LCU Movements

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Tullius

LCU Movements

Post by Tullius »

In the manual is stated that the speed is depend on the terrain and gives a table with the correspondending numbers. So an infantery unit will march 30 miles on a road per 12 hours. In the section is also an example which calculate the movement of armor unit (page 190f.). Here it is noted that unit moves "per day" and not per "12 hours cycle". Does it mean that movement will only occur once per day and night marshes or a forced march are not possible in the game system ?
Empire101

RE: LCU Movements

Post by Empire101 »

ORIGINAL: Tullius

In the manual is stated that the speed is depend on the terrain and gives a table with the correspondending numbers. So an infantery unit will march 30 miles on a road per 12 hours. In the section is also an example which calculate the movement of armor unit (page 190f.). Here it is noted that unit moves "per day" and not per "12 hours cycle". Does it mean that movement will only occur once per day and night marshes or a forced march are not possible in the game system ?

There are no night marches or forced marches for LCU's in the game as far as I'm aware.
12 hours is the maximum set by the engine to 'get things done' during that day,
as the other 12hours of the day would reasonably be take up with sleeping, admin, eating etc.
[font="Tahoma"]Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
[/font] - Michael Burleigh

Capt Hornblower

Post by Capt Hornblower »

ORIGINAL: Tullius

You have discovered a discrepancy in the manual. If we are to believe the opening paragraph in the section (as I think we should, given that the game gives each day an AM and a PM phase), the distances given are per half-day. Thus each instance of day in the manual's armor example should be read to mean half-day. (Considering the game's origins in Uncommon Valor-- in which land units also move during both phases --it would be very surprising if the manual's example were correct.)
bk19@mweb.co.za

Post by bk19@mweb.co.za »

In my experience, although the rules quote a 12 hour period, I have noted that a well rested and fully supplied unit will only do the distance detailed in the tables per day and not per half day as printed.

I have found this to be a consistent condition and thus only plan my moves based on the latter measurement.
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

The movement rates are per day. The reference to 12 hours is wrong.

The RR strategic movement rates are @ 10 hexes/day major RR, 6 hexes/day minor RR.
WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!
Empire101

Post by Empire101 »

ORIGINAL: Blackhorse

The movement rates are per day. The reference to 12 hours is wrong.

The RR strategic movement rates are @ 10 hexes/day major RR, 6 hexes/day minor RR.

Thats what I meant, but you explained it better

[font="Tahoma"]Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
[/font] - Michael Burleigh

HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

I thought it was only 5 hexes on minor rails....learn something every day here.
Hans

Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

I thought it was only 5 hexes on minor rails....learn something every day here.

As they say in American car advertisements, after touting the amazing miles-per-gallon the new model will get: "your actual mileage may vary."
[:)]
WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”