Wish List

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

ericbabe

Wish List

Post by ericbabe »

Put your ideas for game improvements -- whether for patches, upgrades, updates, sequels, or whatever -- here!

Here's a good one from CesarM to get us started:

Code: Select all

When I'm deploying units in the blue blinking hexes there's that really useful "undo" button; I know I have used it many many times.

But when you deploy your last unit *puf* the moment the guys touch the board, the game is on, no chance to undo.

Would it be possible to keep the "undo" option for that last unit too? 
CesarM

RE: Wish List

Post by CesarM »

Thanks ericbabe.

My second wish would be to be able to rejoin an online game when somehow I lost connection.

-->I'm editin my message just insist on this. Dear Santa, I'd like to have a 'reconnect' button.

I'll keep thinking about my third whish.
robc04_1

Post by robc04_1 »

Here are my wishes I made elsewhere in the forum (in no particular order):
1- Please display unit stat window during unit deployment.
2- Show rally chance (in %) including relevant modifiers in tooltip over rally button.
3- Have tooltip over disabled unit action buttons to inform the user why they can't perform the action. If this isn't possible to do with disabled buttons, maybe you can use another method to let the user know the button can't be selected (like a red border). i.e. - I want to hide a unit that I'm pretty sure is out of LOS from the enemy, but the button is disabled. I suspect I don't have enough AP, but the manual doesn't state how many AP are required to hide. We moved away from disabling buttons in the business app I worked on years ago for the same reason. The users were confused why they couldn't perform an action when the button was disabled. It saves the user from having to memorize all of the rules.
4- Black smoke obscured wound icon on battlefield over units. Better to forgo smoke.
5- The more I play the more I wish I could check LOS from any hex.
6- The player should be able to pivot a tank or vehicle as the bonus move. After all you can move to that hex as the bonus move, so you should at least be able to pivot to it.
Because I play too much,
One Guy, Too Many Games
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

7) Change game preferences within the multiplayer game lobby. These should be able to be decided by the two players without exiting lobby.

8) Not have terrain cover the chits. ie in the The Turnip Field

mo reb
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
RockKahn

Post by RockKahn »

When a carrier that is towing a unit or carrying a unit as a passenger is selected, only the name of the carrier is shown. I like to also see the name of the towed unit or passenger displayed somewhere.
I don't write Universal Law. I just live by it.
laska2k8

Post by laska2k8 »

- smaller font for UI (battle log)
- smaller unit info panel
"Sa vida pro sa Patria"
MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

in no particular order

1. a grayed out hit probability instead of yellow shown, when a unit could reach that target but has not enuf APs left to fire yet, but the player has either enuf CAPs a or a fitting Action Card left, that would made it possible if he dedicate this resource to that active unit

2. on replay: a more diverse set of NATO symbols for the different units (or maybe the historic German ones, as an option... i saw some very detailed picture-tables @Armchair once) also an indicator (maybe a lighter colored counter background) for damaged units please

3. i thought: how about a very powerfull 'Add another Turn (clock)' action card to play out
(with a very low probability to show up in the deck)

Would that be a good idea?
Would Uwe approve it?

so the (MP-)opponent can never be sure 'the last turn will be really the last one'
...i sometimes wish in larger scenarios: just another turn to reach my goal or squeeze that nasty pocket of resistance

should be an optional game rule in game preferences, of course!
(so not to alter the carefull balanced scenarios for all others)

Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

I'd add that it would be great if you've already posted suggestions in other threads you copy or rewrite them here. Our "Wish List" threads are always the wells from which we draw the ideas that go into our next patches, so the way to ensure having your suggestion noted is to put it here, not buried on pg. 3 of some other thread.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
CesarM

Post by CesarM »

A custom cursor to hint you are waiting for your opponent's turn. Maybe it's me but windows stock cursor makes me think the app is not responding and im goint to be back on the desktop soon
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

ORIGINAL: Gil R.
I'd add that it would be great if you've already posted suggestions in other threads you copy or rewrite them here. Our "Wish List" threads are always the wells from which we draw the ideas that go into our next patches, so the way to ensure having your suggestion noted is to put it here, not buried on pg. 3 of some other thread.

If you're a beta tester who's posted on our beta wish list, we'll still be referencing that wish list as well as this. Feel free to copy the idea here if you want to, but we'll still be looking at the other list.
chrisdk

Post by chrisdk »

Well, with nearly all AtB Firefights successfully tackled here's my personal wishlist:

1. Make Cap-payed-"Command Actions" possible for groups with varying levels of current AP left
Exampel: So if I group unit A with 3 AP left, together with unit B with 5 AP left and give them 1 CAP to perform a group move, after the move they still have 3 and 5 AP respectively.

2. Do not penalize members of a group that used less than the CAPs that they were awarded.
Example: 3 fresh Units form a group. They receive 2 CAPs. They perform a Group Move. Unit A needs 2 Points to move, Unit B and C only 1 Point. Upon deselecting them next round Unit A will currently have 7 AP and B and C only 6. All of them should have 7 instead. Otherwise B and C are penalized for doing something "cheaper" than unit A, while A is not penalized like this.

3. Make it less likely to accidentally deselect a group
Explanation: I often form groups, give them CAPs and then accidentally click somewhere (or would like to check LOS from another unit or something). In this case the group is deselected and the CAPs are lost.

4. Make it possible to check line of sight anywhere on the Map.
Idea a): Just make it possible to check between two specific hexes
Idea b): Upon clicking on a Hex (or Alt-Clicking or in LOS Mode or whatever), Show LOS from that hex as if there was a unit with unlimited Range and Arc of Fire in that hex.
Idea c): at least make it possible to click on an enemy unit to show their LOS

5. With Fog of War on, show how many AP that Unit has already spent in view of Units this turn.
Example: An enemy unit moves into View of my Units. It should now show the AP it spent to to enter. Then it takes a shot at one of my units, the total should rise accordingly.

6. Implement a Toggle for Artillery crater visibility
Reason: right now the craters obscure underlying terrain and hex borders pretty badly

7. Implement an Undo Button
No I don't have an idea how to solve "scouting by undoing moves uncovering units" either. But it's a "wish" list, right?

8. Make it possible to deselect specific units from a group.
Right now I always have to deselect the whole group and then start selecting them all one by one again

9. Make it possible to select units for a group via a selection box

10. I would like to be able to click on a history entry and then see highlights as to what was the acting and if appropriate the affected unit.

11. When panning to show acting unit and target, please center on those units.
If I am zoomed out a bit and there is a unit acting by the corner of the visible area, it is really easy to miss it.
robc04_1

Post by robc04_1 »

From Chris dk
2. Do not penalize members of a group that used less than the CAPs that they were awarded.
Example: 3 fresh Units form a group. They receive 2 CAPs. They perform a Group Move. Unit A needs 2 Points to move, Unit B and C only 1 Point. Upon deselecting them next round Unit A will currently have 7 AP and B and C only 6. All of them should have 7 instead. Otherwise B and C are penalized for doing something "cheaper" than unit A, while A is not penalized like this.

From me:
That is the point of the grouping rule. When units are grouped, they are making coordinated movements. Since they are coordinating think of it as B and C must wait for A to complete it's actions.

Other suggestions look good
Because I play too much,
One Guy, Too Many Games
chrisdk

Post by chrisdk »

ORIGINAL: robc04

From Chris dk

From me:
That is the point of the grouping rule. When units are grouped, they are making coordinated movements. Since they are coordinating think of it as B and C must wait for A to complete it's actions.

Other suggestions look good

Well, I have absolutely no problem with them paying 2 points. Afterall in the board game the costs would also always be calculated by the most expensive action of the group. That is already showing that even those who do the "cheaper" move are waiting for the unit doing the slower move by the whole group action costing two points.

What I have a problem with is that B and C are currently paying three points.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

It has already been mentioned as a possibility, but my 1st wish is a campain game. I would love something along the Steel Panthers model, a point buy core, unit experience gains, and the ability it upgrade units' weapons as wartime tech advances.
My second wish would to gradually add more complex rules that would increase realism. I think that they should be optional rules so the game stays accessible to new buyers. For those who are more experienced, it would make the game more challenging.
major.pain

Post by major.pain »

+/- and mouse button unit cycle should jump to and centre on units if they are off screen, along with the automated camera movement during a turn

Increase the colour contrast between trees that represent either a light or heavy forest hex like the map from the board game.

Line of sight overlay needs to be represented more cleanly by not effecting the map colours that are out of the selected units line of site, only what the unit can actually see needs to be highlighted there is no need to darken areas it can not see as all the different tones obscure elevation ect.

Its already been said but better use of the screen space must be a high priority, even more so because you need to be zoomed a good way in to be able to read the chits clearly it makes it far more difficult than in needs to be to get a good overview of the board.
RockKahn

Post by RockKahn »

When placing reinforcements onto the map from the list displayed on the left:
1. Display the hex cover, i.e. woods, heavy woods, wooden building, etc. when hovering mouse over hex, or clicking on hex before placing the unit.
2. Display unit parameters, everything that is displayed during a game when you click on a unit before placing a unit. (range, attack values, defense values, range, green/regular, etc.)
3. Come up with a way to undo placing a unit besides having an undo button. Maybe clicking on a placed unit, ctrl-right click on a place unit. The Undo button appears to undo placement of units in a sequential order so you have to undo placement of several unit you've already placed to get to the one you want to change its placement.
JFalk68

Post by JFalk68 »

Graphic improvements

-A gameboard that looks like the table top version of the game
-sharper chits
-better looking dice

-An encyclopedie of the in game units detailing its armaments, armor, weapons carried...stuff like that

-a little cleaner GUI, maybe one that is adjustable as well
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Initiative rolls with the ability to spend CAP's to influence them.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
RockKahn

Post by RockKahn »

Add a "Close and Cancel Changes" button to the "Scenario Base Editor" dialog box in the Scenario Editor.
TomBombadil711

Post by TomBombadil711 »

A map that looks like the table top gameboard of the game, not 3D

smaller unit info panel

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”