Evacuating factories

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Neal_MLC

Evacuating factories

Post by Neal_MLC »

I may be reading something into the manual that isn't there. Can I manually move factories? the manual implies that I can but I can't find the mechanics on how to do it.
no matter where you go, there you are
Great_Ajax

RE: Evacuating factories

Post by Great_Ajax »

See page 65 in the manual.

Trey
"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer
Flaviusx

Post by Flaviusx »

You need to click the little factory icon to highlight in red those cities with potential sites to be railed out. Then put the game into rail mode. Then select the city name in the display on the right. This pulls up a menu of the factories in the location. You can rail these out subject to your limits, and right click the distination city. Possible locations for factory arrivals are highlighted in green.
WitE Alpha Tester
Neal_MLC

Post by Neal_MLC »

Ok, I finally figured it out. I was missing clicking on the city name in the upper right hand corner. It is small and easy to miss, fo r me any way. Thanks for the help
Colin_slith

Post by Colin_slith »

You can evacuate factories?

Wow this game is incredible.
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

ORIGINAL: ColinFrancis

You can evacuate factories?

Wow this game is incredible.

Only as the Soviets [:)]
PyleDriver

Post by PyleDriver »

You will think increditible when you have to balance troops moving west and factories moving east. This is a true task of timing...
Jon Pyle
AWD Beta tester
WBTS Alpha tester
WitE Alpha tester
WitW Alpha tester
WitE2 Alpha tester
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

ORIGINAL: Neal_MLC

Ok, I finally figured it out. I was missing clicking on the city name in the upper right hand corner. It is small and easy to miss, fo r me any way. Thanks for the help

One thing I learned after some early frustration. Deselect all ground units in the right panel before you try and move the factories, otherwise you'll be limited to moving to cities in range of those units max rail range only. It would be nice if units were not selected when the factory icon is depressed and players click on a city.

Jim
Neal_MLC

Post by Neal_MLC »

Thanks for that little bit of advice. That would have caused a great deal of frustration for me as well.
Swayin

Post by Swayin »

Was just about to post this same question - knew I could do it but couldn't figure out how ... thanks again to Flavius for the answer.
The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”