MinorSets. There are several "families" of images that will show up in the game. There is also a special set of images used for the Phantom pirates in its own folder. Where its possible to make pirate ships use a specific shipset, I don't really know. It seems like it works randomly to me.
here its possible to make pirate ships use a specific shipset, I d

Yeah, it seems it uses random images from minor sets mostly, and sometimes copies designs of current empires (which I think is an awesome idea). Imo, except from Phantom pirates it's impossible to get them to use only one shipset.
Demiurge13

Post by Demiurge13 »

Oh yea, you guys are right about those minor sets. I recognize those pirate buggers. Out of curiosity, what are the major sets used for, story stuff like derelict ships and abandoned stations?
Kalthaniell

Post by Kalthaniell »

ORIGINAL: Demiurge13

Oh yea, you guys are right about those minor sets. I recognize those pirate buggers. Out of curiosity, what are the major sets used for, story stuff like derelict ships and abandoned stations?

Exactly. Story suff, random derelict ships, ship junkyards, space stations (pirate, abandoned and story-related). I think pirates are sometimes using them too.

Return to “Design and Modding”