replacing German MG unit icon with older Talonsoft Icon version

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding

Moderator: Jason Petho

big dawg

replacing German MG unit icon with older Talonsoft Icon version

Post by big dawg »

Hello,

I had this problem 2-3 years ago and someone posted the directions but I guess that post was lost/deleted. There was a post at Matrix a few years ago explaining in detail how to convert the icon. I tried to find it but could not.

I do not want to step on anybody's toes. I appreciate the hard work that goes into creating scenarios and the unit icons.

I am not a big fan of the German MG unit. I know there is a retro unit that looks like a MG on a box. I prefer the Talonsoft version to the MG that came in JTCS version.

"Warhorse" (Mike) sent me the 2 icons (EF & WF) I downloaded them to the EF & WF directory but that did not fix the problem. I think there is something else I have to do.

The icons are file Up01213 in EF and file Up01238 in WF. (German MG units).

Any help would be appreciated.

THANKS!
4rakbtl32

RE: replacing German MG unit icon with older Talonsoft Icon version

Post by 4rakbtl32 »

Look at the special folder, there is a mg icon too. Replace this with the new and you have the right icon in game
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I bumped up the old thread for you.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
big dawg

Post by big dawg »

Thanks Junk. YES that was the post I was looking for. I also changed "special folder. Thank you 4rakbtl32 too!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”