Rest mode affects?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bhawes

Rest mode affects?

Post by bhawes »

Do the Engineers, BF & various construction battalions still performs repairs and enhancements at a normal rate while in rest mode or is there a reduced work output in that status? What about Base Force plane repairs, rearm and prep? Is it reduced while resting or do they perform full work output for turn around etc (assuming supplies and command support of course)?
USSAmerica

RE: Rest mode affects?

Post by USSAmerica »

Base repair/expansion requires engineers to be in Combat mode.  Any other mode results in zero work done.

Aviation support will function at the same level in any mode. 
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
kaleun

Post by kaleun »

Aviation support will function at the same level in any mode.

Good to know, I thought they had to be in combat mode for that.
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

I wonder why LCU in reserve status but in a battle hex,(40 miles wide), cannot benefit by getting some much needed 'rest"..[:@]

foliveti

Post by foliveti »

During the current six month siege of Singapore that I have been enduring, I have put badly damaged units into reserve mode and they do seem to recover more quickly than if I had left them in combat mode.
Frank
Sredni

Post by Sredni »

Naval support needs to be in combat mode to work.
Mike Dixon

Post by Mike Dixon »

Do units in rest use less supplies than in combat mode [&:]
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: foliveti

During the current six month siege of Singapore that I have been enduring, I have put badly damaged units into reserve mode and they do seem to recover more quickly than if I had left them in combat mode.

I hope you are right, I have not noticed this at all..Trying to kick interlopers out of Lashio to open the supply road is very tedious...May need to call for Roto Rooter!

Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

Again...and again I see the need for a new PDF manual .

This kind of stuff should be clear and in the manual.

Cav
Smeulders

Post by Smeulders »

ORIGINAL: Mike Dixon

No, same supply usage is the same no matter the mode. Being in combat will however increase supply usage.
The AE-Wiki, help fill it out
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: cavalry

Again...and again I see the need for a new PDF manual .

This kind of stuff should be clear and in the manual.

Cav

There won't be a new PDF manual. This stuff needs to be clearly laid out on the wiki.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

No, same supply usage is the same no matter the mode. Being in combat will however increase supply usage.

LOL....I have re-read your statement 10 times and it is surely clear as mud...[:D]

Mike Dixon

Post by Mike Dixon »

ORIGINAL: m10bob

LOL....I have re-read your statement 10 times and it is surely clear as mud...[:D]

It is clear I think. If a unit is sitting around in say a rear base either in combat mode or rest mode it will use the same supplies, unless of course it has engineers beavering away building. However fighting will use more supplies. [:)]

m10bob

Post by m10bob »

It is clear I think. If a unit is sitting around in say a rear base either in combat mode or rest mode it will use the same supplies, unless of course it has engineers beavering away building. However fighting will use more supplies. [:)]

So...if I have 10 friendly units in a hex, and 1 of them is in active combat/attack mode....the entire supply usage figure is actually the amount being consumed by the entire hex, not just a particular unit?

Smeulders

Post by Smeulders »

Well, I should have reread that one before posting, but there is only one "same" too much. Should have been "Supply usage is the same, no matter the mode". Alternatively "Same supply usage, no matter the mode". See, if you know what to leave out if works in 2 ways [;)]
The AE-Wiki, help fill it out
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

Well, I should have reread that one before posting, but there is only one "same" too much. Should have been "Supply usage is the same, no matter the mode". Alternatively "Same supply usage, no matter the mode". See, if you know what to leave out if works in 2 ways [;)]

Now I gotcha!..My Aussies (who are excellent warriors) drink the same amount of beer when they are fighting, or when resting under the trees![:D]

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Now I gotcha!..My Aussies (who are excellent warriors) drink the same amount of beer when they are fighting, or when resting under the trees![:D]

They're Aussies, they should drink more when fighting than they do resting. [8D]
Milman

Post by Milman »

How exp helps to the non combat units ? Do eng build/repair faster ? Do support sq have better impact on troops, planes or ships ?

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”