Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Is Updated

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

SeanD

Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Is Updated

Post by SeanD »

The expansion to this award winning space 4X game is updated

Matrix Games and Code Force (www.codeforce.co.nz) are pleased to release the first update for Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi, the new expansion for the critically and fan acclaimed space strategy game Distant Worlds. The comprehensive 1.501 update includes a handful of bug fixes, some additional modding support including more editing options in the Game Editor, a few interface improvements like a mass-fighter upgrade button for your entire empire, and some performance optimizations on multi-core machines.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Code Force is moving quickly to update and improve the new Return of the Shakturi expansion. As with the original Distant Worlds, Return of the Shakturi is only going to get better as time goes on!”

An ancient evil is returning to the vast universe of Distant Worlds! The Return of the Shakturi is the highly anticipated expansion to the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game Distant Worlds. In addition to a long list of new features and improvements, Return of the Shakturi includes two new and unique alien races complete with riveting events that expand upon the original Distant Worlds and move the timeline of the universe forward into its next chapter with exciting new endgame options. A completely new and vastly expanded research system with comprehensive new tech trees awaits, with new tech and options for avid ship designers such as fighters, bombers, missiles, Ion weapons, planetary facilities, regional capitols, and much more!

Return of the Shakturi also comes packed with interface improvements like an Empire Navigation Tool to provide quick access to everything in your empire, Action Buttons for one-click access to common tasks, an Enemy Targets list showing all known enemy threats, Build Orders to mass-produce groups of new ships in one simple step, and much more! All this coupled with new Empire Policies to fine tune the auto-management of your empire, new galaxy shapes, and extended modding support make Return of the Shakturi an essential add-on to the vast, living galaxy of Distant Worlds!

Please note: Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi REQUIRES ownership of the original full Distant Worlds game.

Get the update here. The update is comprehensive and will bring all previous versions of Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi to 1.501. Get more information on Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi from its official product page.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Coupon

RE: Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Is Updated

Post by Coupon »

So which is the latest? This or the 1.502 beta?
Setekh

Post by Setekh »

This update is basically the 1501 beta but it's now an official update 1501. If you want the newest fixes, get 1502beta.
Data

Post by Data »

good thing the "check for update" option knows now that i'm on 1502beta and does not try to apply this official 1501 update. So we can still check via this on the latest options
Matrix really has a great number of options to notify us of any update.
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Larsenex

Post by Larsenex »

How can I get the 5102 beta?

How would I play with it?
Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.
Data

Post by Data »

there is a link in SeanD's post, follow that to the members area where you can download the patch....how would you play with it is not very clear to me
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
vtecem

Post by vtecem »

Do you have a link to or explanation of where the patch notes might be?  I am having trouble locating any for my reading pleasure.

Thanks
martok

Post by martok »

So when is the final update for vanilla DW going to available? Some of us are still waiting for it.

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Data

Post by Data »

i think and hope the next update will come soon.....but the final one? never i hope
martok

Post by martok »

I'm referring only to the final update for the base version of Distant Worlds, Data. (I'm sure there will be many more updates for Shakturi and any other future expansions. [8D] )

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”