Idea for a scenario

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

kombrig

Idea for a scenario

Post by kombrig »

Just a thought. What about creating a multiplayer scenario which simulates the leadership and chain of command in the following way.

There are two opposing blocks. Let's take for exapmple the Soviet-Axis front in WW 2.

A block consists 1) a regime which represents high command and 2) a number of regimes which represent fronts or army groups subordinated to the high command. All the regimes in a block are allied.

High command regime has the following tasks:
-controlls all the research, production (cities and factories) and politics of the block
-deploys reinforcements/production between subordinate regimes
-creates additional units (only the high command has political points)
-gives strategic commands/objectives (via e-mail) for subordinate regimes
-coordinates (via e-mail) the operations of the subordinate regimes
-orders (via e-mail) the transfer of units from one subordinate regime to another (the regime which got the order, gives unit then away)
-activates new regimes (fronts/armies). There is in the beginning of the game a pool of regimes which are sleeping or are played by the high command regime player. If a regime is activated a new human player can enter the game.
-controlls navy
etc

Subordinate regimes (fronts or armies) can do the following:
-to fight the battles
-to deploy the reinforcements
-to ask (via e-mail) reinforcements, help etc from the high command or neighbouring regimes (fronts/army groups)

I wonder if anybody would be interested in such a thing...
bwheatley

RE: Idea for a scenario

Post by bwheatley »

neat idea.
-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
kombrig

Post by kombrig »

Continuing to play with the idea...

Probably the problem is that it's hard to get a large number of players into a game. Or that they are able to play the game until the end. It would be fun if each side has for example 10 players but this is probably unrealistic. Maybe 4-5 players per side can be reached?

Solution to speed up the game is maybe setting a time limit. You have max 48 hours to send your turn to the next player. If you are not able to do it by some reason, then your regime is given away to another player who enters the game. The player who was "sacked" can later enter the game if there is a regime which needs commander.

The game can be speeded up even more if each regime has a "deputy commander" who will recieve all the files, orders etc but only sends the pbem file to the next player if the regime's commander can't do it in 48 hours.

Also one may consider the option that the high command may sack commanders at will (for bad performance on the field etc). The high command player could be sacked too, if all subordinate regimes agree in this.

Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

For this to work as you describe would require that each regime be of the same people group. I hope this is possible to mod into the game as it's a very interesting idea.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
CSO_Talorgan

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

Me too
Josh

Post by Josh »

Missed this topic, but I think it's neat and I've seen it before. Our fellow wargamers over at Strategycon  ( http://www.si-games.com/forum/forum.php/index.php ) have done AAR's like this, it evolves into some kind of Strategic RPG. So it's not new but indeed it's rarely done. It creates great AAR's though. [&o]
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

ORIGINAL: Webizen

For this to work as you describe would require that each regime be of the same people group. I hope this is possible to mod into the game as it's a very interesting idea.

I don't see why this would be a problem, 2 people groups, multiple regimes in each.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
british exil

Post by british exil »

A few players here including myself did a mulitplayer game years back, we played GPW. The Germany army was divided into it's 3 groups. Nord, Mitte and Süd against 3 army Groups of the soviets. Each player played his sector and passed the game onto the next player, using mails and msn stratergies were developed and each sector was able to support each other if the need arose.

Was a fun thing, trying to press an attack but knowing your neighbouring sector needed valuable troops from your advance to support him. Should I help or do I need them myself was often my thought.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
kombrig

Post by kombrig »

I was thinking of creating a random game with two regimes on XX large map and then edit it into this kind of scenario. Each side has supreme command regime plus around 7 subordinate regimes (all of them doesn't necessarily have to be active at the same time). Map should be edited to create two separate sea areas on the flanks. Railroad network must be edited. Starting tech level should be higher than in normal random games. Also both sides should have more resources and oil in order to make the war more industrial. I would also edit some SFTs (among other I would decrease cavalry's attack power - it should like normal infantry which only moves faster) and try to implement some of the ideas which are under the "AT Platinum suggestions" topic.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”