WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

BigDuke66

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available!

Post by BigDuke66 »

@Nomad
Thanks totally overlooked that feature.

Another question, is this normal?

I:\WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1>java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
WitP Tracker AE tables loaded in 19 seconds
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap spa
ce
at java.awt.image.DataBufferInt.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.Raster.createPackedRaster(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(Unknow
n Source)
at sun.awt.image.SunVolatileImage.getBackupImage(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.getBackupSurface(Unknown Source)

at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.initialize(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.image.SunVolatileImage.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.GraphicsConfiguration.createCompatibleVolatileImage(Unknown
Source)
Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.getVolatileOffscreenBuffer(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.GraphicsCallback$PaintCallback.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runOneComponent(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runComponents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.paint(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknow
n Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap spa
ce
n Source)

at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.displayChanged(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunDisplayChanger.notifyListeners(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment.displayChanged(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit$3.run(Unknown Source)
ce
n Source)

at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.initialize(Unknown Source)
Source)
Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.getVolatileOffscreenBuffer(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.GraphicsCallback$PaintCallback.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runOneComponent(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runComponents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.paint(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknow
n Source)
ce
n Source)

at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.displayChanged(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunDisplayChanger.notifyListeners(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment.displayChanged(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit$3.run(Unknown Source)
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
Theages

Post by Theages »

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Floyd and Damien, I need to report a memory allocation anomaly.

When I use this command line I get an error that not enough memory is available when I try to load a turn file.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms384m -Xmx1024m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap

And when I use this line it works fine.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms384m -Xmx768m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap

I am using Windows 7, 64 bit, and I have 6GB of memory installed. I do not understand why decreasing the maximum amount of memory available will let the turn load. I have about 3 GB of unassigned RAM available.

java.exe is a 32Bit Application. It can address a maximum of 2GByte. The first variant reserves 1 Gbyte. The second variant allocates a quarter less. When trying to load a turn, additional memory is requested. If requested memory is greater than the available amount (2GByte - 1024M; or 2Gbyte - 768M) the error occurs. The second variant allows for more memory being requested.

There is a way to allow for 3Gbyte being used by java.exe, that requires hex-editing jave.exe (see post 1698).
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

ORIGINAL: Theages
ORIGINAL: Nomad

Floyd and Damien, I need to report a memory allocation anomaly.

When I use this command line I get an error that not enough memory is available when I try to load a turn file.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms384m -Xmx1024m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap

And when I use this line it works fine.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms384m -Xmx768m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap

I am using Windows 7, 64 bit, and I have 6GB of memory installed. I do not understand why decreasing the maximum amount of memory available will let the turn load. I have about 3 GB of unassigned RAM available.

java.exe is a 32Bit Application. It can address a maximum of 2GByte. The first variant reserves 1 Gbyte. The second variant allocates a quarter less. When trying to load a turn, additional memory is requested. If requested memory is greater than the available amount (2GByte - 1024M; or 2Gbyte - 768M) the error occurs. The second variant allows for more memory being requested.

There is a way to allow for 3Gbyte being used by java.exe, that requires hex-editing jave.exe (see post 1698).
According to this, the -Xmx parameter is the maximum possible pool size

-Xmsn
Specify the initial size, in bytes, of the memory allocation pool. This value must be a multiple of 1024 greater than 1MB. Append the letter k or K to indicate kilobytes, or m or M to indicate megabytes. The default value is 2MB. Examples:

-Xms6291456
-Xms6144k
-Xms6m

-Xmxn
Specify the maximum size, in bytes, of the memory allocation pool. This value must a multiple of 1024 greater than 2MB. Append the letter k or K to indicate kilobytes, or m or M to indicate megabytes. The default value is 64MB. Examples:

-Xmx83886080
-Xmx81920k
-Xmx80m
Theages

Post by Theages »

If I remember correctly, tracker uses a second thread for the "Load Turn" command. Maybe that second thread tries to additionally allocate the same xmx memory amount as the starting line does.
Milman

Post by Milman »

Which regions should i load for patch 06i ? Didn't play one year so just to check witch regions are up to date.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

ORIGINAL: Theages

If I remember correctly, tracker uses a second thread for the "Load Turn" command. Maybe that second thread tries to additionally allocate the same xmx memory amount as the starting line does.

The other part that I see I didn't put in my first post is that the one with a -Xmx1024 switch worked for over 60 turns and then quit. I changed it to the -Xmx768 and it then worked. [&:]
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Milman

Which regions should i load for patch 06i ? Didn't play one year so just to check witch regions are up to date.

I don't think the patch level matters for which regions file you use. AFAIK if you load a file with extra bases they just get ignored... so, I suggest loading the scenario 28 regions file (the corrected one that I presume they distributed with Tracker, but I haven't checked on that last piece).

Worst case is, let me know you don't have it and I'll post it.

To explain what I mean by 'extra bases' - DaBabes added a small number of bases above and beyond those in scenario 1. It does have all the scenario 1 (&2, etc.) bases so you won't be missing any. About 6 months ago I went through that file to look up all the Lat and Lon of the bases, and I discovered a few that were in the wrong regions (& corrected them). Whether the plain scenario 1 file has those corrections or not I have no idea.
BigBadWolf

Post by BigBadWolf »

Just noticed something weird, I'm sorry if it's been already addressed.

Game is OBEM, Scen 79, Reluctant Admiral. Tracker version 1.6.1. Ship AA ratings in Tracker and in game do not match, in fact, games shows twice the amount Tracker does. See pictures below.

Whom do I trust? [&:] [;)]
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Think of AA value as being something relative. It is hard to put a single number on it. The AA value is composed of different types and sizes of guns with different effects and ceilings. Even two ships that are different classes might have the same AA value but they would have different effect at different altitudes. Did I muddy that up good enough?
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

The developers have confirmed that the 'AA Rating' that gets displayed is used for nothing - nada. It's just a display item for us humans. So like Nomad said, look at them relative to each other. But, the more you look at the actual AA weapons you will see things like 1.1in being versus 40mm Bofors as much more meaningful.
FeurerKrieg

Post by FeurerKrieg »

Hi guys - great work on Tracker.

If possible could you please add Parent and SubParent columns to the LCU page to display units that have been broken down via the Editor (as opposed to the /a, /b, /c in game splits)? If you already have this functionality in Tracker please point me in the right direction.

Here is an excel version I put together for my use using an LCU CSV dump from Tracker, and then scanning units one at a time in the WITPAE Editor. It would be nice if this could update throughout the game automatically in Tracker. Since the info is in the scenario files I would think it should be accessible to your program.

Change .txt to .zip to get the excel file.

Thanks!
Attachments
JapanScen1LCUs.txt
(135.07 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Feurer Krieg

Hi guys - great work on Tracker.

If possible could you please add Parent and SubParent columns to the LCU page to display units that have been broken down via the Editor (as opposed to the /a, /b, /c in game splits)? If you already have this functionality in Tracker please point me in the right direction.

Here is an excel version I put together for my use using an LCU CSV dump from Tracker, and then scanning units one at a time in the WITPAE Editor. It would be nice if this could update throughout the game automatically in Tracker. Since the info is in the scenario files I would think it should be accessible to your program.

Change .txt to .zip to get the excel file.

Thanks!
I'm in Thailand at the moment so haven't got to see the xls file ...

Currently there is no functionality for that - however I did work it out some time ago (I just didn't complete the coding & pass it onto Floyd)

Otherwise in the LCU production area you can see general fragmentation (non-editor)

Thanks and I'll see about it for next release
Hanzberger

Post by Hanzberger »

Why do I get a SYS warning if there are 6 figures worth of supplies? ie Vehicle/repairing SYS 104568<<<under warning
Planning for #17 Ironman Tier2

Japan AC wire chart here
tm.asp?m=2769286&mpage=1&key=?
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

Not sure what's going on but I just loaded first turn into 1.7.1 but no alerts at all of any kind regardless of display setting but when I load the turn into 1.6.? it shows numerous ones. As far as 1.6 goes I've been using it for some time & loading turns occasionally into it (about 2-4 times/game mo). Would this be normal w/ the new version that I won't get any alerts on the first turn load but will on future turns due to it comparing the previous load for changes? I'd think I should have some showing from kills or something like that that happen every turn.

Alerts are generated only when you load an additional turn - we generate them as part of the turn loading process, not the database initialization process.

Floyd
Delete the trackerdb.* files.
Copy the pwsdll.dll file from the game folder to the WitPTracker folder.
Try running the WitPTracker.bat again.
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

Just noticed something weird, I'm sorry if it's been already addressed.

Game is OBEM, Scen 79, Reluctant Admiral. Tracker version 1.6.1. Ship AA ratings in Tracker and in game do not match, in fact, games shows twice the amount Tracker does. See pictures below.

Whom do I trust? [&:] [;)]

For some reason, the formula in WitPTracker computes the AA rating and then divides it by 2. I can easily fix that one... [;)]
Hanzberger

Post by Hanzberger »

OK I am wondering why Tracker is showing that I have type 4 mines but my in game screen is showing zero.

Attachments
Thisaintright.jpg
Thisaintright.jpg (164.31 KiB) Viewed 135 times

Japan AC wire chart here
Hanzberger

Post by Hanzberger »

here

Attachments
Thataintright2.jpg
Thataintright2.jpg (353.55 KiB) Viewed 135 times

Japan AC wire chart here
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

disregard
dorjun driver

Post by dorjun driver »

Gentlemen;

Is it true that a red arrow in a column, up &#9650; or down &#9660;, indicates a “bad” change in circumstance, while a green arrow, again, either up &#9650; or down &#9660;, indicates a “good” one? If so, there is a continuity error in at least the Air Groups and Pilots data set.

In the Air Group History screen, increasing morale and decreasing fatigue are both denoted by green arrows, which makes perfect sense. In the Air Group Pilots screen, however, decreasing fatigue is denoted by a red arrow.

It’s only a nit, but I had to pick it. Yeah yeah yeah… I know it’ll never heal!

Thanks for a great tool,

Doug

Attachments
historycomposit.jpg
historycomposit.jpg (71.19 KiB) Viewed 135 times
x - ARPAnaut
x - ACM
x - AES
Current - Bum

The paths of glory may lead you to the grave, but the paths of duty may not get you anywhere.
JT
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: Hanzberger

OK I am wondering why Tracker is showing that I have type 4 mines but my in game screen is showing zero.

I'll need a save to determine.

Floyd

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”