Health, wealth, and happiness.

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Shannon V. OKeets

Health, wealth, and happiness.

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

I want to thank everyone who wished me improved health. I'm doing a 30+ minute of walk every day and getting plenty of rest.

It took me a couple of weeks to get my task list in order, things having been dropped rather suddenly and the hospital stay fogging my memory somewhat as to what had been done/needed to be done.

But I believe I have my ducks more or less in a line now. So today I started fixing bugs again - getting back into the groove of: making the game fail (following directions from the beta testers), revising the code, and ascertaining that my changes result in the failure no longer occurring. It's sort of like killing off vermin: "and another one's gone, and another one's gone, and another one bites the dust".

As for advice on diet, I can not really follow any of the several well-intentioned recommendations I received. My food intake is the intersection of 3 sets (I think of this as a Venn diagram) where each set is a "thou shalt only put into your mouth ..." as ordained by my urologist, cardiologist, and endocrinologist [that's kidney stone, heart failure, and diabetes respectively]. It's tricky to get right and still have meals that are edible but my wife is a good cook, and very patient with my needs.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Empire101

RE: Health, wealth, and happiness.

Post by Empire101 »

Glad to hear you are on the mend Steve....

Just take things easy[;)]
[font="Tahoma"]Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
[/font] - Michael Burleigh

Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

No matter that I am overjoyed that you are back at work, I am still a little worried that it moight be too soon. Please, follow your doctors' reccomendations about this in case you're not doing...

Get well!!!
Ur_Vile_WEdge

Post by Ur_Vile_WEdge »

Good to hear you're getting better. Keep it up.
"When beset by danger,
When in deadly doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout."
Klydon

Post by Klydon »

Good to see you active the last several days here on the boards Steve and hopefully you continue on the mend.
brian brian

Post by brian brian »

this summer has been the toughest news to read here yet. I hope working on MWiF can be just a nice part of your recovery...when you need some intellectual stimulation and the satisfaction of completing another small task, and never consumes your day any more. I look forward to when you tell us you are walking an hour a day...and I hope your lungs are still in top form with the quartet...
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

Yep. Best wishes with your recovery Steve. I find walking to be excellent thinking time too.

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
Jorm

Post by Jorm »

best wishes !!
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

Follow the doctors instructions and get well soon.

[:-] Don't attempt to over do things. [:-]

I know being in hospital can be bone numbingly boring but you don't want to go back.

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)
bo

Post by bo »

I want to make this clear, Steve was going to have me take over the programming of MWIF while he is healing but I had to decline his request as I really do not have time to take the 2 week programming course at Drexel University where Steve graduated from, if it was 1 week I might have been able to complete the course but 2 weeks no way. I was debating about going to his condo on Oahu to help out but I think he told me he was still renovating [:@] at least I think that's what he said. [&:]

Bo
johnball

Post by johnball »

Great to see you back in deck Steve.
Best wishes on you recovery.
regards John
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

Glad you're doing better! Thats what is most important.
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Dez caught it
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Good to hear that you are doing well Steve!

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Been away from the forum for a while and sorry to see the news, but glad to hear things are getting better. Best wishes for a swift recovery. [:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

Same from me. Best wishes for a swift recovery.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Return to “World in Flames”