VAT

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

JudgeDredd

VAT

Post by JudgeDredd »

It's nice to see VAT on the main purchase page now - well done Matrix & Plimus

Now - how about allowing customers who purchased a game via Paypal to view their orders...hmmm?
Alba gu' brath
sterckxe

RE: VAT

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
Now - how about allowing customers who purchased a game via Paypal to view their orders...hmmm?

Just curious : why would you want to ? I mean, I buy stuff through Paypal all the time, but never felt the need to view my orders on their site as they always send you a mail with all the info which I then store in a "Paypal" folder in my mailbox. Much more convenient and quicker to search in then some website you have to logon to etc.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Not having access to it, I'm not sure what's there - but I presumed it was the same as "findmyorder" where you had a download link for your purchase....if it is actually just the order information and nothing more than I guess it's no biggie and can see why it takes a back seat to other things - but annoying that it's not available and I don't know what information or functionality is there just because I choose Paypal as the payment method
Alba gu' brath
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
Not having access to it, I'm not sure what's there - but I presumed it was the same as "findmyorder" where you had a download link for your purchase....if it is actually just the order information and nothing more than I guess it's no biggie and can see why it takes a back seat to other things - but annoying that it's not available and I don't know what information or functionality is there just because I choose Paypal as the payment method

Scratching my head here because when I bought Unity of Command through Paypal two nights ago I got

1) A mail from Plimus with a link in case I needed product support and a link for help on this particular sale
2) A mail from Matrix with my serial number and download link
3) A mail from Paypal saying I had authorized payment to Plimus

All received within minutes of me pulling the trigger on the purchase.

What more do you want ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Terl

Post by Terl »

I am guessing what he means is if you want to look up your order after purchasing with paypal there is no way unless you have the order number. If you use a credit card you can use the last digits of your credit card. Can't find the order if done with paypal using this screen: http://home.plimus.com/ecommerce/shoppers/finding-order
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: Terl
I am guessing what he means is if you want to look up your order after purchasing with paypal there is no way unless you have the order number.

I've got the impression we're running around in circles here ... the order number is in the mail Paypal send you under the heading Transaction ID, a link in the upper right corner of the mail. Clicking on it takes you to the details of your order.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Terl

Post by Terl »

ORIGINAL: sterckxe
I am guessing what he means is if you want to look up your order after purchasing with paypal there is no way unless you have the order number.

I've got the impression we're running around in circles here ... the order number is in the mail Paypal send you under the heading Transaction ID, a link in the upper right corner of the mail. Clicking on it takes you to the details of your order.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

That is true. I did not realize you can go back to Paypal and find the transaction ID and see the number there. Your post made me go look. While you can get the number it is not just enter the number and an email with Plimus to access your order if purchased through Paypal. You have to open a ticket with them. I am one who liked the old vendor, Digital River.
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

That is true. I did not realize you can go back to Paypal and find the transaction ID and see the number there. Your post made me go look. Cool....

I think I figured it out. The only way actually looking your order up through Paypal would ever be needed is when you delete the mail Paypal has send you.

A simple solution for this : don't delete the mail.

Oh, and backup your installer executable while you're at it and put the serial number in a text file with it.

There, I've just solved 50% of the support calls Matrix gets :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Terl

Post by Terl »

ORIGINAL: sterckxe
That is true. I did not realize you can go back to Paypal and find the transaction ID and see the number there. Your post made me go look. Cool....

I think I figured it out. The only way actually looking your order up through Paypal would ever be needed is when you delete the mail Paypal has send you.

A simple solution for this : don't delete the mail.

Oh, and backup your installer executable while you're at it and put the serial number in a text file with it.

There, I've just solved 50% of the support calls Matrix gets :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Not really, it is a nuisance to access it through Plimus with the order number. I got the number and went back and one must complete a ticket. Whereas the process is easier if you used a credit card.
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

Not really, it is a nuisance to access it through Plimus with the order number. I got the number and went back and one must complete a ticket. Whereas the process is easier if you used a credit card.

I'm going to bow out of this one, because the more I read about it, the more I fail to see the problem.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

forget it - fuck sake!
Alba gu' brath
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

forget it - **** sake!

LOL!!
King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Whilst this thread is about Plimus - I was able to log on to Digital River using findmyorder and download a game I bought in 2006 (Puresim Baseball) - I can't even redownload a game I bought in June this year from Plimus (though why the fuck would I want to?).

That is a step backward in my book - and bearing in mind how many people thought DR was bad...go figure
Alba gu' brath

Return to “General Discussion”