World Destroyer Project

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

kentcol

World Destroyer Project

Post by kentcol »

I found the World Destroyer Project. How do I take control of it??[&:]
Shadow Tiger

RE: World Destroyer Project

Post by Shadow Tiger »

Repair it with construction ships. It'll take some time.
scotten_usa

Post by scotten_usa »

In my current game, I found the World Destroyer after the Gizurean race had found it and was already repairing it. They are extremely erratic. I couldn't figure out how to take over their repair without starting a war with them, so instead I attacked the 1/2 repaired Destroyer!

After several minutes of one-sided combat, the Destroyer went BOOM.

I think this is an exploit though. The Gizurean player should be mad at me, but wasn't.
Howard Mitchell

Post by Howard Mitchell »

This is a quirk/feature of the game since its original release - you can steal a ship which is being repaired by having more warships nearby when it is finally repaired (it will automatically become yours), and you can destroy a neutral ship which is being repaired without any diplomatic consequences. I've also blown up World Destroyers and other ships which someone else was repairing without any adverse effect.
While the battles the British fight may differ in the widest possible ways, they invariably have two common characteristics – they are always fought uphill and always at the junction of two or more map sheets.

General Sir William Slim
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

I would like a game mechanic added to this.The A.I will leave you alone in peace to rebuild it and that is surely not right as this ship destroys worlds..

I think it should continuously damage your reputation when your construction ships try to rebuild it.
kentcol

Post by kentcol »

Thanks, guys!
Shadow Tiger

Post by Shadow Tiger »

ORIGINAL: Howard Mitchell

This is a quirk/feature of the game since its original release - you can steal a ship which is being repaired by having more warships nearby when it is finally repaired (it will automatically become yours), and you can destroy a neutral ship which is being repaired without any diplomatic consequences. I've also blown up World Destroyers and other ships which someone else was repairing without any adverse effect.
Wait, all I need to do is park a fleet by the World Destroyer, trade away my galaxy map and kick back while someone else fixes it for me? That's just devious. I like it!
Georgia145

Post by Georgia145 »

ImageRepair it with construction ships. It'll take some time.
Cauldyth

Post by Cauldyth »

ORIGINAL: Shadow Tiger
Wait, all I need to do is park a fleet by the World Destroyer, trade away my galaxy map and kick back while someone else fixes it for me? That's just devious. I like it!
I thought they fixed that in one of the recent patches.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”